Any one here speak german?

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Any one here speak german?

Be4utiful_De4th wrote:like chinese, the sound "ma" can be said three different ways to mean three different things.

Kind of like there, their, and they're? Every language is going to have their quarks. There is no 100% clean language.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

well, gibberish is pretty clear... or maybe its merely consistent in its inconsistency...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Be4utiful_De4th
Forum Irregular
ID: 1971053

No, like they will shout "ma", and then say it slowly, and then wave the sound up and down and it means three things.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

**Filtered** wrote:
Be4utiful_De4th wrote:like chinese, the sound "ma" can be said three different ways to mean three different things.
Kind of like there, their, and they're? Every language is going to have their quarks. There is no 100% clean language.
If you pronounce these words the same way, you have an absolute speech deficiency. You can fix that. Visit this guy: http://www.thedialectcoach.com/

@BD: Má, Mã, Mà? :P No, not crying for my mommy, just.. different ma's, different caps. Or was that monks. :-k
Be4utiful_De4th
Forum Irregular

that was almost a complete repetition of what I already said! *slap* ](*,)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Be4utiful_De4th wrote:that was almost a complete repetition of what I already said! *slap* ](*,)
And how. :-D
Be4utiful_De4th
Forum Irregular

[-X

:-"

:smt117
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:
If you pronounce these words the same way, you have an absolute speech deficiency. You can fix that. Visit this guy: http://www.thedialectcoach.com/

@BD: Má, Mã, Mà? :P No, not crying for my mommy, just.. different ma's, different caps. Or was that monks. :-k

Further proves my point, There are slight difference in sounding of "there" to the others (though the spelling is different, but so is the case with ma when spelled right) making them mean different things depending on how you pronounce them. For me "they're" is a little different, but "their" and "there" I pronounce the same.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:
Juliette wrote:If you pronounce these words the same way, you have an absolute speech deficiency. You can fix that. Visit this guy: http://www.thedialectcoach.com/

Further proves my point, There are slight difference in sounding of "there" to the others (though the spelling is different, but so is the case with ma when spelled right) making them mean different things depending on how you pronounce them. For me "they're" is a little different, but "their" and "there" I pronounce the same.
Your point is linguistically invalid. -_- While it may *feel* like you are right, you are not.
Additionally; ma is spelled ma in Chinese regardless of intonation; my spelling was simply illustrative. You might have noticed the Chinese as a rule do not use the Latin alphabet. You might have been closer with the Vietnamese who actually try to use diacritics for their every way of pronunciation (and fail miserably, but that is the case with most artificial languages, ref. Esperanto).

:smt019
Be4utiful_De4th
Forum Irregular

You all smell like butter.

oh, what now?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:
Juliette wrote:If you pronounce these words the same way, you have an absolute speech deficiency. You can fix that. Visit this guy: http://www.thedialectcoach.com/

Your point is linguistically invalid. -_- While it may *feel* like you are right, you are not.
Additionally; ma is spelled ma in Chinese regardless of intonation; my spelling was simply illustrative. You might have noticed the Chinese as a rule do not use the Latin alphabet. You might have been closer with the Vietnamese who actually try to use diacritics for their every way of pronunciation (and fail miserably, but that is the case with most artificial languages, ref. Esperanto).

:smt019

LOL, miss know-it-all over there. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in linguistics. I talk out of my *** alot, but whatever. Too lazy to actually look anything up. You can have the argument, whether right or wrong. Doesn't really matter to me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:LOL, miss know-it-all over there. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in linguistics. I talk out of my *** alot, but whatever. Too lazy to actually look anything up. You can have the argument, whether right or wrong. Doesn't really matter to me.
Debating lost today.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:LOL, miss know-it-all over there. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in linguistics. I talk out of my *** alot, but whatever. Too lazy to actually look anything up. You can have the argument, whether right or wrong. Doesn't really matter to me.
Debating lost today.

Meh, keep it.

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”