Sparing a thought for the catasrophe...

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: Sparing a thought for the catasrophe...

Well, its good to see you posting in this section again :-)

On topic, i dunno mate, this looks pretty serious to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMAIC6ZGBZY

I don't see how the containment vessel (and indeed the other reactors on site as well) can withstand such an explosion.

Aussie press is reporting that the Japanese Govt has a long history of 1 not telling the whole truth (you could say that about all Govts i spose) in order not to lose "face". and 2, that they have had quite a few problems with their nuclear power plants which have also not been reported.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... ion=justin

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... uke14.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVCWGc173ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70jpw_LT-Q

Personally, i hope you're right, no one wants to see this get out of hand, but i fear the worst is going on there :(

http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/201103 ... nese-plant

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

I never got this pathetic stuff some poeople are inclined to... "spare a thought, hearts goes out, prayers are with you"...
Yea, tnx for nada, hope your pitty selftherapthy makes you feel better cos for me as a recipient it does diddly squat. :razz:

On a more serious note...

Kinda ironic that after a mag 9 quake and a tsunami the thing that`s causing the problem is an active coolent failure.

Modern plants have passive safety systems implemented that would prolly have prevented the steam explosions and ensuing problems.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Brdavs wrote:I never got this pathetic stuff some poeople are inclined to... "spare a thought, hearts goes out, prayers are with you"...
Yea, tnx for nada, hope your pitty selftherapthy makes you feel better cos for me as a recipient it does diddly squat. :razz:

Feeling better now are we?! :roll:

On a more serious note:
[spoiler]Japan's nuclear crisis growing
Full or partial meltdowns possible at some reactors; radioactive steam releases might go on for months
Monday, March 14, 2011 02:54 AM
By Steven Mufson
The Washington Post
An official scans a man and a child for radiation at an emergency center in Koriyama, Japan.
Gregory Bull | Associated Press
An official scans a man and a child for radiation at an emergency center in Koriyama, Japan.

A satellite photo taken Saturday shows F-ukushima, Japan, where officials were battling the threat of multiple reactor meltdowns and more than 180,000 people have been evacuated.
GeoEye |

A second hydrogen explosion rocked Japan's seaside F ukushima Daiichi nuclear complex today, this time destroying an outer building at unit 3 and injuring six workers. But officials asserted that the containment structures of the 37-year-old reactor survived.

It was not immediately clear how much - if any - radiation had been released.

Japanese officials had warned earlier in the weekend that an explosion was possible as the plant's owner, Tokyo Electric Power Co., fought to regain control of the reactor, whose normal cooling system was disrupted by Friday's earthquake and subsequent power outages.

Like the Saturday explosion at unit 1, this blast took place after a build-up of hydrogen was vented by the reactor. The hydrogen was most likely produced by the exposure of the reactor's fuel rods to hot steam.

In normal conditions, the fuel rods would be covered and cooled by water.

The explosion took place as Tokyo Electric entered Day 4 of its battle against a cascade of failures at its two F ukushima nuclear complexes, using fire pumps to inject tens of thousands of gallons of seawater into two reactors to contain partial meltdowns of ultrahot fuel rods.

The tactic produced high pressures and vapors that the company vented into its containment structures and then into the air, raising concerns about radioactivity levels in the surrounding area where 180,000 people already have been evacuated.

The radioactive releases of steam from the plants could go on for months.

But the limited vapor emissions were seen as far less dire than a partial or complete meltdown in the two reactors at the F ukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station that would occur if the rods blazed their way through the reactor's layers of steel and concrete walls.

The nuclear crisis played out as nearly 1,600 people were confirmed dead and thousands more were missing after Friday's earthquake and resulting tsunami, according to officials.

The International Atomic Energy Agency noted that forecasts said winds would be blowing to the northeast, away from the Japanese coast, over the next three days. But shifts in the wind could blow radioactive materials toward Japanese cities rather than out to sea.

A state of emergency was declared briefly at another nuclear plant called Onagawa after elevated radioactivity levels were detected there. Later Japanese authorities blamed the measurement on radioactive material that had drifted from the F ukushima plant more than 75 miles away.

