Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

Bloody hippies.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Cool your jets, Psyko. You're overheating. [-X
Psyko wrote:[spoiler]A forum member and GW player took a risk by making a trade with a known scammer and thanks said scammer for coming through with the trade. The forum member also happens to be a Mod.

And now he should be removed from his post because he actually had an honest trade with a scammer?! Where the **Filtered** do you get off on this **Filtered**?! You take his post completely out of context and then want his modship removed because you have a stick shoved up your ass.

I'm so sick and **Filtered** tired of sitting back and letting people have these rounds against the mods on this forum. Should I be removed as a mod because I have finally lost my cool with all this **Filtered** I keep seeing around this forum? Well too the **Filtered** bad, because I am not speaking as a mod right now. I am speaking as a human **Filtered** being who has tried to be courteous to each and every one of you **Filtered** heads who act like complete **Filtered** to other people on this forum (mod and otherwise).

Grow the **Filtered** up. He had a good trade and said thank you. Two words that most people don't even use anymore. If this is endorsement, then I feel sorry for people who use the words "hello" in a friendly manner to a scammer. All you have done is make a good and honest person feel like absolute **Filtered**. **Filtered**.[/spoiler]
You are endorsing a mod endorsing scamming. omg. :P
Clarkey wrote:[spoiler]Mezz, I see no-one endorsing anything.

Lone Dragon traded with Harch, like others have done. His trade went without problem. Why would lone dragon then claim he is a scammer when the trade went ok?

He is stating a fact and thanking someone for a trade. he did not say thanks, and keep up the scam trading.

Another case of blue name = mod. If lone dragon was a normal member you'd probably still accuse him of endorsing it but you'd probably just take it ingame. But because he's a mod, even though he was posting as a user/player you attack his Mod position. it's wrong to do that.

Also, I completely disagree with scamming ingame, we all know that, but I also at the same time admit that it is a legitimate tactic. Does that mean I am a Mod endorsing scamming now?[/spoiler]
This.
Mordack wrote:Bloody hippies.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

LD & I both seem to be cooling down now, and both of us seem to have other reasons for letting this get us so heated, mine being disgusted by the actions of a former friend, his more personal.

For my part I should have taken this to LD first and asked him to remove his post rather than exploding here. For that I apologise.

For LDs part, it seems he had good intentions trying to sell resources to Harch so Harch could repay one of the people he scammed. LD was mislead as many have been by Harches fun & charming banter. Also my post made him defensive when he would probably have seen my point and removed the post if approached privately & more diplomatically.

I still think the post should be removed but recognise errors in judgment on both sides here.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

MEZZANINE wrote:LD & I both seem to be cooling down now, and both of us seem to have other reasons for letting this get us so heated, mine being disgusted by the actions of a former friend, his more personal.

For my part I should have taken this to LD first and asked him to remove his post rather than exploding here. For that I apologise.

For LDs part, it seems he had good intentions trying to sell resources to Harch so Harch could repay one of the people he scammed. LD was mislead as many have been by Harches fun & charming banter. Also my post made him defensive when he would probably have seen my point and removed the post if approached privately & more diplomatically.

I still think the post should be removed but recognise errors in judgment on both sides here.

Still would rather talk to you directly if I may.
Since my mistake is being capitalized I have moved the thread being utilized and it is not an endorsement I dont hide my mistakes it is still here for evidence if people want me sacked you are welcome to make the complaint.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

LD has a good trade with Harch (apparently) so he posted that. He cannot speak for other instances in which others traded with Harch. He did not post as a Mod and say anything, so him being a Mod doesn't mean a whole lot. I'll give you it least means something, but it shouldn't mean anything really.

He did not refute Harch being a scammer, as far as I saw. If you're angry that he didn't go out of his way and give all the evidence of Harch being a scammer, which is secondhand to him, when he also posted his good trade with Harch... well then I dunno lol.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Juliette wrote:Cool your jets, Psyko. You're overheating. [-X
Psyko wrote:[spoiler]A forum member and GW player took a risk by making a trade with a known scammer and thanks said scammer for coming through with the trade. The forum member also happens to be a Mod.

And now he should be removed from his post because he actually had an honest trade with a scammer?! Where the **Filtered** do you get off on this **Filtered**?! You take his post completely out of context and then want his modship removed because you have a stick shoved up your ass.

