Two Players sharing the Same NG Account - Seek Rules Clarification

Ritalin
Forum Regular
Race: Mancunion

Re: Two Players sharing the Same NG Account - Seek Rules Clarification

Let me get this right..

Reborn has his own account, his mrs also has her own main account and there is 1 *multi on this IP?

You accusations are that both reborn and his mrs use the same multi due to the 1 *multi per IP rule?

Is this illegal or do u just find it wrong for the game?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Ritalin wrote:Let me get this right..

Reborn has his own account, his mrs also has her own main account and there is 1 *multi on this IP?

You accusations are that both reborn and his mrs use the same multi due to the 1 *multi per IP rule?

Is this illegal or do u just find it wrong for the game?
Let me clarify everything for you. We are asking for clarification on whether two people playing the same account is legal.

As well as other illegal issues.

I quote this post from: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=201462&start=5825
teesdale wrote:surrender account 1992895/11778, have left DDE, i wont side with a cheater to any extent. good day.
It seems it goes much deeper than you just trying to sweep under the rug that you were "accused" of cheating ;) Try to look past this not being all about you or about you at all.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Ritalin
Forum Regular

hokiehomeboy wrote: Try to look past this not being all about you or about you at all.

Lol what does this mean?
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

K ill break this up slow time for your simple brick minds on repeating yourself.
hokiehomeboy wrote: After spying for a couple days your DMU farmed on ascended was equal to crazymofo+*Harvest for days +/- a couple Q which is insignificant when talking about hundreds of Qs.
LOL if u think its true act on it, my farming might be near someone else farming :O
hokiehomeboy wrote: Now today when all of this comes to light, their DMU farmed 24 hours is 0 and yours has dropped significantly to a mere 70Q.
What so they haven't farmed for a day means its me? U do know a few days ago I was at 0 farmed for 3 days? Im sure with all that sypign you could of seen that, im sure Sol logs would show that too.

Hang on a second there 24 hrs farmed is 0? Hmm your not the only one with a spy demi in an alliance and they r not 0, think someone telling little pokies when trying to find out some other info....... u lot still fishing for were my account is me thinks.......
hokiehomeboy wrote: You accuse people of doing things that you do is what it seems to me.
I didn't accuse anyone of feeding on QW which again is against the rules that I was pointing out, u just cant read and thought I did. Lets get this right feeding on QW is against the rules feeding on other servers is not.
hokiehomeboy wrote: You accuse people of using C4C yet when I caught both you and *Harvest farming at different times within a matter of seconds of spying both accounts were retrained with all spies untrained
What I will say to start off is I use IE that can im quite sure been shown on the database, C4C runs on FF..........

Now I can speak for myself as I said my times in past and showed with convos I would sit with covert trained and just look at logs for watching who was using it, and always within seconds of training I would be spied.

We even w8ed for certain ppl to be farming on another server and then train up as this just wasn't me doing this was a few of us to see certain ppl using this addon, and low and behold they had swapped servers and then was hunting, C4C is used in your alliance Sol cba to block it, however Jo did. As for that other player untraining maybe they had just finished farming? IDK ask them.
hokiehomeboy wrote: You complained in the original thread about people using illegal feeding.
Again no I didn't brick, what I said was this , I was pointing out the rules.
reborn wrote: 9) Feeding is not allowed in Quantum. See the base page for more information.
As for your repeat post again Math you might think something is bad for the game but end of the day is was allowed for 2 ppl on 1 account , as u said even back then u didn't like it.

It comes down to u have a personal problem with this rule still, that's your problem not mine.

Or is this just a case of you lot infact trying to find out who my muti is because u cant find it and wanting admin to tell u?

Latter seems to b more likely the way you lot keep repeating yourself. About a rule u don't like that's been around for yrs. Which even u knew about and u knew that 1 person could pass an account onto another and another and another already , but me doing oh oh so bad.......

your smoke screen to get them to tell u were my account is aint flying.

and to sum up this last bit
hokiehomeboy wrote:

teesdale wrote:surrender account 1992895/11778, have left DDE, i wont side with a cheater to any extent. good day.
It seems it goes much deeper than you just trying to sweep under the rug that you were "accused" of cheating ;) Try to look past this not being all about you or about you at all.
Me and jake have nothing wrong which each other infact we talk all the time, like idk 6-7 hrs ago, if u think he left because of me , LOL

We have worked on certain things together for quite some time on all matter of things. He was one that was helping me spot the ones using C4C too :smt047
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ritalin
Forum Regular

So what your really doing is trying to disguise the fact that TAF members have been accused of scripting by trying to get a rule overturned just because reborn is using it to his advantage and now bringing my name into it but also saying I am not the only reason teesdale left DDE just to make it sound more convincing

I wish there was a smiley for Clutching at straws because it would be defo used a lot round these parts!
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Sigh.