While Tokyo Electric said it also continued to deal with cooling-system failures and high pressures at half a dozen of its 10 reactors in the two F ukushima complexes, fears mounted about the threat posed by the pools of water where years of spent fuel rods are stored.

At the 40-year-old F ukushima Daiichi unit 1, where an explosion Saturday destroyed a building housing the reactor, the spent fuel pool, in accordance with General Electrics design, is placed above the reactor. Tokyo Electric said that it was trying to figure out how to maintain water levels in the pools, indicating that the normal safety systems there had failed, too.

Failure to keep adequate water levels in a pool would lead to a catastrophic fire, said nuclear experts, some of whom believe that unit 1's pool may now be outside.

"That would be like Chernobyl on steroids," said Arnie Gundersen, a nuclear engineer at Fairewinds Associates Inc. and a member of the public oversight panel for the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant, which is identical to the F ukushima Daiichi unit 1.

Gundersen said the unit 1 pool could have as much as 20 years of spent fuel rods, which are still radioactive.

At F ukushima Daiichi unit 3, Tokyo Electric said the government ordered a halt to the pumping of seawater for a time as pressures and hydrogen levels rose in the containment structure.

Last year, unit 3 began using some reprocessed fuel known as "mox," a mixture of plutonium oxide and uranium oxide, produced from recycled material from nuclear weapons as part of a program known as "from megatons to megawatts." Anti-nuclear activists have called mox more unsafe than enriched uranium. If it escapes the reactor, plutonium even in small quantities can have much graver consequences on human health and the local environment for countless years, much longer than other radioactive materials.

The Kyodo news agency cited Tokyo Electric as saying that more than three yards of a mox nuclear-fuel rod had been left above the water level.

Unit 3, once capable of generating 784 megawatts of power, is substantially bigger than unit 1, which generated about 460 megawatts.

Though F ukushima Daiichi units 1 and 3 posed the gravest dangers for now, Tokyo Electric said it was still working on its other units. At **Filtered** Daiichi unit 2, cooling-water levels were lower than normal but stable, the company said.

Tokyo Electric also said it had released vapors with some radioactive materials at all four of the reactors at its second F ukushima complex - F ukushima Daini - on Saturday. After injecting water into the reactors, the company said that water levels were stable and shutdowns complete or in progress. Nonetheless, Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said today that F ukushima Daini units 1, 2 and 4 are in a state of nuclear emergency.

The Pentagon, meanwhile, was expected to announce that the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan passed through a radioactive cloud from the stricken nuclear reactors, causing crew members on deck to receive a month's worth of radiation in about an hour. There was no indication they suffered ill effects.

Pentagon officials reported yesterday that helicopters flying 60 miles from a nuclear plant picked up small amounts of radioactive particulates - still being analysed, but presumed to include Cesium-137 and Iodine-121..

Information from the Associated Press and The New York Times was included in this story.[/spoiler]

1 question about all this keeps popping into my head. with the explosions and highly unstable situation in some of the reactors and plants, is there anyone at the controls? i mean, who the hell would stay in or go into a reactor that has obviously melted down or partially melted down, do they have superman down there??

The more reports i read and the more i listen to the experts the more i am convinced of 2 things, 1, these plants are not as well constructed as we are being led to believe, and 2 some of the locations these plants are built on must have been chosen by a mad man because so many of them have been built on or near fault lines :shock: :?

-David Icke
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Brdavs wrote:I never got this pathetic stuff some poeople are inclined to... "spare a thought, hearts goes out, prayers are with you"...

Feeling better now are we?! :roll:

Fret not, you`re in my thoughts. I think you`re paranoid kermit. The nation also prays you get some common sense every eve. We`re with you. Stand firm.

