How fast should it be possible to descend someone?

Suggest any improvements

How fast should it be possible to descend someone?

<5 hours
23%
<7.5 hours
3%
<9 hours
5%
<10 hours
5%
<12 Hours
40%
<15 Hours
10%
<18 Hours
5%
<24 hours
3%
>24 hours
8%

Total votes: 40
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Re: How fast should it be possible to descend someone?

between 12 and 24, like the minumum and maximum, when the last hit done in 24 hour period will take all and descend account.
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon
ID: 0

Robe wrote:I voted 12 hours as the bare minimum.

If you have built decent personal defences it should take longer.

i agree to full extent

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

i don't know on this TBH you basically asking admin to recalibrate the whole system again

for 12 hours
so he'd have to change it back to 3 hours between hits and then you can only do a max of 1/3rd of their life force
makes me almost undeascendable
Last edited by Rabbid Thom on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

This topic should be closed, because I don't think the admin will change the rule of 3h again. :D
If he does, I will see a lot of players that use $$ vanish from SGW. :D And I doubt that he will want that. ;)
Anyway the disrespect that he show to us, make a statement very well: It's my game, My rule... so who cares what you want, as long as I can do it. :smt117
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:why is it people are okay with giving defender a 10+ hour window to protect themselves cause of RL, but at the same coin say to bad so sad to the attack, HYPOCRITES!

Simple, because it is attack and defense. Attackers choose to do so, Defenders are forced to.

Multiple attackers can work to descend the same person at the same time, such as shifts, so that no one person is actively working on descending said person. You are in TL now from your tags, ask them how they did Duderanch if you need to learn about this. Attackers also have the element of surprise and know exactly when they have to either make the next hit or find someone to do the next hit.

Defenders are the sole owner of the account, unless we start to allow multis, there is no one there to save them. By this reason, and this reason alone, everyone needs at least 12 hours to not be possible to descend, no matter how bad their account is. Defenders always have to watch their account to make sure they aren't getting descended.

Because of all this, it is not hypocritical at all, in fact it makes logical sense that because of those who are able to do both and the time requirements, defenders should be able to stop a descension easily and it should take a significant effort to descend even the worst account.

With that said, I believe it should be 12 hours minimum to descend.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I picked 9 but meant to pick 12..12 works for the majority working class.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

BMMJ13 wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:why is it people are okay with giving defender a 10+ hour window to protect themselves cause of RL, but at the same coin say to bad so sad to the attack, HYPOCRITES!

Simple, because it is attack and defense. Attackers choose to do so, Defenders are forced to.

Multiple attackers can work to descend the same person at the same time, such as shifts, so that no one person is actively working on descending said person. You are in TL now from your tags, ask them how they did Duderanch if you need to learn about this. Attackers also have the element of surprise and know exactly when they have to either make the next hit or find someone to do the next hit.

Defenders are the sole owner of the account, unless we start to allow multis, there is no one there to save them. By this reason, and this reason alone, everyone needs at least 12 hours to not be possible to descend, no matter how bad their account is. Defenders always have to watch their account to make sure they aren't getting descended.

Because of all this, it is not hypocritical at all, in fact it makes logical sense that because of those who are able to do both and the time requirements, defenders should be able to stop a descension easily and it should take a significant effort to descend even the worst account.

Defenders and attackers both have real lives. Being in an alliance has its benefits. Guess lone wolves just will have to put up with having to sacrifice loads of their time in order to seek reprisal. Also You can defend your alliance mates by simply hitting them and you and them are incappable of being assualted for 3 hours, you can then refill and grant yourself and additional 3 hours window. Plus you can find the time left by trying to direct assualt and get the time left for next hit.
You also choose to login or not to :-$
You already have a 9 hour handicap :-k
You can easily achieve 12 hours+ with little effort. In fact it would take more effort to get a high enough ToC to be able to do any significant damage, then it would be to raise your defenses. Thus to suggest 12 hours minimum is asinine. 8 hours minimum is far more realistic.
Last edited by Iƒrit on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
renegadze
Forum Elite

BMMJ13 wrote:

Maybe we should link the time it takes to descend someone to their defence in main.....e.g for every 5tril defence you have in main it +1 hour to descension.

so a defenceless account with rubbish ascended stats, could be descended in 8 hours
then for every 5 tril def you have in main it adds +1 hour to that time, upto a maximum of 12.

