Boost MS power

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Re: Boost MS power

I don't think there should be a change at all. MS plays a big enough role in small stat onliners, and that imo, considering the current state of the game, is enough.

Most high level accounts that are far ahead of the rest of the player base already have 3-4T+ MSes. Say that's 2.5T in defence added right now, times by 3 and it becomes 7.5T.

Meaning, my 7.5T becomes a 15T def to mass down, and the smaller players that are still trying to catch up just get left further behind since it'll cost so much more for them to mass defs down.

It costs enough to build a measly 2.4T MS and most good accounts are at 3T+. Giving more power to them isn't going to help anything.

Tripling the MS power will add a new experience to the current game system, but it won't be one that helps out the category we SHOULD be thinking about.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Ryuujin Jakka wrote:I think even 3x was too much , maybe 2x , big ms's will be holding 6t strike if 2x'd Massing a 15t def which is not huge but it does cost a bit to mass , with a 6t boost in strike massing would be back to old days ;) less expensive more fun hehe , but 3x then rank 1 ms is 9t strike LoL
Rank 1 would be closer to 15T wouldn't it...

And Doubled at max, or just halve defenses and attack...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Lore wrote:Why is everyone in this game so in love with bandaides and refuse to actually address the root issues with the game?

How many more times will things have to be adjusted and have a bandaide put on it? This game is a tangled mess of more bandaides then wound.

So how long till the next call for a multiplier? A year? 2 years?

I agree with Sol too BTW.

=D>
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

I would be in favore of increasing ms power IF we could have the option NOT to engage it without sending it away OR have the option to engage MS seperate from other attack forms.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Imo the best thing would be for MSes to play a new role in some totally different way.
MS needs to have a purpose again and I agree that increasing size isn't the best way to go about it but it's the easiest and I can't think of anything else.
So if anyone else can think of something else I'd love to hear it.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

I wouldn't mind seeing a way for MS to engage each other directly, and perhaps have an option to purposely leave them behind on certain strike missions. Of course increasing them isn't a fix all, it is just a suggestion, I would love to hear other ideas, I just want to make a useless stat have purpose again.
Spoiler
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Well, at least make it so only the capacities are tripled, so it costs more to maintain.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Another suggestion would be to add a multiplier to the MS, but in addition make one have to use more AT's to actually use the MS in battle... e.g. in addition to the 15 AT for full attack, to use your MS you need to use 20/30 or something a long those lines...
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:Another suggestion would be to add a multiplier to the MS, but in addition make one have to use more AT's to actually use the MS in battle... e.g. in addition to the 15 AT for full attack, to use your MS you need to use 20/30 or something a long those lines...

What about the person defending?
Loki™
Forum Elder

As some others have said option not to engage in MS battle at all would solve some problems that tripling MS power could cause. With that small players could mass large players without having a huge disadvantage but MS would still be useful in offense.
One way to do this could be sacrificing your MS (all shields and volleys) to distract enemy MS for 1 hour while you attack him on the ground.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

We don't want small players to be able to mass large players ( or make to so easy), if you are speaking of account power in the covert and ms areas. :roll: If that's what you want then let's go back to the 1 turn mass anything days.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Jedi~Tank wrote:We don't want small players to be able to mass large players ( or make to so easy), if you are speaking of account power in the covert and ms areas. :roll: If that's what you want then let's go back to the 1 turn mass anything days.

It costs 1.5 quad naq to build a 1T MS to 2.4T. 2.4T isn't that big anymore.

Covert 38 alone costs about 832T I believe, or close enough.

Equals out to about 2.3 quad naq. That's 2.3 quad naq that a player has to farm just to compete, and that's assuming it's a cov 37 (presumably decent ascended). That's a lot of catching up.

Making MS relevant so that the gap to catch up to top players is even bigger is not the solution. It's easy enough to say that smaller players shouldn't be able to mass larger players easily, and guess what, with the current system they can't. This isn't about making it easier for the smaller people, it's about not increasing the gap to catch up to even more - especially when increasing the gap is irrelevant.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Loki™
Forum Elder

Jedi~Tank wrote:We don't want small players to be able to mass large players ( or make to so easy), if you are speaking of account power in the covert and ms areas. :roll: If that's what you want then let's go back to the 1 turn mass anything days.

My proposition would make MS useful again but it'd still let small players have a chance when fighting since people complained about how 3x MSes would make the gap between small and big even larger.
Also if someone chose not to engage MS how would that be any different from today? #-o
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

_willie_
Forum Elite
Race: Forgotten

I have a question. Why dont we want small player to be able to attack us bigger players? I'd be happy if smaller players start attacking me that means they want to learn to play the game. Thus making the game bigger and more competitive for all.
MOD SPEAK
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

we dont want smaller players attacking us because that means all the work we have put in is for nothing. e.g if someone with covert 30 and ac 30 is attacking someone with 38/38 and coming out ontop.. something is screwed up and its to easy. However.. what we do want is to make it easier to close the gap.

To which my simple answer is.

UP system in Quantum.

It has a multiplier so that it is cheaper for those who are far behind to buy levels to a certain extent, than say those that are in the lead.

e.g a covert 35 acc costs 200t normally for cov 36
the cost should be scaled down depending on what the highest covert is, but each time the scale is reduced so that at cov 37, 38, 39 the discount isnt as high and you start to pay closer to the original cost of the player that has covert 41-43 etc

yes this means that he who dares to be on top, also lays down the pathway for others to follow, but such is the way with most inventions / technology. When computers were made, working out how to do it was tough, but once done others followed and now we have all kinds of computer manufacturers.

this can also be applied to MS's, coverts, UP's, ascentions.

This will benefit the entire server in terms of bringing more accounts into range of each other, so that more fun can be had, it is not impossible to catch up and get into range of competing.. but it also doesnt take you from a noob to a pro in a matter of weeks. once near the top you must pay the same prices to take a step away from the average players and gain the advantage.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

Return to “Game Suggestions”