[KMA]Avenger wrote:On a more serious note:
[spoiler]Japan's nuclear crisis growing
Full or partial meltdowns possible at some reactors; radioactive steam releases might go on for months
Monday, March 14, 2011 02:54 AM
By Steven Mufson
The Washington Post
Gregory Bull | Associated Press

A satellite photo taken Saturday shows F-ukushima, Japan, where officials were battling the threat of multiple reactor meltdowns and more than 180,000 people have been evacuated.
GeoEye |

A second hydrogen explosion rocked Japan's seaside F ukushima Daiichi nuclear complex today, this time destroying an outer building at unit 3 and injuring six workers. But officials asserted that the containment structures of the 37-year-old reactor survived.

It was not immediately clear how much - if any - radiation had been released.

Japanese officials had warned earlier in the weekend that an explosion was possible as the plant's owner, Tokyo Electric Power Co., fought to regain control of the reactor, whose normal cooling system was disrupted by Friday's earthquake and subsequent power outages.

Like the Saturday explosion at unit 1, this blast took place after a build-up of hydrogen was vented by the reactor. The hydrogen was most likely produced by the exposure of the reactor's fuel rods to hot steam.

In normal conditions, the fuel rods would be covered and cooled by water.

The explosion took place as Tokyo Electric entered Day 4 of its battle against a cascade of failures at its two F ukushima nuclear complexes, using fire pumps to inject tens of thousands of gallons of seawater into two reactors to contain partial meltdowns of ultrahot fuel rods.

The tactic produced high pressures and vapors that the company vented into its containment structures and then into the air, raising concerns about radioactivity levels in the surrounding area where 180,000 people already have been evacuated.

The radioactive releases of steam from the plants could go on for months.

But the limited vapor emissions were seen as far less dire than a partial or complete meltdown in the two reactors at the F ukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station that would occur if the rods blazed their way through the reactor's layers of steel and concrete walls.

The nuclear crisis played out as nearly 1,600 people were confirmed dead and thousands more were missing after Friday's earthquake and resulting tsunami, according to officials.

The International Atomic Energy Agency noted that forecasts said winds would be blowing to the northeast, away from the Japanese coast, over the next three days. But shifts in the wind could blow radioactive materials toward Japanese cities rather than out to sea.

A state of emergency was declared briefly at another nuclear plant called Onagawa after elevated radioactivity levels were detected there. Later Japanese authorities blamed the measurement on radioactive material that had drifted from the F ukushima plant more than 75 miles away.

While Tokyo Electric said it also continued to deal with cooling-system failures and high pressures at half a dozen of its 10 reactors in the two F ukushima complexes, fears mounted about the threat posed by the pools of water where years of spent fuel rods are stored.

At the 40-year-old F ukushima Daiichi unit 1, where an explosion Saturday destroyed a building housing the reactor, the spent fuel pool, in accordance with General Electrics design, is placed above the reactor. Tokyo Electric said that it was trying to figure out how to maintain water levels in the pools, indicating that the normal safety systems there had failed, too.

Failure to keep adequate water levels in a pool would lead to a catastrophic fire, said nuclear experts, some of whom believe that unit 1's pool may now be outside.

"That would be like Chernobyl on steroids," said Arnie Gundersen, a nuclear engineer at Fairewinds Associates Inc. and a member of the public oversight panel for the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant, which is identical to the F ukushima Daiichi unit 1.

Gundersen said the unit 1 pool could have as much as 20 years of spent fuel rods, which are still radioactive.

At F ukushima Daiichi unit 3, Tokyo Electric said the government ordered a halt to the pumping of seawater for a time as pressures and hydrogen levels rose in the containment structure.

Last year, unit 3 began using some reprocessed fuel known as "mox," a mixture of plutonium oxide and uranium oxide, produced from recycled material from nuclear weapons as part of a program known as "from megatons to megawatts." Anti-nuclear activists have called mox more unsafe than enriched uranium. If it escapes the reactor, plutonium even in small quantities can have much graver consequences on human health and the local environment for countless years, much longer than other radioactive materials.

The Kyodo news agency cited Tokyo Electric as saying that more than three yards of a mox nuclear-fuel rod had been left above the water level.

