Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

Kit-Fox wrote:Damn, fear the hostility. You try and actually have a conversation/debate and you get shut down right away.

Oh well, off to nicer grounds methinks.
Did I come off hostile? Sorry :smt086.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Kit-Fox wrote:By change your brain chemistry I am assuming here that you mean on some sort of permanent or even just semi permanent basis Ĕɱƿŷ??

That is for longer than the active ingredient is present in your system affecting a temporary unbalance from the 'norm'

If so then by long term if you mean at least a decade than yeah, constant regular use will eventually do that. Otherwise having the odd spliff every so often isnt gonna do anything to you at all. It takes an awful lot to enforce a change to your bodys natural chemical makeup that is/could be (semi)permanent.

As for using drugs in your formative years (by this I assume you mean under pyshical maturity?) , well then your asking for trouble & that isnt responsible drug use. Again building into my points in the other threads about mandatory unbiased drug education for everyone.

Actually the brain is most vulnerable from around birth to 18 approx to create server damage developmentally, but as you go on all drugs seem to do similar damage. Opiates reaks havoc on the nervous system, pot affect the emotion center and dopamine slightly causing schizophrenia or early onset Parkinson's disease, Ecstasy causes a lack of happiness in the patient due to triggering an overload or frying all neurons where its affects. Speed triggers the hyperthelmus and the adrenals causing massive damage to the body. Alchol long term causes depression and destroys the liver and tabbacco has a high affinity with causing mutation and cancer cells.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Empy
Derper

Kit-Fox wrote:Which is why at the end of my post it says to use drugs while not physically maturity is not responsible use of drugs & that its asking for trouble & why mandatory, unbiased education is needed about drugs for all ages & levels of society.

As yes many drugs can indeed create some quite serious problems when used by children who are still growing. Although again a casual encounter is although unwise probably not gonna leave you with any problems.
Indeed.

Spoiler
lone dragon
Forum Expert

Kit-Fox wrote:Which is why at the end of my post it says to use drugs while not physically maturity is not responsible use of drugs & that its asking for trouble & why mandatory, unbiased education is needed about drugs for all ages & levels of society.

As yes many drugs can indeed create some quite serious problems when used by children who are still growing. Although again a casual encounter is although unwise probably not gonna leave you with any problems.

According to science there is always a risk its not about biased education but I do agree some drugs have very specific applications and normally used in their actual roles have more benefits than problems; the problem is using them incorrectly. But I cannot agree synthetic drugs have any application such as speed and Ecstasy.
Spoiler
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

No, I think people are stuck on stupid enough..legalizing them will just make it the norm and a rapid pace towards the destruction of society as we know it.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Planet of Tatooine
Race: Sand People

Why is there a debate on this anyway?
Should they be legal? No.
Should they ever be legal? No.

I am not going to post a long winded post on 'morality of society' and the dangers of drugs. It isnt needed.

Presumably we know the ramifications of such drugs. These ramifications include not just personal health ramifications. I include all ramifications, social, economic, health and all these

In a sense this outlines how democracy is bad. Catering for the bottom of the rungs in society. Homosexual marriage, the proposed legalising of drugs, legal age of sex, sex ed, the list goes on.

Offtopic for a moment, as some one will sooner or later state this 'counter argument' to my criticism at one stage.

Proposed Counter Argument Already Stated and Reasons Explained.
[spoiler]Im going to counter the inevitable 'black argument'. Im just going to say, African Americans are NOT a minority, and I am not talking about 'race'. If you consider anyone a different race from you, you are a racist. Because presumably we are all human. Same race.
Please note 'human rights' not 'white rights' or 'back rights' or 'yellow rights' its human. And Human rights are only privileges if not extended unto one and all.[/spoiler]

some drugs have very specific applications and normally used in their actual roles have more benefits than problems; the problem is using them incorrectly

And it is the wide use of the incorrect use that leads this the prohibition. Although Murphy's law is always going to be a consent threat with anything there are limits to damage in certain things, and higher chances of rehab.

Recreational Drugs- Should They be legalised? Short Answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Last edited by Mister Sandman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware - The Sleeper Has Awoken
lone dragon
Forum Expert

Mister Sandman wrote:

In a sense this outlines how democracy is bad. Catering for the bottom of the rungs in society. Off Topic:
Homosexual marriage, the proposed legalising of drugs, Off Topic:
legal age of sex, sex ed, the list goes on.

Im going to counter the inevitable 'black argument'. Im just going to say, African Americans are NOT a minority, and I am not talking about 'race'. If you consider anyone a different race from you, you are a racist. Because presumably we are all human. Same race.
Please note 'human rights' not 'white rights' or 'back rights' or 'yellow rights' its human. And Human rights are only privileges if not extended unto one and all.

Off Topic:
How is this relevant to the drug debate?

Also that's a bit of a judgment.

How do you figure this is relevant to drug legality?
Spoiler
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate

lone dragon wrote:
Mister Sandman wrote:

In a sense this outlines how democracy is bad. Catering for the bottom of the rungs in society. Off Topic:
Homosexual marriage, the proposed legalising of drugs, Off Topic:
legal age of sex, sex ed, the list goes on.

Im going to counter the inevitable 'black argument'. Im just going to say, African Americans are NOT a minority, and I am not talking about 'race'. If you consider anyone a different race from you, you are a racist. Because presumably we are all human. Same race.
Please note 'human rights' not 'white rights' or 'back rights' or 'yellow rights' its human. And Human rights are only privileges if not extended unto one and all.

Off Topic:
How is this relevant to the drug debate?

Also that's a bit of a judgment.

