HARRY POTTER - Final Movie

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: HARRY POTTER

I watched it today (don't get why this is in the book club. lol)

Spoilers:
[spoiler]Positives: better acting, some good scenes (Hogwarts looked like Atlantis under siege at one point) - an adequate send off.

Negatives: Half-arsed death scenes (Lupin, Tonks, Weasley, etc) - needed to have several fight scenes surrounding them. And poor soundtrack really - needed Enya/Lisa Gerrard or something playing (whilst showing the above death scenes) - would have been much more epic![/spoiler]

Overall it was decent, but there were so many bits in the fight that they could have done better....
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

heres something for yah, why the hell did they look exactly the same after that time lapse at the end !!! and why didnt harry fix hogwarts before he broke the wand ! things like this pissed me of lmao
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Moved to the Cinema. Sorry 'bout that, folks.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Re: HARRY POTTER - Final Movie

Right.. that ending was **Filtered**. I can't believe they finished 10 years of films on that ending.

Numerous complaints:

[spoiler=]Firstly, Plot Holes.

What's with the lightning dueling between V. and Harry? They ha different wands and were not related by the horcrux anymore. So what? How could harry be a match for voldermort? Why would Nagini dying make Voldermort incredibly weak that even Harry could defeat him? How could harry evade V. for so long anyway.. as well as duel with him at one point.

Secondly, Let down Scenes.
Battle was no-where near impressive.. I could not wait for the avatar-style arrival of reinforcememnts to charge in and plough through the death eateres. I mean Grawp, people of hogsmade, parents and friends, slytherins, centaurs and hippogrifs. Where was that! That would have easily been the most epic bit of the movie!

Also.. Snape only dueled mcgonagall.. was dissapointed that flitwick and horrus didn't join in :( Thennnnnn V. spent the whole time chasing Harry and didn't duel the headteachers and Kinglsey. Bllitrix also went through all the movies with no notable dueling ability shown.. In fact by the end she kind of looked weak.

Not much was shown for the "19 years later" or whatever it was.[/spoiler]

So yeah.... GRRRRRRRRRRRR
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Well the way I envisaged the end fight (yes, I'm this sad I actually thought about how I would have done it differently):
[spoiler]- The Weasley twins, Ginny, Cho and all the quidditch teams fly around Hogwarts on brooms, keeping the Dementors and Death Eaters at bay.
- Lupin and Kingsley defend the courtyard against Bellatrix and Fenrir Greyback - a giant plows through the fight straight at Flitwick and a couple of students - Kingsley goes after them leaving Lupin alone, who gets diasarmed. Just as Fenrir is about to kill him, Tonks turns up. Cue dramatic music and suitably witty phrases.
- Battle rages on. Cut back to Harry finding the Horcrux, then the scene with Snape.
- Cut back to the fight in the courtyard. Have Lupin and Tonks duelling some more with their natural counterparts (Fenrir and Bellatrix respectively). Tonks gets distracted and defends a couple of students from another Death Eater, gets hit. As she's falling Lupin turns and gets hit too. They fall together. Cue Lisa Gerrard/Enya style music. A photo of their newborn child falls out of Lupin's cloak and drifts up above Hogwarts.
- We follow the picture (with the music over all speaking) - broom goes flying past, with the Weasleys fighting Death Eaters. One of them shoots at Ginny, Fred gets in the way and dies. Music flares up again as we watch him fall and die, then goes on to all the other deaths - Colin Creevey, Lavender Brown, etc.
- Music goes on for a while, then Voldemort says they battled bravely and offers them the chance to surrender.

Would have been so epic. Instead we get less than 5 seconds of them dead in a corner!

And as for the very end. Having Harry run away from Voldemort and then having the final "duel" between them in an empty courtyard was rubbish. They should have had:
- Harry brought up dead. Neville chop off the snake's head. Then Harry disappearing under the cloak and pandemonium breaking loose.
- That's when some Death Eaters panic and flee. Just as they get to the Hogwarts gates, Percy apparates on his own. Then Aberforth comes, then Luna's dad, then hundreds upon hundreds of people apparate. Cue dramatic music, and witty comments.
- Back in the courtyard, duels are happening all around. Molly gets infront of Bellatrix and they have their duel. Meanwhile Voldemort takes on Kingsley, Flitwick and McGonagall - Kingsley and Flitwick get knocked aside, Voldemort is about to kill her, when Harry takes off the cloak right in front of her.
- Then he does the big reveal. How love was Voldemort's downfall. Love was the reason they all turned up there. And it was Snape's love of Lily which brought about Voldemort's downfall. Wand backfires and kills him.
- Cue the Lisa Gerrard/Enya music as they walk amongst the dead.[/spoiler]

My biggest problem with the fight was that it felt....adequate. But not epic!
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

*shrug* It was what it was. Not bad, I suppose. Nice to see Alan Rickman in action, as always. If I could have sex with his voice, and not be gay as a result, but then I'd totally do that. In fact, I'd do that anyway.

But I dunno, HP? Meh.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Psyko
The Irresistible

My single-most problem with the entire film.
[spoiler]WHERE THE **Filtered** WAS LUPIN & TONKS' SON AT THE END?! Nothing to say that Harry raised their child as one of his own. Nothing.[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Mordack wrote:*shrug* It was what it was. Not bad, I suppose. Nice to see Alan Rickman in action, as always. If I could have sex with his voice, and not be gay as a result, but then I'd totally do that. In fact, I'd do that anyway.

