why are there disadvantages for asgard and tauri

Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
ID: 0
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

How on earth can this question come out of such a seasoned player in case u didn't notice your attack weapons are super powerfull and they cost only 151k as oposed to the 167k that the goauld an reps pay .
scben
Fledgling Forumer

thats very true i have a better advantage on my attack but why should i have a bad defence. your bonus is naq per turn where is your disadvantage. your balanace is what makes it unfair it is so much easier to get up in the ranking which i might add is the goal of the game. yes i can get to the top too its just that the balance i have to have to get thier is harder which it shouldn't be. i just don't lke the idea of getting screwed on defence just cause i have a bonus on attack.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

*sits back to watch yet another debate on this subject*

Must be noted that the Tauri also get an extra siege level!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

chunkysoup wrote:yea i must admit i used to think goa'uld had best bonuses, but i switched to asgard in quantum, and their defense, is just ridiculous, absolutely LOVE it. next cycle, im def gonna give tauri a try... im startin to think those two races have better advantages

Me too. I switched to asgard and wished I had a long time ago. Feelings mutual!! I think when I want to give tauri a try I'll just save up 1000 turns, cashin all of my shields, buy some heavy offense weapons and gooooooo huntin!!!!!!
CaptainAwesome

The reason that tauri and asguard have a disadvantage, is because their advantge is so much better than replicaters and go'aulds...It is a comprimise, and it is definately worth while. although maybe not for tauri so much as asguard, as the bigger their attack, the less profit for them due to repair costs, i dunno...I like being asguard tho:)
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

The guauld have no weakness... Being a tauri, these are my EXACT STATS: I have 104 X302 (super office weapons) and my attack in 7,218,963. I have 222 Ion Cannons (super defense weapons) and my defense action is 5,311,652. I just pluged that into a calculater and thats a 26.42% difference... We were suppost to have +25% attack. Well... I'm just over that, but I have over 2x as many defense weapons... My attack/weapon is 69413. My defence/weapon is 24477. I don't think thats 25%. The tauri might as well say, take everything I steel... it's yours for the taking. Guauld and Reps. They have no dissadvantage... If I got an extra 25% income from my troops right now, I would be making 156,520 a turn rather then 125,216. thats a big difference, and that difference gets bigger as you go higher. I know I'm complaining, but someone tell me what guauld and reps are getting per weapon.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

xcrunnermr06 wrote:The guauld have no weakness... Being a tauri, these are my EXACT STATS: I have 104 X302 (super office weapons) and my attack in 7,218,963. I have 222 Ion Cannons (super defense weapons) and my defense action is 5,311,652. I just pluged that into a calculater and thats a 26.42% difference... We were suppost to have +25% attack. Well... I'm just over that, but I have over 2x as many defense weapons... My attack/weapon is 69413. My defence/weapon is 24477. I don't think thats 25%. The tauri might as well say, take everything I steel... it's yours for the taking. Guauld and Reps. They have no dissadvantage... If I got an extra 25% income from my troops right now, I would be making 156,520 a turn rather then 125,216. thats a big difference, and that difference gets bigger as you go higher. I know I'm complaining, but someone tell me what guauld and reps are getting per weapon.

First of posting your statues is not the smartest thing in the world. :smt073
Also if your saying that asgaurd and tauri are at a disadvantage u should realy take a look at the home page on the general stats especialy players in top 100. The asgaurd and tauri specialize so of course we are going to find it harder to keep balanced statues, the Gou'ld get the 25% extra per turn the danger in this is them becoming a farm for higher ranked players> Only the repliacators can really say they have a disadvantage after all there are alot fewer replicator players than any others and no affence but 25% cheaper spie levles and bonuse with sabotage being less effective i would rather be any of the other three races.
:-D
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

I know it's not the smartest thing to do, but I had to do it to prove a point... Guauld arn't the primary target to farm off of, Tauri are... I just showed you how much of a dissadvantage we have from the other players.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

xcrunnermr06 wrote:I know it's not the smartest thing to do, but I had to do it to prove a point... Guauld arn't the primary target to farm off of, Tauri are... I just showed you how much of a dissadvantage we have from the other players.

Well there are still more of them than any other race so it can't be that big a disadvantage can it? :-k
Jutah
Forum Grunt

I am a replicator, and I love it. In Quantum my Covert level is so high that nobody my rank can see what I have, making it a complete gamble whether or not to attack me. That is the Replicator strength. Would you attack a bunch of ???? I prefer not to! The so called replicator weakness? There isn't really one. We can see exactly who we are attacking and as such do not pick stupid fights. Tauri tend to blunder in, assuming they're better, while the Asgard and Goauld can't tell!!!

Long live the replicators!!!
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Valha'lla wrote:
xcrunnermr06 wrote:I know it's not the smartest thing to do, but I had to do it to prove a point... Guauld arn't the primary target to farm off of, Tauri are... I just showed you how much of a dissadvantage we have from the other players.

Well there are still more of them than any other race so it can't be that big a disadvantage can it? :-k

I showed you how much of a dissadvantage it is... I'm doing what every tauri has to do before lunging for the top... take Months (and I mean like 4 of them) build up your defense to such an uber level (probablly about 3000 weapons) praying that you can keep your rank as high as it is, and then when your done with that, use your attack bonus and build up your attack and use what little bit of an officive boost we can, and pray we built up our defence enough not to get clobbered once we get there.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

Jutah wrote:I am a replicator, and I love it. In Quantum my Covert level is so high that nobody my rank can see what I have, making it a complete gamble whether or not to attack me. That is the Replicator strength. Would you attack a bunch of ???? I prefer not to! The so called replicator weakness? There isn't really one. We can see exactly who we are attacking and as such do not pick stupid fights. Tauri tend to blunder in, assuming they're better, while the Asgard and Goauld can't tell!!!

Long live the replicators!!!

Nice :-D
But having a high covert means u spie on every one before attacking does it if so then cool :-D
What i meant is that out of all the races the advantages u have seem to cause most people not to be replicators cause of the number of u there are is less than every one else. Any way also do u get a dicount on covert agents. Also cause sabotage is less effective it means if somone has a realy high defence would u be able to do that much about it u would u waste your time.
In short what i,m saying is that although your advantage is cool u get given the least as u don't get as many dicounts. :cry:
Ps when quantom wars resets ill be a replicator just to try it out.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

so do we all agree here that no race has a bigger advantage over the others??? If so, then why is their a dissadvantage?
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

xcrunnermr06 wrote:so do we all agree here that no race has a bigger advantage over the others??? If so, then why is their a dissadvantage?

are u serious
u know how big the diffrence is in tauri stirke or asgard defense
i have been reconing some tauri only to find that some of them have equal stirkes with far far less weapons u ahve and advantage hence u have a disdavnatge deal with it .

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Amon Ra wrote:
xcrunnermr06 wrote:so do we all agree here that no race has a bigger advantage over the others??? If so, then why is their a dissadvantage?

are u serious
u know how big the diffrence is in tauri stirke or asgard defense
i have been reconing some tauri only to find that some of them have equal stirkes with far far less weapons u ahve and advantage hence u have a disdavnatge deal with it .

Are you calling me a lyer on my stats????? I don't care who you recon, Recon me (if you can) and you'll see my stats. Also, did it come to your attention, that maybe you didn't get all the weapons when you spyed?

Return to “Suggestions Archive”