APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

Juliette wrote:
Loki™ wrote:This is better but they still can get a significant amount of DMU more than other players for year's. What I'd like to suggest is reducing the possible max amount of LF gained per ascension.
Haha! That is something Sol has no say over. Go talk to Forum about this. ;)

*grin* Not that he will ever agree to such a thing.

Technically I cannot, although I can :P I can just cap the amount of APP that is received :P.
But I'm not going to.
Also the model is a bit..volatile at the moment, testing new functions and all so don't trust it ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

ok...I removed its dependency on how much a lf a person has, so it's pretty much just up to the amount of planets you have.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Loki™ wrote:This is better but they still can get a significant amount of DMU more than other players for year's. What I'd like to suggest is reducing the possible max amount of LF gained per ascension.

Technically I cannot, although I can :P I can just cap the amount of APP that is received :P.
But I'm not going to.
Also the model is a bit..volatile at the moment, testing new functions and all so don't trust it ;)

If you did those people couldn't gain advantage for couple of years. Only long enough to catch up to a reasonable level.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:

But I'm not going to.

If you did those people couldn't gain advantage for couple of years. Only long enough to catch up to a reasonable level.

What would you propose to be a good cap? I guarantee it would be different for everyone.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Loki™
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:

But I'm not going to.

What would you propose to be a good cap? I guarantee it would be different for everyone.

20t-30t LF. That'd still be 5Q-7Q for 23 which is still a lot more than I have used to upgrade my account to average level.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Sol
Forum Addict

Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:

But I'm not going to.

20t-30t LF. That'd still be 5Q-7Q for 23 which is still a lot more than I have used to upgrade my account to average level.

Why that number? Why not 100 t like I had for awhile and which you seemed to not care?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Loki™
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:

But I'm not going to.

Why that number? Why not 100 t like I had for awhile and which you seemed to not care?

I just threw a quick estimate of what might be good. And I did **Filtered** about that 100t but not much because I didn't realize how much it was because I didn't play ascended.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Sol
Forum Addict

Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:

But I'm not going to.

I just threw a quick estimate of what might be good. And I did **Filtered** about that 100t but not much because I didn't realize how much it was because I didn't play ascended.

Riiiggghhhtttt.
Well I see no need for a cap as soon as this will be implemented. There is only a set amount people will get per day, so they can't just inject however much they want straight into their account.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Loki™
Forum Elder

I just can't understand what makes you think giving several quints to some players is a good idea when 1-2 is enough to catch up.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Sol
Forum Addict

Loki™ wrote:I just can't understand what makes you think giving several quints to some players is a good idea when 1-2 is enough to catch up.

I'm not giving anything to anyone, I increased to APP conversion rate which was pretty much a well overdue update.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Borek
Forum Addict

Just remove or change the soft cap, problem solved, why do you have to take away the players freedom to convert their APP's at a time of their choosing?

What is the point on coding a complicated "over time" system when i bet there's only 2 or 3 people who even cap the 100t under the current system because they worked out a long time back that they can make more LF by spending the naq they would have blown on UP in main, buying DMU on ascended via private trades with players (risking being scammed which is a bad thing).

All you have done with the cap is stop people using legit in game ascensions to boost their ascended, which has and always will be the whole POINT of ascending with bigger than the minimum stats.

The fact you are changing the system means you recognise that i am right and the current soft cap is stupid and needs to go. Don't waste time coding this change, just change the soft cap to a higher value and/or reduce the time delay from 5 months to something lower. That will take you 30s of code editting and keep the control in the players hands.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Sol
Forum Addict

Borek wrote:Just remove or change the soft cap, problem solved, why do you have to take away the players freedom to convert their APP's at a time of their choosing?

See below.
Borek wrote:All you have done with the cap is stop people using legit in game ascensions to boost their ascended, which has and always will be the whole POINT of ascending with bigger than the minimum stats.

lol? People would just pump their accounts with bought naq to ascend with, which is why the cap is in place. Allowing a steady stream of LF through and removing the cap allows others to keep up (not everyone can ascend again for 99 t LF ;) ), and gives the others the option of ascending for however much they want.

Although I feel like I have explained this all before somewhere so I can't be bothered repeating myself.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

It sounds like it would not go over so well with Main but you can delete me after I say it haha. What if TUKs could get much more than the laughable 250k APP for GnR trade? A reward for their hard work. 250k is a bit insulting to TUKs with our without these APP changes.

Under Sol's new system maybe allow TUKs the ability to add APP to the 250k for large sums of naq? Nothing curtails inflation better than providing optional mechanisms to completely annihilate currency from an MMORPG. Heck maybe allow any lvl 2's +++ to pad their GnR APP with Naq(and/or UU?) but scale it dramatically better for TUKs?

Hell let me run the EU. I've never been to Europe but I will fix this fiscal mess you can mass me if I don't. Just let me at those British women is all I ask. Hot damn the way they talk it is so hot diggity damn swell.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Oh and also...

Non-TUKs have it good with this proposal but it isn't all pooping daisies on easy street. Many non-TUKs have waaaay more UP/COV/Supers/Glory Weps than they ever would have conceivably gone for had they anticipated this type of change. Some wrote off APP and the ASC server a long time ago as useless and TUK became mostly unimportant to them.

You like to say oh who cares free APP but they could have spread that glob of APP out over say 10 ascensions and not blatantly wasted quads of naq and hard work to merely end up with the same result. Not like they really have to ascend for APP now I suppose it is a personal choice. The 5 month system is a deterrent to attracting new and keeping regular ASC players this much seems clear.

I like Sol's idea so far but I can appreciate the naysayers concerns as well.
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:It sounds like it would not go over so well with Main but you can delete me after I say it haha. What if TUKs could get much more than the laughable 250k APP for GnR trade? A reward for their hard work. 250k is a bit insulting to TUKs with our without these APP changes.

Under Sol's new system maybe allow TUKs the ability to add APP to the 250k for large sums of naq? Nothing curtails inflation better than providing optional mechanisms to completely annihilate currency from an MMORPG. Heck maybe allow any lvl 2's +++ to pad their GnR APP with Naq(and/or UU?) but scale it dramatically better for TUKs?

Hell let me run the EU. I've never been to Europe but I will fix this fiscal mess you can mass me if I don't. Just let me at those British women is all I ask. Hot damn the way they talk it is so hot diggity damn swell.

AJ came to me actually to ask a good number for the GnR to APP trade, unfortunately he wouldn't allow me to scale it for players, so I had to choose a constant that would be used for all (however small or large). Basically I kept it fairly small because I didn't want to give noobs an APP induced coma (they need to learn to farm and grow just like we all did ;) ).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”