SGW is DEAD.

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: SGW is DEAD.

I think you guys are all pessimists. Sure there will be a time when it wont be worth it to Jason/Juliette/whoever to keep the servers running but i think we still have a while yet. I expect this game to still be here with the same people fighting when i get back from travelling...
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
In_cognito
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

I sadly have to agree this game is dead. Not to mention the rotten community. Honor is something lost in the years i suppose.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Meh, people have been saying the games dead ever since I started playing, guess what, 7 years later (for me) and we are still here playing the game.

Until the servers are closed, the game is very much alive.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

what he said
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

ahhh
it's dead again...

well i swear i didn't kill it much!

anyways

when the lag gets fixed, it will be more playable

yes we could use an update on the interface... ( oh wait no)

now some marketing might have been usefull,
however if you want to clean it up
vacation all the accounts below 4 mil army size ( or move them all into perg)
change some search functions,
start promoting some more SGW
also
change the base starting account ( P.S i don't know what it is at the moment)
Mostly if your going to do this, have the starting account come with 200,000 Personal turns
or something, however then you still have to be worried about multi's... ah meh don't care

someone come mass me if you dare. (see i'm giving you all a goal) to MASS me
i need to get to 15 tril ME :(
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

been haemorrhaging since Admin Jason left a couple of years ago. Admin Jo/Support hasn't been on forum in a week either. Gotta hope Jo doesn't go awol like has happened a couple of times in the past.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

Norbe wrote:The trending decline in activity has been a subject on this forum basically ever since I've been here. In 2006 the game was dying. It's 2015 now and at least some of us are still here.

Yet, I do agree with Semper. It speaks volumes about the nature of the game and the community it has survived at all this long. The admins, especially Jason, never had a vision for moving the game forward. I don't think he ever actually expected it to last 10+ years. It's certainly failed to evolve and keep up with the times.

The core ingame mechanics are fascinating and for the most part make this a very enjoyable game. So imagine the possibilities that could have been if a revamp had been done three years ago, with brand new interface platforms for both browser and mobile. Apps being released with some promotion... it could have been glorious.

What are we left with instead? I think a game that is close to the ultimate tipping point where it is really, honestly, not going to be possible for it to recover. I would almost be surprised if we have 2,000 players that have logged into their accounts this year. Compared to 30k+ 5 years ago it's a huge decline. Of those 2k we do have, probably less than 100 actually spend more than an hour a day. My prediction is before the end of this year, there will not be enough active players to make it worth the rest continuing.

~Norbe~
The thing is tho new apps are are so bloody piss easy , when people join sgw, it takes them ages to ascend , even through ng. It's kinda stupid to try attract new players though that but then they have to spend months and months ascending before they can really play the game

Sure it's easy to farm 1q in a day if you push , but there's no real tutorials for new players , and nothing to direct them to the forum to ask for help. The game is way too dragged out , the only thing that kept me playing back in 06 was the fact I had irl friends playing too. Now I'm arround because of old friends met through the game :).

It's not a hard game but I remember when I first started playing , I was completely lost for a long time , until I got a few tips from some guys , then I started to jump to being a good player.

All these app games , are. Just a few taps and that's you , sgw requires time I put and people won't do that if the game looks as bland and simple to the uneducated eye as sgw does l the game has barely changed in 10 years , a few simple graphic updates could help , as we've all said a bit of marketing , with a few YouTube tutorials and stuff , maybe add
Something like some AI players? Liven up the game a bit

Crusades? Where at the end of it you could get a cinematic as to how the battle went , ships exploding and crazy **Filtered** , you know bright colour flashes and all that eye catching stuff.

Lots of little things with minimal effort would make huge huge huge differences in the game

I personally think AI players is a good idea , all on different levels , with random play patterns , some capable of on lining with the big guys some not , some farmable , others farm and build like players. For certain would make it a bit harder to farm and sell naq. Thus increasing player activity and levelling things out

P.s forums are a thing of the naughties people don't really forum anymore :/
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

lol
only thing that keeps me playing is the social interaction
the game is ok but the apps on phones are too easy to download so struggling to compete
this game had/has potential but only if it develops and changes if it doesnt its game over people need to realise why us old timers are still here yeh ok i havent been playing as long as some of you but i have been around long enough to know that the game as it is has been compressed into a few alliances fighting each other
the fact that wu tang and the collective are at war now well it started out quick but has slowed down already to ppt, jump off, mass, ppt
old players returning are enjoying this but for how long
the game needs an overhaul or it will die
we keep asking for an app to be developed but i dont think this will happen
anyway everyone enjoy whats left of the game
shooty08
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Collective
Race: Hell no, I'm lazy
ID: 1950023

~Odin~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:That's

-KJ
What she said^ lol
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

I said years ago they need to make an app.
](*,)
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

You're still around Phil? Not seen you in years like.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

ah...
but that's ok
it just needs a revamp and some media attention

Comic Con Convention!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
dardar_is_back
Forum Newbie
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): dardar

Someone should set up a workshop on this game at Comic Con.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

And pay for us all to go and yell at eachother
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

General Riviera wrote:You're still around Phil? Not seen you in years like.
I loiter about here and there I am way to busy to play currently / indefinitely just like pretty much everyone. How're you doing old bean? I recall we had a falling out but don't recall what about or weather we patched things up (drugs are bad for the memory!)
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."

Return to “StarGateWars General”