Siggied hehehehehee
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

Ok.. Im gonan make a list of things that IF added coulda made this movie PERFECT

[spoiler]1. the SCORE/soundtrack = totally **Filtered** apart from afew good ones like Lily's Theme.. honestly, they should have waited till John Williams was available..

2. ending Definitely needed Harry use the death curse on voldamort when voldamort was about to die..

3. totally needed the fight scenes described in the book.. If you guys didnt read the book,
there was a part when 3 professors were fighting voldamort and 3 kids (Genny including) were fighting Bellatrix.. That part definatelly needed to be included (would have been soo epic).

4. I woulda loved it if they had snape atleast put up a fight, instead of just dying liek a moron..

5. Ok Molfoy had 2 sidekicks.. Crabb and Goyle.. WTH why would they take out Goyle and put in some black guy.. Unbelievable things they do sometimes..[/spoiler]

But there were some of the good things that were in the movie and if they hadnt included them, then Id be totally mad

[spoiler]1. Neville finally got important scenes.. good thing they had Neville kill the snake like in the book and not Ron. I sware, I think thinking ron would kill the snake because he is the main character;s sidekick..

2. good thing they kept Luna in there..[/spoiler]
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

~Phoenix~ wrote:Right.. that ending was **Filtered**. I can't believe they finished 10 years of films on that ending.

Numerous complaints:

What's with the lightning dueling between V. and Harry? They ha different wands and were not related by the horcrux anymore. So what? How could harry be a match for voldermort? Why would Nagini dying make Voldermort incredibly weak that even Harry could defeat him? How could harry evade V. for so long anyway.. as well as duel with him at one point.

Battle was no-where near impressive.. I could not wait for the avatar-style arrival of reinforcememnts to charge in and plough through the death eateres. I mean Grawp, people of hogsmade, parents and friends, slytherins, centaurs and hippogrifs. Where was that! That would have easily been the most epic bit of the movie!

Also.. Snape only dueled mcgonagall.. was dissapointed that flitwick and horrus didn't join in :( Thennnnnn V. spent the whole time chasing Harry and didn't duel the headteachers and Kinglsey. Bllitrix also went through all the movies with no notable dueling ability shown.. In fact by the end she kind of looked weak.

I shell try to explain..

1. in their first dual harry lost because harry is weaker than Voldamort, but in the second time, harry won because the wand Voldamort holds actually answers to Harry (its the elder wand). It does this because the Wand was at first dumbaldores.. than Molfoys when He disarmed him. Harry owns Molfoy at molfoy mainor in part 1, so now its Harry's.. It answers to harry so it doesnt wanna kill harry nad thus he wins!

Am I a Good trader??
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

KnowLedge wrote:[spoiler]5. Ok Molfoy had 2 sidekicks.. Crabb and Goyle.. WTH why would they take out Goyle and put in some black guy.. Unbelievable things they do sometimes..[/spoiler]

[spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Waylett

They left in Goyle, but took out Crabbe. Bad boy yardie. lol :P I'm assuming the black guy was Blaise Zabini ;)

He took the song too seriously:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuBm0dvIzcc[/spoiler]
KnowLedge
Forum Elite

RepliMagni wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:[spoiler]5. Ok Molfoy had 2 sidekicks.. Crabb and Goyle.. WTH why would they take out Goyle and put in some black guy.. Unbelievable things they do sometimes..[/spoiler]

[spoiler]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Waylett

They left in Goyle, but took out Crabbe. Bad boy yardie. lol :P I'm assuming the black guy was Blaise Zabini ;)

He took the song too seriously:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuBm0dvIzcc[/spoiler]

nice one lol I hadnt come across that one before

Am I a Good trader??
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

KnowLedge wrote:
~Phoenix~ wrote:Right.. that ending was **Filtered**. I can't believe they finished 10 years of films on that ending.

Numerous complaints:

I shell try to explain..

1. in their first dual harry lost because harry is weaker than Voldamort, but in the second time, harry won because the wand Voldamort holds actually answers to Harry (its the elder wand). It does this because the Wand was at first dumbaldores.. than Molfoys when He disarmed him. Harry owns Molfoy at molfoy mainor in part 1, so now its Harry's.. It answers to harry so it doesnt wanna kill harry nad thus he wins!

but voldermot kinda killed harry in the forest ??
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Psyko
The Irresistible

Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:

Numerous complaints:

I shell try to explain..

but voldermot kinda killed harry in the forest ??

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure it was chalked up to Voldemort killed the part of himself that lived in Harry instead of killing Harry. Then it was added that the wand Voldemort was using obeyed Harry because Malfoy had mastered Voldemort's wand by disarming Dumbledore and then Harry mastered Malfoy by disarming him, so the wand couldn't kill Harry. Frankly, I think it was a total cop-out on Rowling's part.[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
TheFuzz
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅTS

should of had a death scene where voldemort put one weasley twin under the imperius curse and made him kill his brother would have been epic. sick but epic.

Return to “Grand Cinema”