mods sticking to one name

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: mods sticking to one name

I've never had any trouble figuring out who's who. I don't think it really matters.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

The people who do it every five minutes do piss me off, to be honest, but it's still their right. It makes them idiots, not bad moderators.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Mordack wrote:The people who do it every five minutes do piss me off, to be honest, but it's still their right. It makes them idiots, not bad moderators.

I'd have to reinforce that point actually.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Kikaz wrote:[spoiler]Really fail to see the problem anyone can change their forum name.. and it's not very hard to find out who someone is.. =/[/spoiler]

Your opinion is invalid because no one cares what you think.
Ra wrote:[spoiler]Not much of an issue as any action taken by a mod is still there, regardless of name. That and you can still readily determine which section is theirs..

Really nothing is needed outside this list once updated..

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=98591[/spoiler]

You're a mod, your opinion doesn't matter.
The Joker wrote:[spoiler]Some men aren't looking for anything logical.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.[/spoiler]

You're ugly, opinion invalidated.
Juliette wrote:[spoiler]This is a non-issue. When a mod wants to change their name, they should. When anyone, for that matter, wants to change their name, they should.

All their earlier messages, posts and threads carry their new name, pointing out to you exactly who they are at every point.
But I'll agree, they *could* give notice when changing their name.. that is, however, their choice. Not their obligation.[/spoiler]

Former mod, sleeping/slept with several mods and administrator. Your opinion is worth about as much as a pile of sand in the Sahara.
Z E R O wrote:[spoiler]I've never had any trouble figuring out who's who. I don't think it really matters.[/spoiler]

Former mod, stupid name. Your opinion is useless.
Mordack wrote:[spoiler]The people who do it every five minutes do piss me off, to be honest, but it's still their right. It makes them idiots, not bad moderators.[/spoiler]

*gives Mordack a big long hug*

Also your opinion is irrelevant, you're purple.
Semper wrote:[spoiler]
Mordack wrote:The people who do it every five minutes do piss me off, to be honest, but it's still their right. It makes them idiots, not bad moderators.

I'd have to reinforce that point actually.[/spoiler]

You have a fetish for the second greatest doctor. Clearly your reasoning skills are faulty, as you settle for second best. Therefore I regret to inform you that you have an invalid opinion.

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:I actually agree to an extent .. take Empy and SS for example both GM(so both green) both in leaf village...as I don't have siggies allowed it does make it confusing as to who is posting what.

think of your mod colours as your work uniform, while wearing that use your known name...afterall you are free to have many forum multies use those for whatever name you wish to use.

Finally! We have an opinion made of pure solid gold! Clearly Femme Fatale is the smartest user to join the forums, all must listen to her opinion. Mods shall not change their names!
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Jack + BJ's post= Lulz.

But i see where you are coming from... but it only gets annoying if people change their sigs and avatars at the same time. When that happens it usually takes a whole minute to figure out who it is.

SS's point about keeping your other names in "Alternative names" might be useful if people really cant keep track...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[BoT] Jack wrote:
Kikaz wrote:[spoiler]Really fail to see the problem anyone can change their forum name.. and it's not very hard to find out who someone is.. =/[/spoiler]

Ra wrote:[spoiler]Not much of an issue as any action taken by a mod is still there, regardless of name. That and you can still readily determine which section is theirs..

Juliette wrote:[spoiler]This is a non-issue. When a mod wants to change their name, they should. When anyone, for that matter, wants to change their name, they should.

All their earlier messages, posts and threads carry their new name, pointing out to you exactly who they are at every point.
But I'll agree, they *could* give notice when changing their name.. that is, however, their choice. Not their obligation.[/spoiler]

Former mod, sleeping/slept with several mods and administrator. Your opinion is worth about as much as a pile of sand in the Sahara.
Z E R O wrote:[spoiler]I've never had any trouble figuring out who's who. I don't think it really matters.[/spoiler]

Mordack wrote:[spoiler]The people who do it every five minutes do piss me off, to be honest, but it's still their right. It makes them idiots, not bad moderators.[/spoiler]

You have a fetish for the second greatest doctor. Clearly your reasoning skills are faulty, as you settle for second best. Therefore I regret to inform you that you have an invalid opinion.

