Post stats - Help with tech calculator!

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Post stats - Help with tech calculator!

I cannot click on the text field to enter the numbers, however TAB does work. However, after entering the numbers I wanted, it took me to another page where it said nothing but the current and desired UP. Nothing about costs. This was done on FF. Going to try Chrome and IE to see what results I get.

Edit: Same problem on Chrome. Does work on IE though. However an ad covers up the answer as soon as the page loads, making the calculator essentially useless. Maybe if you are fast with screen capture?
HippyFool
Forum Elder

_Qba wrote:I've made a simple UP cost calc, if someone wants to use it here's link:

http://www.sciesiel.yoyo.pl/newgrounds/calculator.php

Good stuff! Can you post your formula for predicting overall cost from X to Y UP?

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
_Qba
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

**Filtered** wrote:I cannot click on the text field to enter the numbers, however TAB does work. However, after entering the numbers I wanted, it took me to another page where it said nothing but the current and desired UP. Nothing about costs. This was done on FF. Going to try Chrome and IE to see what results I get.

Edit: Same problem on Chrome. Does work on IE though. However an ad covers up the answer as soon as the page loads, making the calculator essentially useless. Maybe if you are fast with screen capture?

Checked on IE, FF, Chrome - works for me... As for an ad covering up can't you just close it?
I'm working on a excel spreadsheet - should be ready in the evening.
HippyFool wrote:Good stuff! Can you post your formula for predicting overall cost from X to Y UP?

I don't have formula - I calculate the first UP cost then made a loop in PHP that is increasing it and adding to total cost. i'm working on formula to spreadsheet but it's harder than in PHP :/
_Qba
Forum Newbie

Ok, for those who had problems with my PHP calc - excel NG calc v 1.0 (UP only) is ready.

Download: http://www.sciesiel.yoyo.pl/newgrounds/Newgrounds_calculations.xls
HippyFool
Forum Elder

To working out the starting cost of a tech at a particular level... use this formula.

X = lvl 1 starting cost of tech
Y = ascension lvl

starting cost at lvl Y = X((sqrootY)*2)

_____

This is a list of each starting cost at level 1.

Deeper 25000
Att 25000
Def 27500
Cov 26250
AC 26250
MS 22500
Inc 22500

xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

i gotta say this tech formula is freaking weird. I was recording my stats and it was going steadily up for a little while and then all of a sudden its 300,000 cheaper and its now increasing at a smaller rate. I didn't increase my improbability drive or anything it just took a nose dive.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

xdjoker wrote:i gotta say this tech formula is freaking weird. I was recording my stats and it was going steadily up for a little while and then all of a sudden its 300,000 cheaper and its now increasing at a smaller rate. I didn't increase my improbability drive or anything it just took a nose dive.

Hmm at what level was your tech? It could be that the formula changes at maybe 500?...

If you have a 2nd tech close to that level, you should record the change in cost :D

xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

HippyFool wrote:
xdjoker wrote:i gotta say this tech formula is freaking weird. I was recording my stats and it was going steadily up for a little while and then all of a sudden its 300,000 cheaper and its now increasing at a smaller rate. I didn't increase my improbability drive or anything it just took a nose dive.

Hmm at what level was your tech? It could be that the formula changes at maybe 500?...

If you have a 2nd tech close to that level, you should record the change in cost :D

It was actually somewhere around 473 and no I don't have another tech close to it at all.
_Qba
Forum Newbie

I'm still working on tech calc and I need tech costs from different asc levels (need one set from each asc lvl - tech lvl and ID lvl doesn't matter just remember to write them ;) )

Asc level needed:

[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Dibs on 14
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I'd offer 14 unless Jason beats me to it..
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
_Qba
Forum Newbie

_Qba wrote:I've made a simple UP cost calc, if someone wants to use it here's link:

http://www.sciesiel.yoyo.pl/newgrounds/calculator.php

It took some time but the DMC tech cost formula is ready.
I've upgraded my PHP calc, but those that had problems with it will have to wait because I've no idea how to do it in excel ;) so there are 2 options:
- HippyFool will make a spreadsheet :twisted:
- After my exam in Tuesday I'll think of some other offline version of the calc

In the meantime I'll be adding next techs (it might take few days as parts of the formula changes with tech levels)
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

sorry to say this Qba but your not quite there yet. Ive just tried out the calculator and your off by about 9 mil when i try to go from tech level 200 to 201 it says it should only cost 35,997,828 when it actually cost 44,997,285. You are close though 8-[
HippyFool
Forum Elder

xdjoker wrote:sorry to say this Qba but your not quite there yet. Ive just tried out the calculator and your off by about 9 mil when i try to go from tech level 200 to 201 it says it should only cost 35,997,828 when it actually cost 44,997,285. You are close though 8-[

All my tests worked :smt017

_Qba
Forum Newbie

xdjoker wrote:sorry to say this Qba but your not quite there yet. Ive just tried out the calculator and your off by about 9 mil when i try to go from tech level 200 to 201 it says it should only cost 35,997,828 when it actually cost 44,997,285. You are close though 8-[

Hmm... tested for at least 5 ascension levels and it worked...

Also
HippyFool wrote:All my tests worked :smt017

What ascension level are you? And what's your ID level?

Return to “New Grounds General”