This is a very simple thread. We seek clarification from the admins about the legality of two people with their own main accounts sharing an ng account.

It is not surprising that Reborn doesn't think he's done anything wrong. It's not surprising that he is interpreting rules as he sees fit that benefits him and his friends. It's not surprising that he is blinding himself from the potential dangers of people doing exactly what he is doing, no matter the intent by Reborn himself doing it.

I mention the different ways this can be abused not to prove that it's illegal (that is up to Support who has NOT ruled publicly on anything of this nature before), but to clarify the importance of this decision and the dangers inherent in allowing this kind of thing to continue. If you want a sgw where accounts are being run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, then so be it, but that is against the core gameplay of what we've been doing for the last 10 years.

Now Reborn, you're welcome to accuse another 10 TF members of cheating all you want, I know your list of our "cheaters" is incredibly long now. Make a thread, show your "evidence" if you are such a noble fighter against cheating. I'm sure your "evidence" will be just about as detailed as Robert's last scripting accusation against me :lol:

The fact is, in this situation, you admitted publicly that you and crazymofo both use the same ng account. You admitted to everything and now we wait for an admin decision. Simple as that.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

I will agree on this an maybe u will post again maybe u wont who knows, im quite open that we share a NG account hell lots have known that for quite some time. Even your own members #-o

I do w8 on what admin says but I fear the next post before that will b from u again saying the same thing u have done for last 2 pages.

But there u go again and not reading, just go with what is in your head and think **Filtered** ill run with this will sound great.
Mathlord wrote: If you want a sgw where accounts are being run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, then so be it, but that is against the core gameplay of what we've been doing for the last 10 years.
Hmm no its not.

And lastly the account is not being run night and day.

However with that rule that's been in place for many years you could do that if you wanted and was clear back then, hell you even said about it with ETL as it was being banked while he slept.

You keep changing your mind to sort what u want to come out, stick one thing not keep trying to twist it but saying the same thing p/much just a different way.

[30/08/2015 22:57:18] Mathlord TA: ETL's excuse was that he had a friend bank for him overnight which was technically legal because you are allowed to have two people on the same account provided the other person doesn't have an account
reborn wrote:
It is no different from me and my partner sharing a ng account because we only have 1.

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:44:15 -0700
> From: private@kingdomgames.com

> Subject: RE: If u could check this for me pls
>
> watch for auto banning doing 2 at same time...on same opponent.
> the 2 ppl one acct is not meant to 'break' the numbers...that would be
> cheating.
> farm/repair, though, for example, does not put into negatives.
> my point is just that 2 people running one account is not illegal.
That rule has been there and u full well know of that rule because u commented on it before #-o

As for me accusing ppl and showing what I have. I already done that with pm's and with the reply I got with they need to change to code to see it, now if that happens who knows but I do not need to make a thread about something I have already reported and shown them all I have aswell as others helping out with their stuff.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

And you keep quoting a comment before the advent of newgrounds accounts. That was 2008. It was simpler back then because obviously if someone had an account of their own and shared an account with someone else, they were a multi.

This is a separate issue with much more complexity and NO defined rules on the books covering it.

You keep quoting that people can share an account if they do not have accounts of their own. You are INTERPRETING that you are doing an okay thing because you two do not have NG accounts of your own even though you both have main accounts of your own. A strict reading of the rule would disagree with that as technically you each have accounts of your own and are sharing a second account.

We are going around in circles on this. There is no evidence you are not breaking the rules and until Juliette comes into this thread we cannot confirm that you are breaking the rules either.
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
Ritalin
Forum Regular

If this is a written rule already, shouldn't this thread be more about pros and cons rather than accusations and pin pointing?

Looking at it from a fresh meat situation.

2 people start the game at the same time.. The plan to stay neck and neck in competition except 1 of them finds out about newgrounds.. Then the other realises they can't have one due to the 1 per IP rule... This is a clear advatage and far from fair so how do u make up for this?

You either allow both to have *multi or u allow them to share.. It can't be any other way otherwise the game is showing favour to 1 person and this game is supposed to be unbias... Correct?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Then allow them both to have a multi. I find it ridiculous that two people in the same house can't have their own accounts. That was the whole point of ip exceptions in the first place.

It is far more dangerous to share accounts.
Spoiler

---
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Ritalin wrote:So what your really doing is trying to disguise the fact that TAF members have been accused of scripting
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

reborn wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:

Me and jake have nothing wrong which each other infact we talk all the time, like idk 6-7 hrs ago, if u think he left because of me , LOL

We have worked on certain things together for quite some time on all matter of things. He was one that was helping me spot the ones using C4C too :smt047
no ill will on my part, ily Josh... i dont like cheating to any extent, but never have a accused nor suspected Reborn, never has there been reason or evidence to.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
Ritalin
Forum Regular

Mathlord wrote:Then allow them both to have a multi. I find it ridiculous that two people in the same house can't have their own accounts. That was the whole point of ip exceptions in the first place.