Unit 3, once capable of generating 784 megawatts of power, is substantially bigger than unit 1, which generated about 460 megawatts.

Though F ukushima Daiichi units 1 and 3 posed the gravest dangers for now, Tokyo Electric said it was still working on its other units. At **Filtered** Daiichi unit 2, cooling-water levels were lower than normal but stable, the company said.

Tokyo Electric also said it had released vapors with some radioactive materials at all four of the reactors at its second F ukushima complex - F ukushima Daini - on Saturday. After injecting water into the reactors, the company said that water levels were stable and shutdowns complete or in progress. Nonetheless, Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said today that F ukushima Daini units 1, 2 and 4 are in a state of nuclear emergency.

The Pentagon, meanwhile, was expected to announce that the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan passed through a radioactive cloud from the stricken nuclear reactors, causing crew members on deck to receive a month's worth of radiation in about an hour. There was no indication they suffered ill effects.

Pentagon officials reported yesterday that helicopters flying 60 miles from a nuclear plant picked up small amounts of radioactive particulates - still being analysed, but presumed to include Cesium-137 and Iodine-121..

Information from the Associated Press and The New York Times was included in this story.[/spoiler]

1 question about all this keeps popping into my head. with the explosions and highly unstable situation in some of the reactors and plants, is there anyone at the controls? i mean, who the hell would stay in or go into a reactor that has obviously melted down or partially melted down, do they have superman down there??

The more reports i read and the more i listen to the experts the more i am convinced of 2 things, 1, these plants are not as well constructed as we are being led to believe, and 2 some of the locations these plants are built on must have been chosen by a mad man because so many of them have been built on or near fault lines :shock: :?

Control buildings arent exactly in the same room as the reactor. And even in Chernobil people went in and gathered materials etc. I mean you`re close to the melodramatics, picture some corageus giants among men volunteering to prevent armageddon, that run on the power of your cheesy wishes and sustained thoughts. :razz:

And in the last paragraph you have a relapse of paranoia muppetry... And I fedexed my heart even lol...
Withstanding a lvl 9quake and tsunamis as (relativly well), I`d say these things are built quite sturdily. As to why they build them on fault lines... well probably cos Japan doesnt exactly have anywhere far away from them to put them & they have zero in terms of natural resources so going nuclear is kinda the only serious alternative they ever had.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Actually, they have built this same plant design (which KF already mentioned is some 40/50 years old) on other fault lines in the US and god knows where else. so i wasn't singling out Japan, my bad if i wasn't clear on that point.

As for my-as you put it "melodramatics", we all know what happened to those brave souls who worked so hard to contain the meltdown at Chernobyl. And yes, i know the control rooms are not inside the reactor core, but still, there is only so much that can be done from the control room, especially if there is damage to the reactor vessel and containment.

I'm not trying to say that a Chernobyl event is what's going on here or that's what's going to happen at F-ukushima, but lets face the facts here, Chernobyl only blew the top of the core off and subsequently blew a whole in the top of the building...you see the links for the explosions at F-ukushima i posted above, what do you think is going on there??

Just gets better and better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPAhSY_ ... re=related

-David Icke
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

I had a funny thought the other day. That is one of the plants have a meltdown and blow up for reals, that in it will Japan's 3rd time being nuked in less than 75 years. 8-[ 8-[
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Where are you getting your info from? I'd like to see the source please because all the nuke experts i've listened to completely disagree. There's also this....

"The US has moved one of its aircraft carriers from the area after detecting low-level radiation 160km (100 miles) offshore."

At best there has been a partial leak, worst case...well...we can all use our imaginations for that one.

Edit:

The containment vessel at the embattled No 2 reactor at the F-ukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has apparently been breached, according to the Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), which runs the earthquake-stricken facility.

Source: http://www.bellona.org/articles/article ... ent_breach

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world- ... 29928.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... plant.html

http://dailyherald.com/article/20110314/news/110319798/

http://foreclosureblues.wordpress.com/2 ... %E2%80%9D/

So, the expended fuel rods are kept in pools Above the reactor cores not inside the containment vessels...any guesses where those rods are now after the building housing them was demolished!?!

hmmm...for some reason that last link wont work but the page is available as a search on google :?