I'm so sick and **Filtered** tired of sitting back and letting people have these rounds against the mods on this forum. Should I be removed as a mod because I have finally lost my cool with all this **Filtered** I keep seeing around this forum? Well too the **Filtered** bad, because I am not speaking as a mod right now. I am speaking as a human **Filtered** being who has tried to be courteous to each and every one of you **Filtered** heads who act like complete **Filtered** to other people on this forum (mod and otherwise).

Grow the **Filtered** up. He had a good trade and said thank you. Two words that most people don't even use anymore. If this is endorsement, then I feel sorry for people who use the words "hello" in a friendly manner to a scammer. All you have done is make a good and honest person feel like absolute **Filtered**. **Filtered**.[/spoiler]
You are endorsing a mod endorsing scamming. omg. :P

I'm cool, now. I just had some malfunctioning parts that needed to be replaced. All fixed. Cooling systems are back at optimum levels. 8)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

E.M.P. wrote:LD has a good trade with Harch (apparently) so he posted that. He cannot speak for other instances in which others traded with Harch. He did not post as a Mod and say anything, so him being a Mod doesn't mean a whole lot. I'll give you it least means something, but it shouldn't mean anything really.

He did not refute Harch being a scammer, as far as I saw. If you're angry that he didn't go out of his way and give all the evidence of Harch being a scammer, which is secondhand to him, when he also posted his good trade with Harch... well then I dunno lol.

Yeah, but he is a market mod. Any random noob will see that as an endorsement that Harch does do good trades. I'm not saying LD should be removed or anything extreme like that, but I do think its an error of judgement to post something like that about a known scammer.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

RepliMagni wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:LD has a good trade with Harch (apparently) so he posted that. He cannot speak for other instances in which others traded with Harch. He did not post as a Mod and say anything, so him being a Mod doesn't mean a whole lot. I'll give you it least means something, but it shouldn't mean anything really.

Yeah, but he is a market mod. Any random noob will see that as an endorsement that Harch does do good trades. I'm not saying LD should be removed or anything extreme like that, but I do think its an error of judgement to post something like that about a known scammer.

He may say Harch does good trades, but where does it say harch doesn't do bad trades? LD had a good trade with harsh, so he said he did. This doesn't mean that he is endorsing harch or saying he doesn't scam.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

RepliMagni wrote:

He does do the occasional good trade. He is on the Black List for a reason, though. ;) The List that says: "Caveat emptor a little more than usual."
It's like rain. Sure, it rains now. Will it rain tomorrow? Who knows. But it is a wet country.

If you want to do high-risk trades with a Blacklisted Trader, go ahead. Your call.
Harchester is on the list for a reason, and if you don't check the List, well.. tough luck. :)

It would be different if LD had said "Trust this man! He's an awesome guy and an all round trustworthy trader." ("It NEVER rains/Harchester would never scam people.") Instead, he said "I did a trade and it came through." ("It didn't rain today/Harchester did not scam me today.")

A little perspective, please.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

so much trouble for lil ole me, im flattered :smt047

I do good trades have done for awhile...i only recently became naughty 8-[
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

harchester wrote:so much trouble for lil ole me, im flattered :smt047

It's funny you find it so funny, you do know that I was counting on some of that cash for MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY RIGHT? yeah your so innocent, it's just a game that a 4 year old lost out on her birthday presents because you were a **Filtered** up
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Want to know a funny thing? It's not even about you but about the principle and how to handle the forum side of scamming. ;) As for naughty.. Wolve is naughtier.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:

It's funny you find it so funny, you do know that I was counting on some of that cash for MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY RIGHT? yeah your so innocent, it's just a game that a 4 year old lost out on her birthday presents because you were a **Filtered** up

Whilst harchester is in no way innocent for his scamming, you can hardly blame him for the loss of money for your daughters birthday party. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if it was supposed to be for that, why were you spending it?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

The Doctor wrote:
RoKeT wrote:

Whilst harchester is in no way innocent for his scamming, you can hardly blame him for the loss of money for your daughters birthday party. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if it was supposed to be for that, why were you spending it?

Spending what? I was looking to get the cash, buy it and reinburse it with my pay check, it was no harm really only the extras that I wanted to get her, but none the less it happened, if you don't believe me why dont' you ask Snipez or Harch I'm sure he was told that I was asking because I had planned on it...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

RoKeT wrote:

LOL Man up..a parent should always have spare cash laying around for the daughter if not then thats your problem not mine

Harch - I dont do sob stories :smt018
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”