People pretending to be 'something else'

Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: People pretending to be 'something else'

ربهالنوع wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:Multi-ing in the game of life?
Wonder if people get banned for that.
:-k
It's called fraude or identity theft :-D
Only if the person you are roleplaying is real, and your roleplaying in the real world, I would imagine? :P
For instance, you dressing up as Mark Rutte and acting like you are him in public, using his creditcard and such. Silly duck. ;)

@McJim: Rule 24.

I would dress up as Wilders and have pictures taking while eating in some shoarma place :smt081
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Duck Dodgers wrote:I would dress up as Wilders and have pictures taking while eating in some shoarma place :smt081
Genius. :smt043 Wilders would be flattered by our performance, Duckie. :-D
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

It is amazing to experience the change of attitude towards someone depending on the role (male/female) they play. Being a girl makes it much easier to be granted access to alliances, forums, information etc. - especially in a game that is dominated by male players in their teens/twens :)

While gathering intelligence and having a laugh by playing someone of the opposite gender is entertaining, the fun stops when people start to get emotionally involved with someone claiming being the opposite gender.Playing with someone elses real feelings is neither entertainment nor funny.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Succinctly put, deni. Allowing the second would inevitably lead to the 'kick in the ribs' Louis mentioned.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

deni wrote:It is amazing to experience the change of attitude towards someone depending on the role (male/female) they play. Being a girl makes it much easier to be granted access to alliances, forums, information etc. - especially in a game that is dominated by male players in their teens/twens :)

I found it to be the older men that are more easily fooled.. a bit of a boost to their ego someone (supposedly)almost half their age (in some cases) paying them a bit of attention.
The teens seem to pay not much attention to the presence of a female, they infact are the ones that seem to keep their raging hormones in check from what I've seen.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

fem fatale wrote:The teens seem to pay not much attention to the presence of a female, they infact are the ones that seem to keep their raging hormones in check from what I've seen.
Teens are generally oversexed regardless of the (perceived) presence of a female. ;)
Eelyzabth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DDE
Race: replicator
ID: 1961519

RP is one thing, lying about your real self is just that, lying, deception... not the sort of people I'd want as alliance mates, or friends. You wanna play a female IG all well and good, but don't lie during OOC conversations!

I play a couple of RP games where its all role play, my entire character is a made up persona, I play them female, but I have friends who RP males occassionally, but they do so without takingthe male persona on to MSN and into real life!

as for why people do it at all?

it starts off as 'oh I'll say I'm a girl to get an easy ride' then a few months on, hang on, I'm getting good at this, I'm making friends...how do I tell the truth now? and the lie snowballs out of control.

as for me, 100% female... possibly more than 100%, anyone doubts it... well tough. cos I ain't proving it unless you do first!!
Some girls turn heads. DDE girls break necks.....oh and.... Its NOT a bra, its a lacy summer top!!
My DDE Medals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Field Marshall wrote: Lizzy for president =D>
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

making a role realistic is more important than its gender.
when given the choice in a game between male and female characters, we've often chosen female characters because we find the challenge of understanding such a role interesting... It is also a far greater challenge to actually pull the role through. However, we fully agree that the moment feelings outside the role are involved, it should either stop and/or be thoroughly discouraged.
It is one thing to act as a character of the opposite gender, it is quite another thing to start playing with the feelings of others.

We've noticed that females playing female roles generally do it far more successfully than males playing female. We'd guess it comes from a combination of experience and understanding that is hard, if at all possible, for males to acquire. They also tend to cover areas that men don't think to cover.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

In the SGW world i've experienced many people trying to convince others they are the opposite gender, normally boys claiming to be girls. This was usually because they realised that I was on to their multing asses. :-D I'd name them all but I won't, it would have been embarassing enough for them the first time round when I exposed them.
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

I think we all roleplay to a certain extent depending on the company we are in at the time.. I'm different around friends then with family, different again with close friends then acquaintances

plus I also think we project an image of how we see others depending on ourselves.. ie if I was a 15yr old gamer male I'd assume most of the others playing were the same as me.

here's a big tip for the guys, any "female" that sends out semi naked pics of herself to numerous others but wont go on webcam or teamspeak even, because they are suddenly coy, be VERY wary off.. that's a tactic I've seen two "female" players use on SGW to lure men in..

the men that I've seen play women, usually do it in a way a males "ideal woman" would behave

The really sad bit is when you try to "warn/alert" others of the truth but are the one accused of making things up.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

fem fatale wrote:here's a big tip for the guys, any "female" that sends out semi naked pics of herself to numerous others but wont go on webcam or teamspeak even, because they are suddenly coy, be VERY wary off.. that's a tactic I've seen two "female" players use on SGW to lure men in..

Lol! That's indeed a bit big! :lol:

the men that I've seen play women, usually do it in a way a males "ideal woman" would behave

Interesting point indeed, however I'd say it depends on guys because the "ideal" kind of woman isn't shared by all and differs between different guys...but I can see that there's few "stereotypes" yup.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I'd be interested in whether any women decided to try to play a male role,

say to try to assimilate into the gamer culture,

or to be a part of something that intentionally draws no "special" attention... :-)
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

our miss Juliette has in the past ..

.. and a note of Juliettes deceit in the past, I know of some ppl that were that were scarred by those events.. it shook up their ability to ever trust anyone online..

Interesting the ingame messages you get too depending on your user name.. I like to get ones when I have a male name (from when I've gotten a new acc) and send back hugs and kisses... it tends to throw them a bit :smt050
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

The only ones I received semi naked pics from on MSN were those crazy MSN bots that jump after you when you come online. Actually not very bright to send such things away: most women wouldn't be like that to send away such pics of themselves...these pretenders. :lol:

Would have made me spit my drink out if a SGW player sent me semi naked/naked pics of themselves lmao. Guess people who received them didn't notice the big thing.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”