Ascended!

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Atomos
Forum Regular
ID: 1917453

Re: Ascended!

How many new accounts make it very far in terms of ascended these days? Very few... its a pretty well known fact in the game, covert level 30 is completely useless these days. Heck I always advise my newbie followers to not bother going beyond covert 25 while ascending.

Defs on semi active accounts are now 2T+ and coverts are like 10T usually. The new players cant hit or even see that easily or mass anyone or actually take part in any warring. Its just a non stop GnR collection fest for them til they decide to stop ascending or just trade in for a better account...

I dont know how everyone else felt about it but even when defs were easy to smash and people were doing bi-weekly page 1 massings, I found ascending to be the most tedious aspect of the game... it was just so long.

Cut it down to 10 ascensions, make the ascensions faster or let people keep their covert/AC levels after ascending... (I'm sure folks like EtL, JT, R8 etc would love that should Jason put in more ascensions :smt047 ).

Either one of those suggestions would at least make the new players competitive once more and give them a reason to keep playing
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Ascension complete :)
Lord Jadedog
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Drago Kazov
ID: 1979359
Alternate name(s): Lord Jadedog of The Balance Of Judgement

Atomos wrote:Or let people keep their covert/AC levels after ascending

I think this would be the best course of action for quicker ascensions, as getting G&R by ranking is not the issue with moderate game activity. We still have to make the game somewhat a challenge, and cutting down ascension levels is not the answer. :smt018
"MAN IS HIS OWN STAR. HIS ACTS ARE HIS ANGELS, GOOD OR ILL,
WHILE HIS FATAL SHADOWS WALK SILENTLY BESIDE HIM."
RHYME OF THE PRIMEVAL PARADINE
AFC54
Spoiler
Spoiler
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Lord Jadedog wrote:

I think this would be the best course of action for quicker ascensions, as getting G&R by ranking is not the issue with moderate game activity. We still have to make the game somewhat a challenge, and cutting down ascension levels is not the answer. :smt018

Or let them keep some of their levels? Like 37 tops and anything over that will reset to 37.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Loki™ wrote:
Lord Jadedog wrote:

Or let them keep some of their levels? Like 37 tops and anything over that will reset to 37.

Admin is usually against doing things like that, as there is always the few people that complain about how they had to go through it and so should everyone else.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Don't be stupid. Ascension is incredibly tedious but look at the benefits. It's meant to be an elite club that's a pain to get into. A game doesn't necessarily need to be THAT balanced.

You need to address the accessibility and balance in a different fashion. As much as we all complained about it the middle system we had of massing and defending, the one that governed both server wars was by far the best. The entire system's huge main glaring problem (unsolvable wars) was not solved in the recent updates. HOWEVER that old system was a lot more balanced. Anyone could raid and farm and then take someone elses defence no matter what rank/experience they were (and it could be done within reason too), covert was important but not key and the resources required all round were lower because it was so much more difficult to keep them when you knew you could lose your defence.

- Bring that system back (pre-2010 covert empowering/defence nerfing updates)
- put a big cap on how many at's you can use to 'attack' in any given day, say 750. (Then people can do all their farming and raiding and still make surprise attacks but you cannot conduct a reasonable war).
- If you want to go to war then you have to use one of the old alliance wars Jason came up with. That way a resolution is nearly imposed onto alliances with clear results.
- It will also introduce the ability to have genuine skirmishes if the 'victims' do not wish to accept the war. They can face being hit fairly often by bigger alliances who can afford to use the at's for that or they can fight the war and be done with it.
- End of alliance wars, give losing side ppt as the 'ancient assembly steps in to stop extinction'.
- Could have a kharmic retribution system in place for larger alliances that pick on smaller ones by giving them handicaps or things if they want to 'force' their 'victim' into a war.

This system will also reduce farming and resources as simply put the need for them (at's, naq to repair) will be reduced. Will balance the game as it will add structure.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Loki™
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Lord Jadedog wrote:

Admin is usually against doing things like that, as there is always the few people that complain about how they had to go through it and so should everyone else.