Search for "Nuke Engineer: Fuel Rod Fire at F ukushima Reactor “Would Be Like Chernobyl on Steroids”

:shock:

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I get what you are saying about the actual containment vessel, but that's not what the experts and the Japanese leadership are saying is going on. 40 years of spent fuel rods (which includes the more lethal Plutonium) amounts to 600.000 fuel rods which are still HIGHLY radioactive and are outside of the containment vessel. forgetting what the experts are saying...that's not as bad as Chernobyl? (i'll use Chernobyl as a gauge since nuclear "events" are gauged 1 to 7, with 3 mile island being a 5-i think- and Chernobyl a 7)

Which sources are you sighting, i'd like to take a look and compare them to those sources i have posted above.

Thanks!

-David Icke
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

If Chernobyl is a 7, why is three mile island a 5? It would seem this gauge is more of a DEFCON state than something like a Richter or Fujita scale.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[BoT] Jack wrote:If Chernobyl is a 7, why is three mile island a 5? It would seem this gauge is more of a DEFCON state than something like a Richter or Fujita scale.
(Citing Wikipedia, original source IAEA)

The level on the scale is determined by the highest of three scores: off-site effects, on-site effects, and defence in depth degradation.
Level 7: Major accident
Impact on People and Environment
- Major release of radio­active ­material with widespread health and environmental effects r­equiring implementation of planned and extended ­countermeasures

* Chernobyl disaster, 26 April 1986. A power surge during a test procedure resulted in a criticality accident, leading to a powerful steam explosion and fire that released a significant fraction of core material into the environment, resulting in a death toll of 56 as well as estimated 4,000 additional cancer fatalities among people exposed to elevated doses of radiation. As a result, the city of Chernobyl (pop. 14,000) was largely abandoned, the larger city of Pripyat (pop. 49,400) was completely abandoned, and a 30km exclusion zone was established. The Chernobyl disaster is the only Level 7 Event that has ever occurred.

Level 6: Serious accident
- Significant release of radioactive material likely to require implementation of planned countermeasures.

Example
* Kyshtym disaster at Mayak, Soviet Union, 29 September 1957. A failed cooling system at a military nuclear waste reprocessing facility caused a steam explosion that released 70–80 tons of highly radioactive material into the environment. Impact on local population is not fully known.

Level 5: Accident with wider consequences
- Limited release of radioactive ­material likely to require i­mplementation of some planned­ countermeasures.
- Several deaths from ­radiation.
Impact on Radiological Barriers and Control
- Severe damage to reactor core.
- Release of large quantities of radioactive material within an installation with a high probability of significant public exposure. This could arise from a major criticality accident or fire.

Examples:
* Windscale fire (United Kingdom), 10 October 1957. Annealing of graphite moderator at a military air-cooled reactor caused the graphite and the metallic uranium fuel to catch fire, releasing radioactive pile material as dust into the environment.
* Three Mile Island accident near Harrisburg, PA (United States), 28 March 1979. A combination of design and operator errors caused a gradual loss of coolant, leading to a partial meltdown. Radioactive gases were released into the atmosphere.
* First Chalk River Accident,[citation needed] Chalk River, Ontario (Canada), 12 December 1952. Reactor core damaged.
* Goiânia accident (Brazil), 13 September 1987. An unsecured caesium chloride radiation source left in an abandoned hospital was recovered by scavenger thieves unaware of its nature and sold at a scrapyard. 249 people were contaminated and 4 died.

Level 4: Accident with local consequences
Impact on People and the Environment
- Minor release of radioactive material unlikely to result in implementation of planned countermeasures other than local food controls.
- At least one death from radiation.

- Fuel melt or damage to fuel ­resulting in more than 0.1% release of core inventory.
- Release of significant quantities of radioactive material within an installation with a high ­probability of significant public exposure.

