Online Status

WraithWarrior

I think this would be a very BAD idea. Especially for the newer players with low ranks. Someone could see that they were offline and attack them knowing they had time to prepare for any attack made back at them
Rukia
Forum Elite
ID: 0

i would hab to say no to this suggestion...use a messanger service to ask if they're on or offline ^_^
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

Desnar
Forum Regular
Race: Tollan
ID: 27001

Its especially bad for planned massings/sabs. They could go on ppt right in the middle of it
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Moved this here as it was in a newer topic reference online/offline indication.

JediMasterX[NJO] wrote:Ok in another game that I play similar to this, but set in medievel times you can tell when other people are online. This could be especially helpful when trying to contact someone and also knowing when to not hit someone in fear of getting it taken back just as quick as it was taken.

In this other game you could tell when other people where online when you went to the battlefield the people online their names were highlighted in Yellow and the people offfline had the regular white to their name.

An example of this owuld be like so.

Guy1
Guy2
Guy3

Guy4
Guy5

Guy's 2,3, and 5 are online while Guy1 and Guy4 are not online because they're names are still highlight by the usual color.

Peronally - I would like to see when my officers/alliance members are online - but if you can see when anyone else is online - it becomes too easy to select targets to mass - as you would never mass someone that you knew was online (especially with the new updates).
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

How about alliance members or people you're at peace with?

Also for shizune, not everyone has a messenger.
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Rukia
Forum Elite

online/offline lights have been shot down repeatedly in the past for obvious reasons. i believe they are housed in the common suggestions thread and do not wish to be necromanced anymore. please think of the poor suggestions who suffer greatly from the plague called necromancy...
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Shizune wrote:online/offline lights have been shot down repeatedly in the past for obvious reasons. i believe they are housed in the common suggestions thread and do not wish to be necromanced anymore. please think of the poor suggestions who suffer greatly from the plague called necromancy...

er - Shizune - this is the thread that is linked to the Common Suggestions thread! :-D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
simon123
Forum Newbie
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 82513

Re: Online Status

people would just wait until u were offline when getting ready to mass someone. i dont like that idea.

i think if u had a button that u could show to show u were online like if u were buying on the market u could do something in your personnal settings which would show ur name in green showing u were online but when u log off and log back on it would go off. this would just be used to show who was online so u know who would be the fastest trader.
ID - 82513
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

these forums have an online indicator... so it isnt that needed ingame...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Informer
Forum Regular

MAKE IT SO CO's CAN SEE OFFICER WHO ARE ONLINE

sorry about caps - just making sure people see that it isn't everyone who is online - just be able to see officers and co

that way when officers dont have an ss, so co has to send naq via give function (naq to help because the co's are nice like me) the co can see if the officer is online and let him know the exactly when naq arriving.
Dagr
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard
ID: 50627
Alternate name(s): Day

...AND DO NOT FORGET THE ALLIANCE TOO...
Informer
Forum Regular

lol thanks - i forgot about that

btw nice style with the caps :lol:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I do wish I could see when my officers and alliance mates and my Commander are online...

My officers have messenger, but it's not always possible to use it, like at a public computer...
even Meebo.com is difficult to use sometimes... and everyone still has to remember to turn it on, login, (it doesn't remember me... :( ), etc.

Meebo.com also has it's own crashes, and it is sometimes banned on public computers too.

Even in 2009, seeing my Commander, my officers, and my Alliance mates online, that would be very cool. :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:I do wish I could see when my officers and alliance mates and my Commander are online...

My officers have messenger, but it's not always possible to use it, like at a public computer...
even Meebo.com is difficult to use sometimes... and everyone still has to remember to turn it on, login, (it doesn't remember me... :( ), etc.

Meebo.com also has it's own crashes, and it is sometimes banned on public computers too.

Even in 2009, seeing my Commander, my officers, and my Alliance mates online, that would be very cool. :)

Just send them a message? LOL

2 yr old topic? :lol:
*Facepalm*
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

meh... good ideas often get lost here... :P

Return to “Suggestions Archive”