Boston

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.

Are american lives more important?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Yes of course we are at war.
6%
No innocent lives are the same no matter what country.
89%
Undecided due to the fact I am not American nor Middle-Eastern
6%

Total votes: 18
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Boston

ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:Anything on home soil will always gain more local media attention.
I don't understand why no one has thought of that aspect yet while trying to criticize the situation.

Also, Americans like to think of this country as relatively safe. When something like this happens, it opens up the reality that the U.S. isn't protected from everything. They don't feel the same about other countries, seeing them as not being organized enough to mount a defense.

Yh i like this reasoning to it
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:Anything on home soil will always gain more local media attention.
I don't understand why no one has thought of that aspect yet while trying to criticize the situation.

Also, Americans like to think of this country as relatively safe. When something like this happens, it opens up the reality that the U.S. isn't protected from everything. They don't feel the same about other countries, seeing them as not being organized enough to mount a defense.

Again, its not Americans. It is human nature.

Most people do not assume something is going to happen to them.
A life in fear is not a life at all.

Most people do not give a rats ass beyond what is considered socially expected.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:

True, it's all around, but in America especially. This is a country which is considered a military superpower, and people expect that to give it's citizens a "protected" status all around.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:

True, it's all around, but in America especially. This is a country which is considered a military superpower, and people expect that to give it's citizens a "protected" status all around.

But its not especially, we are simply more vocal/on center stage because we are attention **Filtered**.
It is the same for everyone, they just don't get to be in the spotlight as much as us.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:

But its not especially, we are simply more vocal/on center stage because we are attention **Filtered**.
It is the same for everyone, they just don't get to be in the spotlight as much as us.

I dont know about that, the rest of the world has bombings seemingly much more often than American does, so when america has one its more of a suprise, due to the reasons ANG has said
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Guild wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:

I dont know about that, the rest of the world has bombings seemingly much more often than American does, so when america has one its more of a suprise, due to the reasons ANG has said

I think we have more issues than you are generalizing.
Everyone deals with terrorism.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:

Agreed. Americans are often assigned stereotypes and the like that fit most of the world, simply because we draw a lot of attention to ourselves.

I do have to say though, if this DID happen in a country frequented by war and destruction, it wouldn't have been all over the news there. It may get a mention in the obituaries, but it wouldn't be the thing everyone was talking about.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

We have no real terrorism in the Netherlands. Just the occasional lunatic; but those are unimportant.

So we live vicariously through the United States, who kick up a fuss every time someone brings a knife on a plane or bombs some trash can somewhere. ;) Guess the same holds true for the rest of Europe.

Kind of pathetic on our part, if you ask me. Would be better to start a few terrorism groups and see what happens media-wise.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

We have occasional terrorism and high criminality rate in my country, but media just tries to hide its head in sand with the utter incompetence of the current government who doesn't want to pick on its potential voters (urban thugs and far left troublemakers).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Guild wrote:Image
Since when did you start making sense Guild? :smt043
KUDOS :smt025
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

- GH You are officially now deemed troll and nothing more. Hope your false securtity goes well for ya, but this is the last post I will put to you. You have shown nothing but nasty ignorance and trolling tactics on every post I have put up so Good Day Sir! :sge
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:
It is not home soil in Europe though, and yet it is being made into a major catastrophe and oh-oh terror yikes!

Hell, more people die each day in traffic accidents in the Netherlands alone. So yeah. I still wonder why the hell this is so much worse than what happens in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan/Libya/Tunisia/Egypt/Sudan/and other members of the Caliphate. (Only looking at major centers of terrorism here. Of course traffic and disease still kill a lot more than terrorism ever will.)

Then again, I suppose if the apple salesman sells pineapples, that is news, whereas the pineapple salesman selling pineapples is just doing his job.
And Obama is doing a GREAT job selling his pineapples......FALSE FLAGS for political agendas.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
ANG (27) wrote:

Trust me, if we wanted coverage in another country's terror, we would cause it, and then plant a story. THAT IS ALL. You are now done. I don't care who likes your posts, you are a sheep and I am done wasting time on you. Fare thee well.... :smt021
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

3 times in the last five minutes.I have read you saying you are.done talking to me.

Here is a thought. Stop replying to me if you want.me.to.not.reply.to you

I am hereby deemed a troll? Lol. Have you never met me before?
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert

More stuff going on in Boston area: http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... index.html

I got an email from the city telling me it's recommended that I stay inside.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”