Commander's "Support" for his officers/Loans

Do you think that commanders should be able to optionally support their officers with naquadah?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:50 pm

Yes, I believe this would be a great addition...
37%
Yes, not only do I believe that this would be a good addition...I think I would use it regularly or at least once...
22%
Although, I think it is really great idea...i think other additions should be made first...
26%
No, I think there is a better way...
4%
No, I think this is the worst idea I have heard of...
4%
I don't really care either way...
7%

Total votes: 27
Raconar
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Confusion is starting...

nasedo wrote:On the post about keeping it so only commanders can give Naq.

:? What post are you talking about? :?

All along I planned to make it so commanders and their officers could transfer naquadah to each other (both ways...)...I am sorry I did not make it as clear as I had it in my mind... :)

I have a question for you:
If you could only loan the officer money would that sit better with you...would that solve the problem or at least part of it?
(Of course with the loan both parties would have to agree on how much naquadah will be provided in the loan, how many turns they have to return it, and what the interest rate will be)
Raconar
Forum Grunt

Thank you for your comments

Thank you for all of your comments, but I really need more than just comments. I need input and suggestions...Thank you for all you have done and all that you will do.
Raconar,

EPA Main Page
Member of the EPA.
Raconar
Forum Grunt

Too much work...

First off I decided it was too much work to create another topic so...

I had an idea...right now we have the option to sell our unuseful weapons...I believe that maybe for the "commerce" part of the game a new link could be added to the side bar...it would contain the options to post one of your weapons for so much money...allowing others to buy second-hand weaponry for a fraction of the original price and allowing the seller to make more money...the conter-efect could be that the weapon receives like 10% damage or something like that...I don't know just a thought to get everyone's creative juices flowing... :D :D :D
Raconar,

EPA Main Page
Member of the EPA.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

Re: Too much work...

Raconar wrote:First off I decided it was too much work to create another topic so...

I had an idea...right now we have the option to sell our unuseful weapons...I believe that maybe for the "commerce" part of the game a new link could be added to the side bar...it would contain the options to post one of your weapons for so much money...allowing others to buy second-hand weaponry for a fraction of the original price and allowing the seller to make more money...the conter-efect could be that the weapon receives like 10% damage or something like that...I don't know just a thought to get everyone's creative juices flowing... :D :D :D

ideea inspiered from galaxis....wright?:P
i think thet the foloing ideas are good:
1. sell yor weapons to other players...for a lower(min 90% of the actual cost of the weapon)...to prevent abuse(i have a fred that wants to help me get in top 5 and he sels me weapos for a mush lower price than i woun normaly by...this is wath i meed by abuse)
2. donate or loun(widowt interes) to yor officers a max of 20-30k Naquadah/day/officer and every user to be abel to receve a max of 20-30k Naquadah/day(this will prevent going to a searies of commanders for donations...like ...the comander of 30 oficers tels every oficer to donete him 20k Naquadah and then makes sistamaticly every oficer his commander).....idea insipered from DT...
bad ideas:
transfers ,buys,donations of turns....its a very bad idea because it can go to ubuse(exept for users that pay 5$ or wats tha suport for the game....because nowan will give 5$ for there "slaves*")...u pay 5k Naquadah for a turn(example)...that costs u 75k Naquadah for 15 turns...and if u attack a user and get 200k Naquadah then u go in profit and aford to get some more turns ...this way..u can convince a couple of yor frends to join the game as your officers ...but not to play...just to sell u turns...

*slave=user made only to help a nother user get advateges above the rest of the users....
Raconar
Forum Grunt

I see your point... Overview

We do not want any of this to become another area where the game code can be abused, etc...I was actually thinking about the attack turns and getting more in a different way, because you get so much naquadah a turn and 1 attack turn...there might be the option to trade in one turn's worth of naquadah for an attack turn...if you see any problems with this or like it please reply... :D

Commerce:

Useless/expired weapons could be sold to others of the same race at a slightly reduced price so you could make more money than you could normally sell it for, but you won't make a profit...

Support:

30k per day can be given to an officer by his commander...
(optional(all commander's don't have to support their officers...))

30k per person per day can be received
(if someone trys to give the person who already has received 30k today...it will pop up with a message explaining the situation and the money will not leave the player's account)

If the land option is added, than land could be bought and sold...but it would have to be within a maximum and minimum area...to discourage "slaves" :D or whatever they're called...

If someone is transfering commanders multiple times and getting naquadah, or whatever...he will be punished however the admin deems a fit consequence for the crime...

Additional Possibility:

Also if the land option is added, than it might be possible for the commander and officer to give each other land...
(or it could just be one way or not at all)

Please reply so I know what everyone thinks about the ideas...especially the Additional Possibility...Thank you
Last edited by Raconar on Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raconar,

EPA Main Page
Member of the EPA.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

Re: I see your point... Overview

Raconar wrote:..........there might be the option to trade in one turn's worth of naquadah for an attack turn....................

this is a good idea...but my opinion is that it must be a ferly high prise (5-7k) .... not to be abused of...;) because me..for exaple ..... get over 20k /turn...and if the pice woud be 1k then i coud get a lot of turns...;)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

i have not the time to go into this in any detail (or in fact read in any depth.. so please excuse me if this has been said) but, i thought that a Commander was simply there to ensure that his troops are good fighters and can fend for themselves (training) and also develop a kind of trust element for use in times of war, when essentially you do not want the man right next to you with the knife turning out to be your enemy. There are both real elements and also exastential elements to this of course.

i hope i didn't just bold code a typo, i expect i did.

goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

I lreally do love the idea of commerce!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”