Hole found in earths magnetosphere.

TimeGap
Forum Intermediate

Re: Hole found in earths magnetosphere.

Ye indeed Baxter, that where the "East is least, and west is best" comes from, magnetic declination its called if I remember my navigation exams correctly :D (Well the formula is for the southern hmisphere anyways)

Basically, to find true north from magnetic, when going east, suptract 14 degrees, when going west, add 14 degrees, and also I know that it is revised every year as the poles and magnetic field of earth is always shifting, in the early ages of sailing it was 12 degrees or something... This "Event" I do not beleive is something that will happen overnight, it is an ongoing process that will never stop.

I blame the shape of the earth for this, and the widening of the equator. :P

Anyways, I recon ill be a billionare before it all happens, so ill just buy a seat on one of those cool ships they are building in China :P
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

i do navigation with the army cadets, and we learn GMS (grid to magnetic - subtract) and MGA (magnetic to grid - add) for the variation. we use 'mils' instead of degrees (cos theyre more accurate - 6400 mils in a circle, as opposed to 360 degrees) and the variation on most of our maps is currently 201 mils, or 0.08845 degrees

from http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... eticfield/

...globally the magnetic field has weakened 10% since the 19th century. When this was mentioned by researchers at a recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, many newspapers carried the story. A typical headline: "Is Earth's magnetic field collapsing?"
Probably not. As remarkable as these changes sound, "they're mild compared to what Earth's magnetic field has done in the past," says University of California professor Gary Glatzmaier.

Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another? No one knows.
Earth's present-day magnetic field is, in fact, much stronger than normal. The dipole moment, a measure of the intensity of the magnetic field, is now 8 × 1022 amps × m2. That's twice the million-year average of 4× 1022 amps × m2.
Using the equations of magnetohydrodynamics, a branch of physics dealing with conducting fluids and magnetic fields, Glatzmaier and colleague Paul Roberts have created a supercomputer model of Earth's interior. Their software heats the inner core, stirs the metallic ocean above it, then calculates the resulting magnetic field. They run their code for hundreds of thousands of simulated years and watch what happens.

What they see mimics the real Earth: The magnetic field waxes and wanes, poles drift and, occasionally, flip. Change is normal, they've learned.

NASA never fails...
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Change is indeed the norm for this planet, but TPTB would have us believe the planet has always been the way it is today and nothing EVER changes and that any change should be met with a CO2 tax to maintain the status quo :-$

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

-David Icke
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

[KMA]Avenger wrote:An eye opening article!
http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lookin ... field.html

similar article lol
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I posted them both so peeps can see it's not just some crazy fox gibberish.

No other thoughts???? :?

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

OH NO! i didnt post them in support of my OP, i merely posted them as it is relevant to the current topic instead of starting another thread....

My bad, i should have said that at time of posting the links :oops:

-David Icke

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”