The Tauri Iris

Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

The Tauri have 'Alliance Mothership support' as a siege level.

but yeah - we don't have any real motherships.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Shiloh
Forum Newbie

Duh, didn't think of that . So Forum, tell us. Have we been attacking through stargates or through motherships all this time?
It kinda makes sense being through motherships, since the show never really shows hundreds going through the stargate, especially not in death gliders or x-302s or whatnot.

However, I still think the idea of renaming the fortifications and perhaps having seperate fortifcations for stargate and mothership attacks is still valid.
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 12056

Well the Goul'd do have a version of the death glider that is made to go through the stargate. Teal'c and General Hammond flew in it to save SG-1 when they were trapped on a planet. But that probably isnt what the goul'd have on the game. lol
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

the needle threader???
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

yes. Lol. :D
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

Ok. Well you know the fact that the game is Stargate, kinda implies that there are stargates. You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion. I might be reading it wrong but you sounded like you think you know everything.

First I am not insulting or throwing insults. Your the one that shot down my idea. OK? Dont come into here and try and make me look like an idiot. Why dont you word better so it doesnt sound like your better than everyone else. Up there I said your kinda sounding like an ass. You could of replied nicely and say something like "Oh. Sorry. I like the idea but there are a few defects" You on the other hand just shot it down. Please dont come in here if your just going to act like a jerk.

Now that's uncalled for! Please read the rules next time, dmwolfman. The whole point of the suggestions board is to have ur ideas discussed and shot down, as u say, by someone. Don't take offense at it. Different ppl have different ideas, and if they can suggest additions to your idea, it's all good. While you can debate the viabilities of ideas, personal insults are not tolerated. So please refrain from that in the future, if you want your posts to be taken seriously.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Shiloh wrote:Amon Ra: I wasn't talking of adding defences, just renaming them, and I think it'd be cool if they could think of more apt names for the Go'uald and Replicater fortifications as well. It's a great game, but I think the names could be perfected, obviously a minor cosmetic change, but important to some nonetheless :)

Iris are additional fortification like the asgard 8th symbol or the goauld force fields reps i supose just block the gate with repli blocks :P

Now Wolf's Idea is GREAT and he was not sounding like an ass at least not in this post (j/k) he was helping make the idea sound better u should be thanking him . Wolf what do u think of making it like if u buy a stargate u can get more naq as it's eaiser to transfer stuff through the gate but the downside is taht u might get attacked hence players that don't buy a gate can not be attacked via a stargate and they can't attack through it . also reapirs will cost less on stargate attacks and less casulties .
The iris , force field , 8th symbol , or repli blocks(made this one up like 5 secs ago never seen it on the show) could be like the alert level and it will cost u half ur turn income to close ur iris

ONe question How do u sugest that gate address be know from player to player ?

One way i prospose is that if u and i both have gates and u attacked me then i'd have ur adress as soon as u attack .

Another way could be having covert withing a creatin range of a player
so that players in the same covert range can attack each other and know other's adresses and also the adresses should not be visable to the players or else people will pass them around via pm .

Come on People sugesstions
Elongar
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 7265

I don't mean to turn down any suggestions here, but could it be that all attacks are launched from motherships, but since every race has motherships, and they are only used as a means of transport for the X-302, and death gliders and what-have-you, that they don't need to be implemented? That way, it is only the weaponry you have on board your motherships that count.

To build on that, perhaps it would be good to implement them seperately to weapons and troops, as a transport factor. You can only transport a certain amount of trained troops and weaponry on each mothership, and you have to buy a new mothership once that limit is exceeded. Motherships would obviously cost a lot, because of their size, in comparison to the normal weaponry we have, and that would ultimately make it difficult for people who just started to get one, so perhaps each player starts off with one. Just an idea.
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

Well I have already talked to Wolf359 so if we could just get onto the idea.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Amon Ra wrote:
Shiloh wrote:Amon Ra: I wasn't talking of adding defences, just renaming them, and I think it'd be cool if they could think of more apt names for the Go'uald and Replicater fortifications as well. It's a great game, but I think the names could be perfected, obviously a minor cosmetic change, but important to some nonetheless :)

Iris are additional fortification like the asgard 8th symbol or the goauld force fields reps i supose just block the gate with repli blocks :P

Now Wolf's Idea is GREAT and he was not sounding like an ass at least not in this post (j/k) he was helping make the idea sound better u should be thanking him . Wolf what do u think of making it like if u buy a stargate u can get more naq as it's eaiser to transfer stuff through the gate but the downside is taht u might get attacked hence players that don't buy a gate can not be attacked via a stargate and they can't attack through it . also reapirs will cost less on stargate attacks and less casulties .
The iris , force field , 8th symbol , or repli blocks(made this one up like 5 secs ago never seen it on the show) could be like the alert level and it will cost u half ur turn income to close ur iris

ONe question How do u sugest that gate address be know from player to player ?