To take any longer then 12 hours, you'd need some defence levels on ascended.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Something tells me that this is not possible...

Surprisingly, I agree with BMMJ. The 12 hours are just fine, if you have a proper TOC, you can do a 12-hour-long ride alone. Only if you really want to...

Considering that average TOCs are now 2-2.5B, defenders are in a serious danger (well, most of them. Almost everyone are descendable (even I am), so defenders some sort "handicap", for the reasons BMMJ has already states.

I say, 12 hours for active accounts, less for inactive ones (see the other thread for details).

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:

Defenders and attackers both have real lives. Being in an alliance has its benefits. Guess lone wolves just will have to put up with having to sacrifice loads of their time in order to seek reprisal. Also You can defend your alliance mates by simply hitting them and you and them are incappable of being assualted for 3 hours, you can then refill and grant yourself and additional 3 hours window. Plus you can find the time left by trying to direct assualt and get the time left for next hit.
You also choose to login or not to :-$
You already have a 9 hour handicap :-k
You can easily achieve 12 hours+ with little effort. In fact it would take more effort to get a high enough ToC to be able to do any significant damage, then it would be to raise your defenses. Thus to suggest 12 hours minimum is asinine. 8 hours minimum is far more realistic.

Yes, lone wolfs would get slightly screwed with a 12 hour minimum. However, I'd rather an attacker for decension be screwed, than a defender for decension. As some have said, some people may not be at the computer within a 9 hour amount of time for many days a week, making 8 hours minimum. While someone in an alliance can use others to make them defend longer, defenders need to be ok as a lone wolf.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

BMMJ13 wrote:
You are in TL now from your tags, ask them how they did Duderanch if you need to learn about this. Attackers also have the element of surprise and know exactly when they have to either make the next hit or find someone to do the next hit.
I am not sure that DR is a good example for extending the time it takes to descend a player since it took 64 hours ;)
Rabbid Thom wrote:i don't know on this TBH you basically asking admin to recalibrate the whole system again
for 12 hours
so he'd have to change it back to 3 hours between hits and then you can only do a max of 1/3rd of their life force
makes me almost undeascendable
Admin Jason has updated this - only 1/3rd damage to LF is possible now.
Ascended Updates 2011 wrote:Considering doubling ToC moving the time between ascended on ascended attacks back to 3 hours.

Colos wrote:I say, 12 hours for active accounts, less for inactive ones (see the other thread for details).
I am not sure why it would be necessary to differentiate.
Currently everyone is descendable if they don't log in to play.

Descensions take between 9-25 hours depending on a players personal levels.
Personal levels can be easily improved by farming a bit of DMU every few days.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Robe wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
You are in TL now from your tags, ask them how they did Duderanch if you need to learn about this. Attackers also have the element of surprise and know exactly when they have to either make the next hit or find someone to do the next hit.
I am not sure that DR is a good example for extending the time it takes to descend a player since it took 64 hours ;)

Was an example of that it is possible for multiple people to descend a single person over time, and the excuse of but the attacker needs to do stuff to is not a valid one considering there is only one defender yet can be an infinite number of attackers. I am not arguing that it should be longer to descend people, only that the maximum life force taken in a hit be lowered in that it takes longer to descend someone. This does nothing to effect those who are active or built up at all, and considering how much the recent updates made it shorter to descend even actives, I see no reason why it should not take 12 hours.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

BMMJ13 wrote:Was an example of that it is possible for multiple people to descend a single person over time, and the excuse of but the attacker needs to do stuff to is not a valid one considering there is only one defender yet can be an infinite number of attackers.

Just as the attacker can get someone to take over for him the defender can find someone to block for him. You just admitted to what I said early by stating the attacker has no excuse... so its okay for the defender to have a real life, but not the attacker.

BMMJ13 wrote:I am not arguing that it should be longer to descend people, only that the maximum life force taken in a hit be lowered in that it takes longer to descend someone.

did you seriously imply that you don't want it to take longer but then admit that what you are suggesting would in fact do that? sounds like doublespeak if I ever knew so.

BMMJ13 wrote:This does nothing to effect those who are active or built up at all, and considering how much the recent updates made it shorter to descend even actives, I see no reason why it should not take 12 hours.