We could just tell those people to sthu :-)
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

i much prefer the iea of removing the account reset on UP/Coverts and UU (although UU isnt so bad)

get rid of this and you will see a great increase in activity. people hate resetting their account over and over for 1.5 years. The fun doesnt start till you can atleast stick up for yourself, and its difficult to put yourself into a position to do so when your account is resetting every 2-3 weeks -.-
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Atomos
Forum Regular

~Tziki~ wrote:i much prefer the iea of removing the account reset on UP/Coverts and UU (although UU isnt so bad)

get rid of this and you will see a great increase in activity. people hate resetting their account over and over for 1.5 years. The fun doesnt start till you can atleast stick up for yourself, and its difficult to put yourself into a position to do so when your account is resetting every 2-3 weeks -.-

Totally agree :) Many folks have run the long, non stop marathon of getting to TUK all the way from unascended and it seems that no one here really objects to newbies getting an easier ride with non resetting covert levels.

Might as well implement this and get some more fun independent players playing once more :)

Loki™
Forum Elder

~Tziki~ wrote:i much prefer the iea of removing the account reset on UP/Coverts and UU (although UU isnt so bad)

Non resetting UP would take a big cost factor out of ascensions so not a good idea. As I said earlier a capped amount of non resetting covert levels would be best.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Massacre
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
Race: DDE
ID: 1923635
Alternate name(s): ~Stiffy McBoing~

Get rid of ascensions altogether why dont u? On the upside, im stuck at King drop the reset and let me hit TUK real fast LOL
KJ wrote:indeed… people will fall in love with us and hate us at the same time
coz we'll be massing their accounts into oblivion
meanwhile they'll be staring at our perfect muscles
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): jesus

ya.... ascendung IS a littlew to easy thease days

it dont take much to be in the top 10%
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
PS: Eat the watermelon- all I can say is ](*,)
MEZZANINE wrote:Saw a comedian the other day, he said there are now condoms with anesthetic on the inside to numb a man and make him last longer, but he found a better use, put them on inside out and you never have to wake your misses up when you get home drunk and fancy a bit :smt043

Oh wait.. I mis-read the topic, thought you said entering in the night lol
Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
old siggies
Nikola Tesla
Forum Regular
Alliance: Terran Family
ID: 7840
Alternate name(s): vakho

we either cut the time or every newbie who decides to stay will trade up..... and this is better how? so that some of those who are posting against would be able to sell em TUK's? :smt017

it's good idea, you should go with it to admin.
BAU for Life!
Atomos
Forum Regular

EAT THE WATERMELON wrote:ya.... ascendung IS a littlew to easy thease days

Ascending has never been a challenge, it was always easy. That's not the problem. The fact that it takes 1.5 years before you can be competitive, that's the issue here...

Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Atomos wrote:
EAT THE WATERMELON wrote:ya.... ascendung IS a littlew to easy thease days

Ascending has never been a challenge, it was always easy. That's not the problem. The fact that it takes 1.5 years before you can be competitive, that's the issue here...

It is definately easier as I was saying...point is, who the hell would play a game that takes 1.5 years to get into?

Juliette...no noob should be in the top 50? I could do that with an hour of farming, there are about 100 people actively playing. The majoirty of those have no need to be in that area of rank, the other half have defences that could never be touched by an un-unknown...

The game is for the elite, but it's really boring...like, super boring...there are about 100 people that play. 100 of them, I cannot touch for another year...so, I will just quit.

I like the idea of keeping coverts/up. Once upon a time, MS' dissapeared if I remember rightly..that was amended. Resetting your account 23 times, is overkill now :P
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Jason Derulo wrote:Juliette...no noob should be in the top 50? I could do that with an hour of farming, there are about 100 people actively playing. The majoirty of those have no need to be in that area of rank, the other half have defences that could never be touched by an un-unknown...
You are not a noob. I think it is safe to say you know how to play pretty well, yes? ;)

Return to “StarGateWars General”