getting things done

HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: getting things done

GhostyGoo wrote:
I've thought very long about this feeding and i'm convinced it is both underhand and bad sport. I'm not convinced enough to call it cheating but i have been shown that admin classes it as such and so i can only agree that, as Teyla has said, it is time it was punished and that people were made to follow the rules.

I think you will find that the problem lies in the fact that admin DOES NOT classify it as cheating.

No rule has ever been written down anywhere so neither side (feeders or anti-feeders) have ever truly had a solid argument to work with. One cannot win or lose an argument over a rule that does not exist!

Here-lies the problem, and I will be happy when admin finally writes down something solid, one way or another.

sarparto wrote:Where would this end? You'd have to ban officers. Officers feed CO's UU, while CO's feed officers naq and we can't have that. How's it fair one person has 10 officers, while i have none? Then, what constitutes feeding. As my CO can confirm from watching me do it, I've had 70+ quad out in the open multiple times. If someone were to farm me I could just say I was feeding him and get him banned. It's his word against mine and I have the AT logs to prove I was "feeding" him.

Neimenljivi wrote:I don't care if this petition gets attention of pretty much everyone on Quantum, until FSS/USS doesn't give any advantage at all, so those that support actually support because they think admin should get the money, not for resources, I won't stop doing what I am doing.

=D>

Couldn't say it better myself. Until FSS/USS gives 0 resources you can't ban p2p trading. Being fed by admin is no different than being fed by another player. Of course if you get rid of FSS/USS admin would have no income, and the game would die, but at least we'd finally get that equal footing Teyla's asking for!

What is stopping you or anyone else from getting the max amount of officers? Nothing. That example is terrible. If someone is creating accounts with huge UP and putting them as their officers, then there is a problem. We need an active game mod to monitor these things.

I understand that people need to have large chunks of naq out, and sometimes they get caught and some lucky person gets lots of naq. This is NOT feeding, this is part of the game. But surely it doesn't happen with the SAME person losing large amounts to the SAME person multiple times. These things need to be monitored; this is why we need an active game mod.

As for USS/SS ... well sure it gives an advantage but at least it is only once a week and only 8 of the 12 weeks of the era. I have been around for a long time and I have seen people donate 5 or more times and still lose to someone who only donates once or twice, or not at all. It is getting fed that truly makes people become uncatchable - except in rare situations where USS gives WAY TOO MUCH. An active game mod could also monitor and make corrections to over-inflated USS bonus'.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Actually Hippy i thought exactly that until a smart person told me i was looking in the wrong place. Silly old ghosty here was looking in the rules! Pfah!

Quantum Game Updates; Feb 2011 wrote:Feeding

Feeding -or using one account solely to power another - is against the rules. There are ingame stoppers -such as limiting maximum gain per attack to a days worth of income, more or less. But the practise of using one or more accounts solely to feed one main account is against the rules. Account caught abusing this will be banned.

http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/updates.php

Without wishing to sound disrespectful mate, especially since i made exactly the same mistake, that seems pretty solid to me. Enforcement is the problem and, since the "rule" is actually an update not a rule, i would suggest an amnesty and a proper laying down of the rule in the rules section.

HippyFool wrote:That example is terrible.

=D> I'm really glad you said that Hippy i would have said it myself but i was too engrossed in ](*,)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
HippyFool
Forum Elder

GhostyGoo wrote:Actually Hippy i thought exactly that until a smart person told me i was looking in the wrong place. Silly old ghosty here was looking in the rules! Pfah!

Quantum Game Updates; Feb 2011 wrote:Feeding

Feeding -or using one account solely to power another - is against the rules. There are ingame stoppers -such as limiting maximum gain per attack to a days worth of income, more or less. But the practise of using one or more accounts solely to feed one main account is against the rules. Account caught abusing this will be banned.

http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/updates.php

Without wishing to sound disrespectful mate, especially since i made exactly the same mistake, that seems pretty solid to me. Enforcement is the problem and, since the "rule" is actually an update not a rule, i would suggest an amnesty and a proper laying down of the rule in the rules section.

