Should school corporal punishment be brought back?

Should school corporal punishment be brought back?

YES!
27%
NO!
73%

Total votes: 11
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: Should school corporal punishment be brought back?

stuff of legends wrote:
If I'm not mistaken (in Australia) you were sent to the headmaster back in the day for the paddle/belt/weapon of choice. So that would solve that problem.

Sounds good to me 8)

RepliMagni wrote:
Discipline at home is the way forward - by the time they're at secondary school its far too late.

You do of course make excellent points (which didn't escape me when i made the OP), but when i see some of the parents these days, i wouldn't trust them to raise self-raising flour...never mind babies...

There was an old saying when i was young, dunno if anyone here would have heard of it but it goes something like "treat kids as if they are men and they will grow up to be men". that's not being sexist (before anyone starts on me lol), it simply means treat kids like adults and they will grow up to be adults, treat them like kids and they will grow up likewise.
Last edited by [KMA]Avenger on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:
If I'm not mistaken (in Australia) you were sent to the headmaster back in the day for the paddle/belt/weapon of choice. So that would solve that problem.

Sounds good to me 8)

yeah that's alright for Kids that Are out of Control like Fighting /Smoking/Drugs at school and need a thrashing but... Not for kids that don't do homework or talk in class seriously not the right punishment.and at the end of the day if you beat a kid up with a stick they will get numb to it and expect it and nothing will break them again.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

As i stated earlier, it's not meant to be used as a first (or even 2nd/3rd) line of discipline.

-David Icke
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

[KMA]Avenger wrote:As i stated earlier, it's not meant to be used as a first (or even 2nd/3rd) line of discipline.

Then i have to agree its needed for a Last punishment (Really bad kids)
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

GOLDEN WING wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:As i stated earlier, it's not meant to be used as a first (or even 2nd/3rd) line of discipline.

Then i have to agree its needed for a Last punishment (Really bad kids)

Exactly, if the problem cannot be resolved with conventional means and with the parents cooperation (so long as the child doesn't have some kind of physical/mental problem such as autism, which goes without saying), then as an absolute last-i would be in favour.

-David Icke
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

beanbag shotgun ftw :smt025

On a side note, parents should be able to use corporal punishment at home without having to worry about the police busting through the door and arresting them.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I disciplined my kids as i saw fit and constantly people would tell me i shouldn't smack my kids because it's against the law and i'll get in trouble....the law can go and die for all i care!

That doesn't mean i want anarchy or lawlessness, i simply do not abide with laws that intrude on my freedoms when i have hurt no one, caused no damage and haven't robbed anyone....

That's actually a good topic for a debate, if anyone wants to start a new thread :-)

-David Icke
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

[KMA]Avenger wrote:I disciplined my kids as i saw fit and constantly people would tell me i shouldn't smack my kids because it's against the law and i'll get in trouble....the law can go and die for all i care!

That doesn't mean i want anarchy or lawlessness, i simply do not abide with laws that intrude on my freedoms when i have hurt no one, caused no damage and haven't robbed anyone....

That's actually a good topic for a debate, if anyone wants to start a new thread :-)

I hated it but if i did something wrong my Parents had the right to Smack me when i was below 15 after that all you can really hope for is that your kid turns out OK.... These bullies and People that think they are mr Hotshot and can do as he wants didn't have that type of Upbringing and was Allowed to associate with other kids with the same sorta background.
Golden's Trade feedback
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I completely understand and agree.

-David Icke
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

RepliMagni wrote:If any teacher tried that at my old school, I guarantee he'd be stabbed by lunch ;)

And if anyone thinks I'm exaggerating this is the kind of thing that happened at my school:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... mpage.html

Discipline at home is the way forward - by the time they're at secondary school its far too late. Hell, half my mates regularly brought knives to school. You think a cane would scare them? lol
Send them all to juvenile :P

No but really, you cant have corporal punishment in high school. If my principle hit me I would laugh and hit him back...What you need for high school is to loosen the expulsion system
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

NO.
put disruptive kids in a class by themself, or just deny them education. Once they hit 11+ they are making their own decisions, if they wantr to **Filtered** about then they shouldn't be able to deny those that want a future their right to education. then you are just left with the ones that want to behave in classes that work well and corporal punishment is not needed.

Cut short. Corporal punishment not needed. Misbeahving/disruptive kids out of the school system at upwards...
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

So, you are in favour of abandoning these kids-not trying to "save" them thereby denying them a possible decent future?

:-k

I'm not trying to say corporal punishment is the only answer, or an answer of any kind, i'm asking questions and weighing possible solutions.

-David Icke
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

They make their choices in life. I am 17 and have seen some straight up idiots getting away with all sorts in school only to go unpunished or to get kicked out for a couple of days only to come back and repeat.

Why should anyone waste their time on such fools. Not to mention the money spent and the attention to those that give a crap lost
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

That doesn't address the core problem which in affect guarantees the problem continues, and all you are doing is putting the problem on other peoples shoulders in the future.

Sorry, but i have to disagree with you, nobody is a lost cause at such a young age.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”