yes
73%
no
27%

Total votes: 22
Valefor
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Magni wrote:...So why not make it so we can reward our officers for staying with us with a better income? :-)

I think, yet I may be wrong, IcER is in the beleif that commanders should not be rewarded for having nothing to lose. Risk, he mentioned Magni. If a commander can sit Scott free over night without being attacked purely because he does not earn enough money as it's going to his officers, then why should he be rewarded with more units... It's a fair point.

BUT... a C.O. should have the option to give his officers more naquadah as he/she sees fit.
Last edited by Valefor on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

It is a fair point. So.....the extra income doesn't earn you any extra unit production. Is that a fair compromise? You reward your officers without any kickbacks (except what you'd get from a 30% income)
Valefor
Forum Grunt

Magni wrote:It is a fair point. So.....the extra income doesn't earn you any extra unit production. Is that a fair compromise? You reward your officers without any kickbacks(except what you'd get from a 30% income)

The point is you reward your officers with kickbacks. Giving 50% would pretty much guarantee your safety overnight, you're officers would be please and you get 50% of their unit production. That's fantastic yeah but an extremely selfish deal in my opinion.

You also have to consider this; you're officers don't want to give 50% of their troops away?

Just to clarify though, I am in agreeance with Galactico on the original point of allowing 50% of all income to go to officers.
Last edited by Valefor on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Apophis__
Fledgling Forumer

good idea Gala, i like it :D
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Valefor wrote:
Magni wrote:It is a fair point. So.....the extra income doesn't earn you any extra unit production. Is that a fair compromise? You reward your officers without any kickbacks(except what you'd get from a 30% income)

The point is you reward your officers with kickbacks. Giving 50% would pretty much guarantee your safety overnight, you're officers would be please and you get 50% of their unit production. That's fantastic yeah but an extremely selfish deal in my opinion.

You also have to consider this; you're officers don't want to give 50% of their troops away?

Just to clarify though, I am in agreeance with Galactico on the original point of allowing 50% of all income to go to officers.

yeah but they dont even lose troops from kick backs ever anyway

and who said we want them

them being happy means help and support
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

What I'm proposing:

1) commander can set to 50% income to officers (therefore happy officers)
2) said commander gets NO MORE units than they would do if the income were set to 30% (therefore giving the extra income out of goodness of own heart)
3) I thought the commander got an EXTRA proportion of troops. I didn't think they actually ate into the UP of the officer.
4) Have a nice day.

Oh and I think its a good idea Galactico :-D
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Magni wrote:What I'm proposing:

1) commander can set to 50% income to officers (therefore happy officers)
yeap
2) said commander gets NO MORE units than they would do if the income were set to 30% (therefore giving the extra income out of goodness of own heart)
that is what i said originally but i dont know what other people want
3) I thought the commander got an EXTRA proportion of troops. I didn't think they actually ate into the UP of the officer.
no, u get an extra portion like u said and they still get all of them, they lose notin
4) Have a nice day.
you to

Oh and I think its a good idea Galactico :-D

thanks alot :-) [/quote]
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

Magni wrote:Right over in QW ETL has over 40 officers. How can he reasonably reward them all and keep them all satisfied. I know he has a high income but if he can set it to 50% then he could actually reward people who follow him.

Officers very often get attacked by their commander's enemy if the enemy is too weak to take out the commander. So why not make it so we can reward our officers for staying with us with a better income? :-)

Simple answer give them mercs. He doesnt even need to do that as he has SS
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

IcER wrote:Simple answer give them mercs. He doesnt even need to do that as he has SS

mercs you lose half their value. Very inefficient.

ss: you expect a commander to go through all his officers and give them some nag every so often every day. Thats just way too time consuming, some people actually have to work in the real world as well.

Giving a higher percent simply makes the most sense: a nice steady stream of naq. Its all still there rather than it disappearing into realm alert so there would actually be more naq circulating the game. :-D
Valefor
Forum Grunt

Magni wrote:... rather than it disappearing into realm alert so there would actually be more naq circulating the game. :-D

You know that is a very very good point Magni...
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

Valefor wrote:
Magni wrote:... rather than it disappearing into realm alert so there would actually be more naq circulating the game. :-D

You know that is a very very good point Magni...

But that doesnt neccesarily mean more attacks...

Anyway, my main point is that even WITHOUT a direct bonus in UP, the commander is getting a bonus...how? Because his officers have more naq, and hence more ability to increase their own UP, which will then give more to the commander. So in fact the commander is still better off.

Its almost not worth attacking as it is, I just want to keep the game open
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

well, i like to specify what % of my income i give to each officer, but as a compromise id like to specify, as a whole, the amount i give to my officers...
RETIRED
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

SO

the question now is do we want it to be put in, coz it would take forum about 2mins

what does every1 think ?
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

if this idea goes though then the peps with multi accounts might just get in the top 100 :smt072
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

myFriend wrote:if this idea goes though then the peps with multi accounts might just get in the top 100 :smt072

only a few

they have to get the income in the first place anyway

there could be a more advanced search put in just for the top 100

where it gets ur ip and if it finds another it suspends both accounts until u speak to forum

hows that ?

Return to “Suggestions Archive”