One way i prospose is that if u and i both have gates and u attacked me then i'd have ur adress as soon as u attack .

Another way could be having covert withing a creatin range of a player
so that players in the same covert range can attack each other and know other's adresses and also the adresses should not be visable to the players or else people will pass them around via pm .

Come on People sugesstions

Gate addresses could be obtained by spying/gained in the course of regular battle or by buying it from somebody else - this then leads to the question 'Why would someone else have it?' - well they may have got it through spying or regular battle. Additionally - the acquisition of a Stargate idea could be expanded as a method of being able to transfer troops/naquadah to each other (for those of non-supporter status) - when this is done, the other player automatically learns your address. Supporters still retain the right to send troops/naq via the existing method. I realise that this may not be a popular suggestion - perhaps someone else can think of something.

I like the idea of if someone attacks you via the gate (you must have a gate to be attacked in this way) you automatically learn their address.

Additionally - another method of obtaining gate addresses could be via a random factor:

If we know that addresses follow a standard format - i.e. 3 letters followed by 4 numbers - you could enter a random combination and see if you get through.....
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

I like the randomness Idea we could say that u could get addresses but u run the risk of losing XXXXX (to parrelle dialing to an uninhabitable planet or a black hole )
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

Amon Ra wrote:I like the randomness Idea we could say that u could get addresses but u run the risk of losing XXXXX (to parrelle dialing to an uninhabitable planet or a black hole )
A only the tarui can dial to a black hole (as though the asgurd have said the gate has fail safes installed that make it so you can't dial plants that are on a black hole) and as for the idea of getting your attackers gate address... just think how are you going to know where they came from if they attack you and win your guys arn’t going to chase them to the stargate. But if they lose then you might get a glimpse of the address just before a mine nuke goes off by the DHD.

And were did it say that we are all on a diff planet. Right now it sounds more like were all on the same planet.

And wolf359 would you PLZ look up the ward "maybe" it relly is a good ward to know
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

myFriend wrote:
Amon Ra wrote:I like the randomness Idea we could say that u could get addresses but u run the risk of losing XXXXX (to parrelle dialing to an uninhabitable planet or a black hole )
A only the tarui can dial to a black hole (as though the asgurd have said the gate has fail safes installed that make it so you can't dial plants that are on a black hole) and as for the idea of getting your attackers gate address... just think how are you going to know where they came from if they attack you and win your guys arn’t going to chase them to the stargate. But if they lose then you might get a glimpse of the address just before a mine nuke goes off by the DHD.

And were did it say that we are all on a diff planet. Right now it sounds more like were all on the same planet.

And wolf359 would you PLZ look up the ward "maybe" it relly is a good ward to know

How will the word 'maybe' help?

You've really lost me on this one!!

A for different planets - I think we are - it's just that motherships aren't really mentioned (except the Tauri have Alliance Mothership support).

And as for gaining the gate address of your attacker - I think you're being a bit rigid in your aproach as to why this wouldn't happen.
Mod Speak
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

dmwolfman wrote:Ok. Well you know the fact that the game is Stargate, kinda implies that there are stargates. You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion. I might be reading it wrong but you sounded like you think you know everything.

might AKA maybe.

and how am i beeing harsh on the gate adress, they don't have caller ID, and when they tokr'a had to dial the Alpha site they left a bomb with the power of a mini nuke behind to make sure no one saw the adress. and if you rally think about it, you would most lilkly go to every extent to save your adress, if it ment saving your world.

as for the tauri also have mini nukes that some how you never lose. last i checked you could only use a bomb once.
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

myFriend wrote:
dmwolfman wrote:Ok. Well you know the fact that the game is Stargate, kinda implies that there are stargates. You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion. I might be reading it wrong but you sounded like you think you know everything.

might AKA maybe.

Are you on some kind of drugs??
Last edited by Wolf359 on Wed May 18, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Speak

Return to “Suggestions Archive”