That rule is all well and good, but completely useless. There is no rule that says people cannot sell naq continuously to the same person, and there is no way to check if someone has actually paid for naq or not. Hence all feeders just say "he paid me for it".

I know Jack does actually get paid... but he is probably the only one. All the others are simply feeders.

sarparto
Forum Regular

The officers system is a means of feeding. A player from main could just have alliance members, that don't play Q, create accounts for the sole purpose of building high UP's and being his/her officer. How is that not feeding? Yes it's not money, but they're feeding him resources; and unlike other officers, have 0 interest in playing the game other than building huge UP's to feed their friend UU.

In the past I've been caught with a ton of naq out and been hit 5+ times by the same person multiple times because the max he could take was less than 1/5 what I had out and I wasn't paying attention. What's to stop me from telling a friend to report it as feeding, then confessing to it?
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

That was how Jack finally won me over actually and i quite agree.

However, the grey area (for me anyways) appears when you consider that, since the transfer ability was nerfed, there is actually no way to do it without attacking the account which, it would seem, is what "such as limiting maximum gain per attack to a days worth of income, more or less" is trying to stop (or at least minimise).

There are so many whatifs, ahbuts and seemslikes in this particular area that i have to stand by what Teyla is doing - we need to ascertain what section of the game wants a clarification of the rule and then attempt to force the issue onto the admin to gain that clarification. Until then Jack really isn't doing anything wrong, i totally agree.

sarparto wrote:The officers system is a means of feeding.

It is very very rare i do not give equal amounts of my time and brainworkings to all but i really just will not read beyond this ridiculousness.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
HippyFool
Forum Elder

sarparto wrote:The officers system is a means of feeding. A player from main could just have alliance members, that don't play Q, create accounts for the sole purpose of building high UP's and being his/her officer. How is that not feeding? Yes it's not money, but they're feeding him resources; and unlike other officers, have 0 interest in playing the game other than building huge UP's to feed their friend UU.

In the past I've been caught with a ton of naq out and been hit 5+ times by the same person multiple times because the max he could take was less than 1/5 what I had out and I wasn't paying attention. What's to stop me from telling a friend to report it as feeding, then confessing to it?

Officers is strategy. Some waves it is detrimental to have any officers at all as income is more important. Some waves there is a balance between officers and income and some waves officers can be really important. I may be wrong, but I doubt many people will think that the CO/officer system should be changed.

As for the feeding... big hits happen. If you want to lie and set someone up then fine you can do that, but if a game mod was implemented then there would be a warning system. If you are just going around saying you are feeding everything then YOU will get banned...not the person getting the naq (unless the person getting the naq is getting it from multiple accounts).

Look, feeding is hard to explain with words... but I am sure that most experienced players can tell the difference between feeding and a lucky hit 99.9% of the time...there just needs to be someone to do something about it!!

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

HippyFool wrote:but I doubt many people will think that the CO/officer system should be changed.

Well that is where you are wrong. I think it is utterly disgraceful and needs immediate change. Right after we change how AT are used so that you can only attack yourself and Naq is completely removed from the game altogether.

:smt043
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
HippyFool
Forum Elder

GhostyGoo wrote:
HippyFool wrote:but I doubt many people will think that the CO/officer system should be changed.

Well that is where you are wrong. I think it is utterly disgraceful and needs immediate change. Right after we change how AT are used so that you can only attack yourself and Naq is completely removed from the game altogether.

Hmm well I am always interested in other peoples ideas... please detail your CO/officer and .... attacking yourself ... ideas!

sarparto
Forum Regular

HippyFool wrote:
sarparto wrote:The officers system is a means of feeding. A player from main could just have alliance members, that don't play Q, create accounts for the sole purpose of building high UP's and being his/her officer. How is that not feeding? Yes it's not money, but they're feeding him resources; and unlike other officers, have 0 interest in playing the game other than building huge UP's to feed their friend UU.