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:I actually agree to an extent .. take Empy and SS for example both GM(so both green) both in leaf village...as I don't have siggies allowed it does make it confusing as to who is posting what.

think of your mod colours as your work uniform, while wearing that use your known name...afterall you are free to have many forum multies use those for whatever name you wish to use.

Finally! We have an opinion made of pure solid gold! Clearly Femme Fatale is the smartest user to join the forums, all must listen to her opinion. Mods shall not change their names!
Your opinion doesn't count. You're black. (And clearly delusional..)

(Thanks for sparing me your scathing sarcasm, Wacko. I appreciate it.)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Juliette wrote:[spoiler2=Jack]
[BoT] Jack wrote:

[/spoiler2] Your opinion doesn't count. You're black. (And clearly delusional..)

(Thanks for sparing me your scathing sarcasm, Wacko. I appreciate it.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm starving. I think I am going to go grab me a big bucket of fried chicken. :-k
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Amplius
Wolfbait
Alternate name(s): Amplius

Thanks for tadays amusment. Let me know if this turns into a serious topic.

And yes I am a mod, but I am also the only pink one. So people should be able to find me even if I do change my name.

And Jack, you are black and I will give you a kiss next time I see you...
~King Pimp~
Forum Newbie
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Horny Bunch
ID: 1903732

Amplius wrote:Thanks for tadays amusment. Let me know if this turns into a serious topic.

And yes I am a mod, but I am also the only pink one. So people should be able to find me even if I do change my name.

And Jack, you are black and I will give you a kiss next time I see you...

=D> =D> =D>

Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): jix

Tetrismonkey wrote:Why can't Mods change there names? Is it there fault you lack the intelligence to find out (and there are plenty of ways) who they are or what there position is?

:roll:

would you say i lack intelligence?

i just think people in some form of power should stick to one name, but i guess i'm intellectually inferior to most mods and posters in this topic
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Tetrismonkey wrote:Why can't Mods change there names? Is it there fault you lack the intelligence to find out (and there are plenty of ways) who they are or what there position is?

:roll:

would you say i lack intelligence?

i just think people in some form of power should stick to one name, but i guess i'm intellectually inferior to most mods and posters in this topic
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

just a thought would you prefer that Admin, Golobal Mods and Mods have 2 accounts
one that indicates their position and area and number (for logging issuses) IE Market Mod 711 for modding purposes only

it's sort of like saying well i want every person to have the exact name as in-game and i want their main ID on their account too aswell as their ascended ID and name
it's just not going to happen
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Rabbid Thom wrote:just a thought would you prefer that Admin, Golobal Mods and Mods have 2 accounts
one that indicates their position and area and number (for logging issuses) IE Market Mod 711 for modding purposes only

it's sort of like saying well i want every person to have the exact name as in-game and i want their main ID on their account too aswell as their ascended ID and name
it's just not going to happen

admin = admin
mods = whatever they want

i dnt want there ingame id and if i wanted it i'm pretty sure i could get it. all i was asking that players/people with power over this forum stick to one name i dont care what they do ingame
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Connor MacManus wrote:Why are you so hell bent on your belief that we should keep our names what they are?

Does it matter what they are if you need to approach a mod about an issue somewhere?

If there's a specific reason, IE you were warned by a mod, their name is on the warning, no matter what it's changed to, if it has been changed.
why are you so hell bent on your belief that mods (ie you) cant change when ever they like?

if you DR(doctor) went from
DR.chung to
DR.ross
DR.smith
DR.ward
DR.johnston

or whatever,people in a position of power should for the communities sake stick to one name.
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Connor MacManus wrote:But we can change when we want to oO..
you would say that your a mod/admin
Connor MacManus wrote:Personally, I have no problem if my doctor changed his/her name, the secretary working there would know who I would be asking for/talking about anyways.

wat if the secretary did'nt know either?

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”