Some Help

RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Let's bring back guest postin
Guest: "hi I'm Guest 267"
Guest: "hi I'm Guest 3, I am going to be so good in the game, want to be my commander, oh that's not your game name, guess I'll just be all by myself with no friends then"
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Weston wrote:Mjaybe you should consider not posting in the forum with your in-game name.
The people that always ending up dealing with all the crap, are the ones who find the need to display their game name in the forum, and make enemies.
Like Sleipnir said it’s usually the peps on page one. And I would like to add that the people that use 2 diff names are to scared to take on the rest of the world, and they just want to stay in their little cubical and say every thing is fantastic (when its not)
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Let's get back on topic here.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

To be honest, I think its the repair damage that needs fixing. When I had over 100mil attack, and I attacked someone with less than 50k defence, I had a repair bill in excess of 1.5mil. Of course he had no repair bill whatsoever. This is basically the thing these low rank attackers are taking advantage of, if the battle is one-sided the damage to the wepons should reflect that.

I think if this was sorted out it *would* be possible to scrap someone's defence but ONLY if you had an attack on roughly the same level. Unfortuneatly this will still leave Tauri most vunerable, but also the most effective at carrying it out.
Asger
Forum Newbie

IcER wrote:To be honest, I think its the repair damage that needs fixing. When I had over 100mil attack, and I attacked someone with less than 50k defence, I had a repair bill in excess of 1.5mil. Of course he had no repair bill whatsoever. This is basically the thing these low rank attackers are taking advantage of, if the battle is one-sided the damage to the wepons should reflect that.

If you have 100M attack against people with 50k defense.. your attacking someone completely out of your league..

The costs are fine.. if you go around sending hundreds of battleships out to kill a rowboat.. All that ammo is going to cost alot of money.. while replacing the rowboat is cheap :)

Even with this ability.. the top players still are way ahead and the problem spirals out of control faster each day as thier resources grow at a faster rate.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

i think the bigger issue is whats been happening more and more in the game lately (both quantum with Omega and regular with Order of Chaos):

2 players, one works his ass off for months getting better, buying tons of weapons, training spies, getting unit production and spy level upgrades...

The other, not even logging in for the entire month, totally ignoring the game...

Then at the end of the month, the guy that hasnt played at all can log in, and just on a whim, totally wipe out the guy thats been working his butt off to get better. Now what the hell is that? I keep thinking best idea so far is that you receive no damage (or SIGNIFICANTLY less damage) if you're attacking/defending against a force that is less than 50% as strong as yours.

And what makes this tactic so much worse is if someone's cheating and using 2 accounts, they could have an account to which they devote a lot of time and get up in the ranks, and use the second account as a suicide bomb to completely kill off any of their competition...
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

Well if you think someone holding over 8million in the open is out my league then you know something I dont. If its a waste of ammo, why cant I just send a small portion of my force, it would reduce my troop losses too.

There are other, and better ways to stop the stronger people from outgrowing the weaker ones. You may not have noticed, but almost all the top people in quantum have stopped attack completely, it actually becomes un-economical if you were trying to play the tactical game. I however, cant give my turns to someone else, and I may as well have a bit of fun :-D
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

myFriend wrote:
chunkysoup wrote:If i take a stick and run up to a tank, no matter how many times i hit it... its not gonna break down and the army isnt gonna end up scrapping it.
This is not true. Hit some thing long enough and it will after about 10 years brake down. But also in "real life" you can take out the kids that are running at with the stick before he can hit you for 10years

so i am for the change to

Check this out.

http://gprime.net/video.php/rifleatatankbattle

Nuff said :-D

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Xhéralt
Forum Newbie

Battleships v. Rowboats

If one has to engage a rowboat with a battleship, being able to use a single 50-cal deck gun, rather than a full broadside salvo of 16" shells, would be nice. Much more efficient use of resources. Or, if all one has is 16" guns, then firing a single shell instead of a salvo.

The point of such lopsided attacks is rarely pure financial gain...how many gold pieces can a rowboat hold, anyway? More likely, you're acting on behalf of your friend the inner-tuber, who the rowboater whacked with his oar. :)

Possibly, using less than 15 attack turns can grant one a measure of finesse, but I don't know if 5 attacks of 3 does more or less damage to one's weapons than 1 of 15, and what difference, if any, would be in the Naq theft results. Someone with some understanding of the actual game mechanics would have to address that.
_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
............Xhéralt.............
.General Representative.
.....Asgard Protected......
......Member Treaty........
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Yeah, 2 things that hsould be changed,
1) you should be able to send in a portion of your attack

2) the damage against the top players should be less but mabye something like

(your attack/their defence) squared, or to the power of 1.5 or a figure around this. Presuming it is on squared it would mean, say you had (just use the small figures for example) 1 attack strenght and they had 2 defence, your damage on them would be 1/4 of normal damage. Say you had 10 and they had 2, your damage would be 25 times normal. although there should be a limit to the damage you can cause say 5x. and 100 people with 10 attack wont be able to do much damage to somone with 200 defence. but it would reduce the effectiveness of mass attacks from, well people ranked fairly low. And weapons should be able to be destroyed, its unrealistic for 10 starships to attack 1 and the 1 survive and do just as much damage to the 10.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”