Officers is strategy. Some waves it is detrimental to have any officers at all as income is more important. Some waves there is a balance between officers and income and some waves officers can be really important. I may be wrong, but I doubt many people will think that the CO/officer system should be changed.

As for the feeding... big hits happen. If you want to lie and set someone up then fine you can do that, but if a game mod was implemented then there would be a warning system. If you are just going around saying you are feeding everything then YOU will get banned...not the person getting the naq (unless the person getting the naq is getting it from multiple accounts).

Look, feeding is hard to explain with words... but I am sure that most experienced players can tell the difference between feeding and a lucky hit 99.9% of the time...there just needs to be someone to do something about it!!

My arguments about the officer system is obviously intended as a joke. I don't think the officer system should change, but the officer system and spending money to buy resources are game functions. Just because you don't like one, because you are unable to use it, doesn't necessarily mean it should be banned. There are markets on these forums for cross-server trading and currency trades so it's not as if there isn't precedent for these kind's of things.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

sarparto wrote:My arguments about the officer system is obviously intended as a joke.

A bit more obvious next time please :smt117
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
sarparto
Forum Regular

GhostyGoo wrote:

:smt056 Finally someone gets it! =D>

It's totally unfair that someone's better at finding farms than others. This needs to be fixed asap! I think she removed it, but in the first post before the spoilers were added Teyla said we should all be given equal footing. How's it fair if I'm at work while the best farming is occurring?
:smt089
Buying resources, or trading another servers resources for Q resources, is a part of the game. It doesn't mean you have to like it, and it doesn't mean you have to respect those that do it, but's a part of the game. It's been a part of every era and will probably be a part of every era in the future.

GhostyGoo wrote:
sarparto wrote:My arguments about the officer system is obviously intended as a joke.

A bit more obvious next time please :smt117

Sorry I just find this entire thread to be ridiculous. Hope that's cleared things up.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Quit your job or stop complaining :smt079

sarparto wrote:but the officer system and spending money to buy resources are game functions.

But outright feeding is not a function, is against the rules (or at least the one in the update section) and is only done through either disrespect and dishonesty or, as in Jack's case, an honest black market situation.

What Teyla and others including myself are asking for here is a) a confirmation that feeding is bad, b) an acceptance that feeding will continue despite having negative impact due to market being "ok" and c) final word on the matter and moving on with all (i hope) past trespassing forgiven.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Unfair that some people are better at farming than you? Unfair that you are at work when farms are good?

1) learn how to farm

2) farms change and go up and down randomly every day at random times every day. People sleep, people live in different time zones.

Seriously... ](*,)

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I honestly thought you were done with the jokes Sarparto...

Sarparto wrote:Akhal is not being fed

:smt056

ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
sarparto
Forum Regular

GhostyGoo wrote:Quit your job or stop complaining :smt079

sarparto wrote:but the officer system and spending money to buy resources are game functions.

But outright feeding is not a function, is against the rules (or at least the one in the update section) and is only done through either disrespect and dishonesty or, as in Jack's case, an honest black market situation.

What Teyla and others including myself are asking for here is a) a confirmation that feeding is bad, b) an acceptance that feeding will continue despite having negative impact due to market being "ok" and c) final word on the matter and moving on with all (i hope) past trespassing forgiven.

What do you mean by bad. Do you mean bad as in illegal/bannable; or, bad as in go **Filtered** yourself for feeding? I'd like some closure, too, so we can just move on. Although now that I think about it, this has been the most active I've ever been on the quantum forums.

According to the game updates being fed is when a account is created and used SOLELY to boost another account. Unless I'm mistaken Kikaz built his account this wave to show how easy it was to get a high rank, then used it to mass at least one other account. I may be mistaken, but I'm getting my info from kikaz' thread. As for being done with the jokes, never!

Return to “General”