It is far more dangerous to share accounts.

Forgive my ignorance but why would it be far more dangerous for 1 account to be controlled by 2 people rather than 2 accounts potentially controlled by the same 2 people?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Two accounts. Each account controlled by one person. That limits an account's potential to the capabilities of a single owner.

One account. Controlled by two or more people can greatly inflate the potential of a single account.

Reborn claims he and crazymofo only use their account for farming and for the most part, that's probably true. Also on ascended there are limited turns available so they aren't using extra turns on the account necessarily and they claim that they use their ng account primarily to boost their main accounts.

But here's the problem, that's the "ideal" case to limit the effect of this problem. Even so, you have two people now sharing their combined farm lists on the same account. You have two people who can invest in the building of the same account and you have two people that can watch logs and protect that same account. Now sure, reborn and crazymofo are in the same time zone, but that doesn't mean they are on at the same times. Now that account has more opportunity for coverage than a normal account.

And now think about this outside of the comfy realms of ascended with limited turns and limited interest. Think about the main server with an account like duderanch's *not_kik account. Top tier mothership, top tier planets. Suppose multiple people were on that account watching its logs, fighting from it, massing enemies. You could do a pretty nice schedule among trained fighters to use that account around the clock. Similarly, instead of just having people in an alliance watch logs for a big defense, you could have a bunch of people actively watch the account itself. Build a big defense and make it very very difficult to have a window to mass it.

Even outside of that. Think about farming. Two people on the same account farming. Maybe for other account benefits (in which case you have two people spending twice the time actively building a farm list). You have unlimited turn potential on the main server and now people can farm to boost that account all hours of the night or day. Make it a beast account like *not_kik which has had thousands of dollars invested to making farming super cheap and easy and all of a sudden this account has become insanely overpowered.

Reborn can attempt to differentiate his choices from the above all he wants, but what he is doing allows for all of this to be legal and that can't be allowed to stand.
Spoiler

---
Ritalin
Forum Regular

Mathlord wrote:Two accounts. Each account controlled by one person. That limits an account's potential to the capabilities of a single owner.

One account. Controlled by two or more people can greatly inflate the potential of a single account.

Reborn claims he and crazymofo only use their account for farming and for the most part, that's probably true. Also on ascended there are limited turns available so they aren't using extra turns on the account necessarily and they claim that they use their ng account primarily to boost their main accounts.

But here's the problem, that's the "ideal" case to limit the effect of this problem. Even so, you have two people now sharing their combined farm lists on the same account. You have two people who can invest in the building of the same account and you have two people that can watch logs and protect that same account. Now sure, reborn and crazymofo are in the same time zone, but that doesn't mean they are on at the same times. Now that account has more opportunity for coverage than a normal account.

And now think about this outside of the comfy realms of ascended with limited turns and limited interest. Think about the main server with an account like duderanch's *not_kik account. Top tier mothership, top tier planets. Suppose multiple people were on that account watching its logs, fighting from it, massing enemies. You could do a pretty nice schedule among trained fighters to use that account around the clock. Similarly, instead of just having people in an alliance watch logs for a big defense, you could have a bunch of people actively watch the account itself. Build a big defense and make it very very difficult to have a window to mass it.

Even outside of that. Think about farming. Two people on the same account farming. Maybe for other account benefits (in which case you have two people spending twice the time actively building a farm list). You have unlimited turn potential on the main server and now people can farm to boost that account all hours of the night or day. Make it a beast account like *not_kik which has had thousands of dollars invested to making farming super cheap and easy and all of a sudden this account has become insanely overpowered.

Reborn can attempt to differentiate his choices from the above all he wants, but what he is doing allows for all of this to be legal and that can't be allowed to stand.
Yes I fully understand that bit but what I meant was.. If the IP had now 2 accounts but with the same shared schedule, would that not be double the problem and very hard to find if both accounts are used by 1 player each or multiple players

Working off that theory.. 1 account is less dangerous under 2 players
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

That would only be a problem if they continued to log onto each other's ng accounts. Now sure, people "cheating" with one account is better than people "cheating" with two accounts, but I choose not to assume that reborn and crazymofo would decide to continue sharing both accounts if they had their own.

We always run into this problem with people under the same roof. Again though, you're talking about a specific situation involving two people under the same roof. They are harder to police. It still could be policed in extreme cases (account seems to be active more than a person can be - or if it's being accessed while say reborn was accessing his main from another ip but that's deaper investigation).

The vast majority of cases this can be abused would be with people on different ip's, however. Both are dangerous, however, and have to be addressed.
Spoiler

---

Return to “Report Archive”