Get covert to the 20th century

Should covert be adjusted according to this model?

Yes, it sounds good
53%
Yes, but it needs tweaking
20%
Yes, but the replicators don't get the extra bonus
4%
No, but I admit covert needs to be improved
15%
No, covert is fine the way it is
9%

Total votes: 55
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

:shock:

Someone is actually coming up with good suggestion for replicators... very cool 8)

5% would be too powerful (though I wouldnt complain ;)) The original suggestion of 1% is perfect I think, though I dont feel like doing the math, so will take Sliepnirs word that the max damage is 20%

I still would have a problem with people changing to our race for the cheaper covert levels and think that should be dealt with too, but what you suggested would actually make the replicators have a bonus :)
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

Slep, your calculations are slightly out...you have to remember each progressive sab you are hitting a target with less weapons than before so it isnt as simple as 8 * percentage destroyed. Here is the basic firmula for anyone interested enough:

(1-P)^8 = W

Where P is the percentage destroyed in each strike, and W is the percentage of weapons remaining afterwards.

If you want to work backwards from the desired inflicted damage then use this formula:

P = 1 - W^0.125

From that to destroy 80% of your enemy's weapons (W = 0.8 ) you get P = 0.0275, or 2.75%. This gives a normal maximum of 2.2% for the rest of us non-replicators. Sounds like reasonable numbers to me, but its not my decision :)

Edit: Damn emoticon got in there :roll:
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

IcER wrote:From that to destroy 80% of your enemy's weapons (W = 0.8 )

:? Math is not my friend right now...
But... well... I thought we were shooting for 20% destroyed, not 80%... or did I misunderstand something?
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

and W is the percentage of weapons remaining afterwards.

So effectively 0.2 is destroyed, dont worry its easy to misread :D
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Ah, okay. I get it now :)

I'll just assume your right now...

So if your replicator, you can destroy 20%, if your not, then you suggested about 16.5% being destroyed (hope I did that right)

Seems fair enough I guess. I just hope Forum looks at this...
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

I Replicate wrote:Ah, okay. I get it now :)

I'll just assume your right now...

So if your replicator, you can destroy 20%, if your not, then you suggested about 16.5% being destroyed (hope I did that right)

Seems fair enough I guess. I just hope Forum looks at this...

Yeah thats right, but its easier just to divide your replicator destruction amount by 1.25...should (and does) give you the same result.
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

this is a great suggestion i hope its implemented.
NoDot
Forum Irregular

IcER wrote:(1-P)^8 = W

Where P is the percentage destroyed in each strike, and W is the percentage of weapons remaining afterwards.
Normally, I love math, but I'm going to need a bit of time to absorb this. My first interpretation is this: (correct any misconceptions)

[edit] I just tried this, and it doesn't work. Either the post is wrong, or I interpreted it incorrectly. [/edit]

Try disabling the smilies in the post.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

IcER wrote:Slep, your calculations are slightly out...you have to remember each progressive sab you are hitting a target with less weapons than before so it isnt as simple as 8 * percentage destroyed. Here is the basic firmula for anyone interested enough:

(1-P)^8 = W

If you want to work backwards from the desired inflicted damage then use this formula:

P = 1 - W^0.125

From that to destroy 80% of your enemy's weapons (W = 0.8 ) you get P = 0.0275, or 2.75%. This gives a normal maximum of 2.2% for the rest of us non-replicators. Sounds like reasonable numbers to me, but its not my decision :)

You're right, I just made a rough estimate. As the number of weapons is reduced, the damage on each progressive mission will be reduced. So just multiply by 0.99 for every mission, or by 0.9875 for replicators. In this case, assuming the target isn't buying back the weapons, it would take 1 week of relentless sabbing to destroy half someone's weapons. It's not as effective as a mass attack, but on the other hand, offensive weapons are also destroyed.

myFriend wrote:only flaw is if you have 199 you only get 1 sab. but that can be fixed with rounding. =D>

That would be a solution. But if we make the damage relative to the fully repaired state of the weapons, it won't be necessary. You'd just have to damage the weapons for a bit before sabotaging and you'd get to destroy more (oh I see the possibilities of powerful tactics here.) The only problem would be with offensive weapons, since you can't damage those. But then again, they have always been more difficult to destroy.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

I soooo love this idea!
Muhahu?!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I Replicate wrote:Seems fair enough I guess. I just hope Forum looks at this...

Me too :wink:

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

I thought about this today too... and another VERY easy fix would let the replicators 25% increase be added to total score... why because that way we KNOW we are getting it and its the only thing that you cant get by switching to replicator then switching back to another race... and right now we havent gotten the bonus as far as I can tell...

second instead of the full 10% loss of trops for sab missions replicators only lose 5% to make sab worth it... raise the max number of covert missions to 100 per day... to add a little more balance... just some quick fixes I came up with... if you like them cool if not oh well... just a thought...
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

I havent had the time to work out the calculations, but I think the overall damage needs to be at least 25% of a persons armory, otherwise all it can really do is limit growth. But yeah, great idea
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Lord_Zeus wrote:I havent had the time to work out the calculations, but I think the overall damage needs to be at least 25% of a persons armory, otherwise all it can really do is limit growth. But yeah, great idea

I'm hoping you don't mean per strike? Remember, it has to be significant, but not too powerful. You should be able to dish out some punishment, not completely wreck someone with one strike. Unless of course you keep it up and use good strategy, that way you can still use it to dish out serious damage.

Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

lol, no not in one hit, I mean combined over the 8 strikes you get ;). Why I dont think it should be much less is because of the cost of spies, not just the raw cost of 3500, by training them you lose the income they would have earned as untrained soldiers, if you cant do significant damage without costing you heaps of spies it is just an eye for an eye which makes it pointless.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”