Better Ascended Login

Casshern
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Better Ascended Login

slight drawback if someone hacks main give them access to ascended as well without knowing any of the details needed to be login
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Casshern wrote:slight drawback if someone hacks main give them access to ascended as well without knowing any of the details needed to be login

if somone hacks main chances are they can hack ascended annyway
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Casshern wrote:slight drawback if someone hacks main give them access to ascended as well without knowing any of the details needed to be login

nu uh cause if they can hack main, they can hack ascended...... so nu uh :---)
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:

If someone so happens to gain a persons details on main i would assume it was through a TV event, keylogger or RAT, in which case they would likely gain their ascended details as well. If they happened to hack the database then they could just as easily do it to ascended because its aeons older than main. So thats hardly a concern.
Not a bad idea nonetheless, but i was hoping this thread would have something to do with revamping the login screen :(
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

stuff of legends wrote:
Dexter Morgan™ wrote:

If someone so happens to gain a persons details on main i would assume it was through a TV event, keylogger or RAT, in which case they would likely gain their ascended details as well. If they happened to hack the database then they could just as easily do it to ascended because its aeons older than main. So thats hardly a concern.
Not a bad idea nonetheless, but i was hoping this thread would have something to do with revamping the login screen :(

Its better then revamping the log in screen because you wont have to see it anymore :P lol
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

^ Yeah, but i liked the fact that i had access to something that people didn't have, and they could see it , that's what made it so prestigious.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Yeah cause its so hard to ascend............... :shock:
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): jesus

muffafuffin wrote:So when you want to get on your ascended account you have to go back to the main page and do the whole sign in procedure all over again which also signs you out of your main. Kind of an inconvenience and one of the reasons I don't as frequently visit my main account.

What I suggest is that on your main account, possibly where the name change and race change things are a new link or button is added that opens your ascended in a new window already logged in. I figure that wouldn't be a problem since regardless of difference in names and such the accounts are always linked and so the game will know what to log you into.

So in summary...Button on main opens new tab into your ascended without logging you out of main.

i like it but dont you know.... www.ascended.gatewars.com :smt025
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
PS: Eat the watermelon- all I can say is ](*,)
MEZZANINE wrote:Saw a comedian the other day, he said there are now condoms with anesthetic on the inside to numb a man and make him last longer, but he found a better use, put them on inside out and you never have to wake your misses up when you get home drunk and fancy a bit :smt043

Oh wait.. I mis-read the topic, thought you said entering in the night lol
Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
old siggies
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

The ascended log in page is hideous and makes me wonder what you were thinking #-o

I agree with keeping the accts separate to prevent hacking BUT is there a way to have the HOMEPAGE link at the top bring you to the SGW home page instead of back to the ascended log in.

Because that just erks me. I think if it were easier or a smother transition between the two I would be much happier to play on ascended.
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

MajorLeeHurts wrote:The ascended log in page is hideous and makes me wonder what you were thinking #-o

That's the last remaining part of the bad-looking SGW graphics. I'd wish it would disappear...or be replaced.

_________

This idea would be good for people who bought an account off someone who didn't know/forgot the login of ascended (bought themselves off someone who didn't provide it).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Legendary Apophis wrote:
MajorLeeHurts wrote:The ascended log in page is hideous and makes me wonder what you were thinking #-o

That's the last remaining part of the bad-looking SGW graphics. I'd wish it would disappear...or be replaced.

_________

This idea would be good for people who bought an account off someone who didn't know/forgot the login of ascended (bought themselves off someone who didn't provide it).

+1
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

I made one over the weekend, if I can remember to go to the meet friday I'll see if Admin Jason likes it 8)

Cool
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
cubby989
Forum Newbie

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:Yeah cause its so hard to ascend............... :shock:

I'm on the course for my first ascension, and my account is less than a month old, probably 1 to 2 weeks at the most.
And you say this is hard?
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG+1 - LG+2 - LG+3 - LG+4 - AG - EAG - AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - US - UN - UK
Investor
Forum Newbie

yep good idea
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

It should be easily done considering that while names are changeable, the ID of both the ascended and the main account are fixed..

BUT
1. You log in from your comp at home mostly, right? Firefox remembers account name, and you can tell it to remember email & password.
2. Making bookmarks is probably easier than editing the game's coding.

From 1 and 2, I conclude that people are as lazy as not to want to type in two letters* and a three-digit code.

*- one letter in account field, then the rest of the account name appears and you can click it, voila
- the second in the email field, then the rest of it appears and you can click it. When you do so, if you checked "remember my password" in your browser, the password also fills.

Return to “For Admin Archives”