How do you figure this is relevant to drug legality?

Not off topic, it is on topic, I am merely stating the only reason of this 'debate'. It is because of democracy. Democracy catering the bottom of the barrel. The ones you deem ''offtopic'' are mere examples.

Reinforcing the foolish ideals of catering laws for minority who do use ''''recreational'''''' drugs responsibly, while the majority cannot.

In simple terms, if it is abused by the many, it will be illegal. Abuse by the few, it will be legal. Perfect example is alcohol.

The only off topic would be proposed counter, because desperate people will try to link what I said to that. Hence, it was in a spoiler.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Obviously you should be smarter than to habitually use ANY drug recreationally or even non-habitually but the Government doesn't have any right to say you can't.

Of course he does! :roll:

Otherwise, I agree with JT.

As for the argument about illegalness and urban economy, don't you think that if one drug becomes legal, the drug dealer will move to another? (if they deal weed they will probably move to another "soft" drug, unless they decide to go for cocaine or heroine..)
If it's legal they will lose their source of income and thus move to another thing.

As for tobacco, I think the chemical substances in it should be made illegal, and go back to old school tobacco, just like it seems to be with authentic cuban cigars (I can be wrong of course). Which means, only sell natural tobacco cigarettes and cigars, this way I'm sure the death rate would plunge.
As for alcohol, prohibition was an epic fail, and alcohol is much more than a "simple" drug, it is also used in gastronomy, it's also a drink, unlike the others, which means that others can be easily avoided as they are neither food nor drink. (well mushrooms are food, but there are species that aren't meant to be consumed lol)

And Sandman, what do you mean with your opposoal with legal sex age? Mean we should never have sex? :?
Last edited by Cole on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Baal
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Lord Baal

I have one word for this topic. Portugal. They have legalised all drugs, and I mean all drugs there, even hard narcotics, and drug use there has actually gone down significantly.
Any kind of Blue= Host Talking

Any kind of Green= Symbiote Talking with host voice

Any kind of Purple= Symbiote talking.
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate

Cole wrote:
As for the argument about illegalness and urban economy, don't you think that if one drug becomes legal, the drug dealer will move to another? (if they deal weed they will probably move to another "soft" drug, unless they decide to go for cocaine or heroine..)
If it's legal they will lose their source of income and thus move to another thing.

Not necessary another thing with drugs. Maybe a different sort of crime? Or maybe they go on the straight? maybe? We would not know. However it isnt the dealer we should be concerned with, it is the people are at the top.

And Sandman, what do you mean with your opposoal with legal sex age? Mean we should never have sex? :?

Read in context. They have been bumping the legal age/ the age you may have sex down. I.e 12 year old can have sex with other 12 year olds ect... (totality legal) Where the legal age used to be 17-19 depending, it is down now to 16. Which is far too early for most, as they are not as mature. Ect... It is an example, that the laws are always becoming more complex and weaker.

Another thing, where does recreation stop and addiction start?

Lord Baal wrote:I have one word for this topic. Portugal. They have legalised all drugs, and I mean all drugs there, even hard narcotics, and drug use there has actually gone down significantly.

Where is this sourced? And can we look at other factors with the country?
The legalisation would generally cause little change starting with a small increase, then maybe a decrease after awhile.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate

^ Pretty much everything above is offtopic.^

However, he raises an interesting point. Most people wouldn't understand the effects of drugs to which I agree. Most do not the grander scale of damage it does to the society. Even in recreational drug use.

The real question is why do people want them to be legal? Why do people use recreational drugs? When does recreational use turn into addiction? What are the benefits and detriments of legalising these drugs? (Will it balance the budget ? )

Offtopic
The one who thinks that he was born will a fully developed body & cognitive mind and was capable of making moral & logical decisions at the age of 3months old.

I doubt anybody was born with that. If they were, they must be a pretty rad person. And Id like to meet such a person.

Now if perhaps you were referring to me, I would like you to back it up instead of creating humours and hearsay. For sledging someone name does not make you the better man. Just makes you petty. Very very petty. Then again, haters are going to hate.
Empy
Derper

Cole wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Obviously you should be smarter than to habitually use ANY drug recreationally or even non-habitually but the Government doesn't have any right to say you can't.
Of course he does! :roll:
No, he thinks he does, so he just does. He really doesn't though...

Lord Baal wrote:I have one word for this topic. Portugal. They have legalised all drugs, and I mean all drugs there, even hard narcotics, and drug use there has actually gone down significantly.
Exactly, another great point. You take away dealing drugs and you eliminate one crime that is a gateway in to much worse ones.

Mister Sandman wrote:Why is there a debate on this anyway?
Should they be legal? No.
Should they ever be legal? No.

I am not going to post a long winded post on 'morality of society' and the dangers of drugs. It isnt needed.

Presumably we know the ramifications of such drugs. These ramifications include not just personal health ramifications. I include all ramifications, social, economic, health and all these

In a sense this outlines how democracy is bad. Catering for the bottom of the rungs in society. Homosexual marriage, the proposed legalising of drugs, legal age of sex, sex ed, the list goes on.
Well I should hope you don't go in to a long-winded post on the "morality of society" because it would be rather pointless. It isn't the role of government to make laws that live our lives for us. You think something is immoral? Well that's fine but someone else might not and you can't have government telling us what our morals should be. In a sense the fact that these drugs are illegal outlines how democracy is bad. The government takes away our personal freedoms, we have a right to do what we want to OUR OWN BODY. That's what it comes to. Smoking a joint is not taking away life, liberty, or property from anyone else.

Spoiler

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”