It does actually effect people, of all types of activity, not just anyone specifically. Seeing as for a few years people had become complacent to the fact they were undescendable (and advertised that in selling threads), i think the way it is now has given it the justice it has deserved. It would be better for lone wolves if the time was shortened, but to increase it would not be the direction to take IMO. Long before the first ToC increase (roughly 2.5-3 years ago) it was possible to descend. But eventually that ability was gone, and gone for far to long. As the server grows in age the ability to be able to descend should be kept in perspective and even actives should be at risk.
renegadze
Forum Elite

The trouble with these changes, are people that post knowing full well they login within every 12 hours, so therefore have just become undescendable again.

So there is now a bonus for not actually playing the ascended server......AGAIN.

As has been stated a number of times, you need a strike 20x larger then a def to descend someone, how about if you don't wanna get descended you try building a def? I realise for some this would be breaking the habit of a lifetime (on either server). but a sniping/lazy playing style should not be rewarded.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:Was an example of that it is possible for multiple people to descend a single person over time, and the excuse of but the attacker needs to do stuff to is not a valid one considering there is only one defender yet can be an infinite number of attackers.

Just as the attacker can get someone to take over for him the defender can find someone to block for him. You just admitted to what I said early by stating the attacker has no excuse... so its okay for the defender to have a real life, but not the attacker.

You are saying that a person should need to have a blocker ready every day? That's idiotic. If you are attacking, you can easily ask people for help, however unless you start to get a 24 hour notice before every decension attempt, it's going to be a random hit that they will try to get to you before you login or notice. Having someone block you every day is a bit much just to stop yourself from descending. Think about what you are suggesting. ](*,)
Iƒrit wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:I am not arguing that it should be longer to descend people, only that the maximum life force taken in a hit be lowered in that it takes longer to descend someone.

did you seriously imply that you don't want it to take longer but then admit that what you are suggesting would in fact do that? sounds like doublespeak if I ever knew so.

I am suggesting that it take longer to descend someone at minimum (through minimum attack %), yes, but not that it take longer between hits. Those two things are quite different, as one affects the time of those that are active, yet the other is just setting a minimum amount of time that it is possible to be descended in. While it may sound the same, it is quite different.
Iƒrit wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:This does nothing to effect those who are active or built up at all, and considering how much the recent updates made it shorter to descend even actives, I see no reason why it should not take 12 hours.

It does actually effect people, of all types of activity, not just anyone specifically. Seeing as for a few years people had become complacent to the fact they were undescendable (and advertised that in selling threads), i think the way it is now has given it the justice it has deserved. It would be better for lone wolves if the time was shortened, but to increase it would not be the direction to take IMO. Long before the first ToC increase (roughly 2.5-3 years ago) it was possible to descend. But eventually that ability was gone, and gone for far to long. As the server grows in age the ability to be able to descend should be kept in perspective and even actives should be at risk.

I am not saying that it should go back to the way it was, however I also think there should be a minimum amount of time set at 12 hours that everyone and anyone should have before they are descended.

renegadze wrote:The trouble with these changes, are people that post knowing full well they login within every 12 hours, so therefore have just become undescendable again.

So there is now a bonus for not actually playing the ascended server......AGAIN.

As has been stated a number of times, you need a strike 20x larger then a def to descend someone, how about if you don't wanna get descended you try building a def? I realise for some this would be breaking the habit of a lifetime (on either server). but a sniping/lazy playing style should not be rewarded.

It has always been impossible to descend someone that actively plays ascended, I don't see why it should be any other way. In fact, it is kinda stupid if someone who is actively playing ascended to not actually not to upgrade their account so it will bring about a change where more people build up most likely.

As for the defense, yes that is a possibility, however I think it took someone about 5 minutes to dm my defense to a low enough level to start a descension hit on me. The fact that it removes 10% of your planets and has no delay, even if you are on critical, means that it is quite easy to remove a defense, especially if your enemy doesn't mind losses to get it done. Based on ascendeds play, sniping is rewarded. The only thing the 20x larger rule does is just delay the attacker a few more minutes. In fact, I believe at least 3 of the last 4 people to attempt to descend me have been running with mostly if not all 0 stats because of rank mod in ascended (yes I know that doesn't matter for descension hits anyway).
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”