Examples:
* Sellafield (United Kingdom) – 5 incidents 1955 to 1979
* SL-1 Experimental Power Station (United States) – 1961, reactor reached prompt criticality, killing three operators.
* Saint-Laurent Nuclear Power Plant (France) – 1980, partial core meltdown.
* Buenos Aires (Argentina) – 1983, criticality accident during fuel rod rearrangement killed one operator and injured 2 others.
* Jaslovské Bohunice (Czechoslovakia) – 1977, contamination of reactor building.
* Tokaimura nuclear accident (Japan) – 1999, three inexperienced operators at a reprocessing facility caused a criticality accident; two of them died.

Level 3: Serious incident
- Exposure in excess of ten times the statutory annual limit for workers.
- Non-lethal deterministic health effect (e.g., burns) from radiation.

- Exposure rates of more than 1 Sv/h in an operating area.
- Severe contamination in an area not expected by design, with a low probability of ­significant public exposure.

Impact on Defence-in-Depth
- Near accident at a nuclear power plant with no safety provisions remaining.
- Lost or stolen highly radioactive sealed source.
- Misdelivered highly radioactive sealed source without adequate procedures in place to handle it.

Examples:
* THORP plant Sellafield (United Kingdom) – 2005.
* Paks Nuclear Power Plant (Hungary), 2003; fuel rod damage in cleaning tank.
* Vandellos Nuclear Power Plant (Spain), 1989; fire destroyed many control systems; the reactor was shut down.

Level 2: Incident
- Exposure of a member of the public in excess of 10 mSv.
- Exposure of a worker in excess of the statutory annual limits.

- Radiation levels in an operating area of more than 50 mSv/h.
- Significant contamination within the facility into an area not expected by design.

- Significant failures in safety ­provisions but with no actual ­consequences.
- Found highly radioactive sealed orphan source, device or transport package with safety provisions intact.
- Inadequate packaging of a highly radioactive sealed source.

Examples:
* Ascó Nuclear Power Plant (Spain) April 2008; radioactive contamination.
* Forsmark Nuclear Power Plant (Sweden) July 2006; backup generator failure.

Level 1: Anomaly
- Overexposure of a member of the public in excess of statutory ­annual limits.
- Minor problems with safety components with significant defence-in-depth remaining.
- Low activity lost or stolen radioactive source, device or transport package.

(Arrangements for reporting minor events to the public differ from country to country. It is difficult to ensure precise consistency in rating events between INES Level-1 and Below scale/Level-0)

Examples:
* Gravelines (Nord, France), 8 August 2009; during the annual fuel bundle exchange in reactor #1, a fuel bundle snagged on to the internal structure. Operations were stopped, the reactor building was evacuated and isolated in accordance with operating procedures.
* TNPC (Drôme, France), July 2008; leak of 6,000 litres (1,300 imp gal; 1,600 US gal) of water containing 75 kilograms (170 lb) of uranium into the environment.

Level 0: Deviation
No safety significance.

Examples:
* 4 June 2008: Krško, Slovenia: Leakage from the primary cooling circuit.
* 17 December 2006, Atucha, Argentina: Reactor shutdown due to tritium increase in reactor compartment.
* 13 February 2006: Fire in Nuclear Waste Volume Reduction Facilities of the Japanese Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) in Tokaimura.

Out of Scale
There are also events of no safety relevance, characterized as "out of scale".

Examples:
* 17 November 2002, Natural Uranium Oxide Fuel Plant at the Nuclear Fuel Complex in Hyderabad, India: A chemical explosion at a fuel fabrication facility.
* 29 September 1999: H.B. Robinson, United States: A tornado sighting within the protected area of the nuclear power plant (NPP).
* 5 March 1999: San Onofre, United States: Discovery of suspicious item in nuclear power plant.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Juliet my dear, you say i have a "big brain" and yet it would NEVER had occurred to me to go and fetch the scale that is used, i would simply have double checked if i was correct in quoting 3 mile island as a level 5 nuclear event #-o

Thanks for the assist btw :smt060

-David Icke
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I see.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”