When you run out of defense people to kill.

buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

100% pay....??? how
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

100% as in I didn't put on realm alert. Plus I sent them a message allowing them to farm me for more profits. So essentially, they got a lot more than they would normally get.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

To be honest this topic has been a bit of a doubled edged thing for me i lost a lot of untrained back in the day due to massing and i have to admit that hurt at the time it was suggested that the untrained become invunreable to attack and so it's been for a while and i think this though hleping the players rebuild has made the game stagnanat massing jsut destorys weapons and nothing else i think that untrained should be killed now (yeah i know i said they shouldn't before but people change thier minds )but i don't think they should all be killed but a creatian % should be able to die taht way newbiews with fewer troops don't stand to lose as much as established players with loads of troops .
So what do u all say the % should be :
10%
15%
20%
50%?
Personally i think 50% sounds good .Taking out half a persona's untrained force will while dealing a big blow not completley prevent them from playing .

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

That sounds way too deadly. But how about this. Maybe you could allow a special attack, retaliation, which would damage untrained as well, possibly even raid. This attack can only be executed if you have been attacked by a player within the last 12 or 24 hours, and only once until they attack or retaliate again. I love the smell of revenge in the morning :twisted:

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Possibly even set a limit of whatever their UP is as the most untrained you could destroy in a 24hr period, it means it'd hurt but wouldn't be fatal. Might be worth even having it as a limit as to what can be destroyed by all attacks against them so as to prevent the massing others are speaking of from eliminating the player.
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

Sleipnir wrote:I'm kinda glad this didn't get implemented. I have been on holiday for 2 weeks. Instead of using vacation mode, I just sold my stuff for UP, and let the troops and turns roll in, while providing my officers with 100% pay during my abcense. In addition, many people have happily farmed me while I was gone. If each one of those atacks had cost me untrained units, in the proportions used before they became invulnerable, I would have returned to fewer troops than when I left. I think my solution to vacation preparations is a viable alternative to vacation mode, especially for commanders who wish to give their officers as much as they can. I wouldn't want this to become too dangerous to execute.

Sleipnir has a good point here.
However, it seems like it is getting just slightly unrealistic. Those who have ridiculous numbers of untrained units (and no way of loosing them) will contine to get further and further ahead. Now don't get me wrong, these people have worked for what they've got and have done a swell job, its just that it becomes improbable at best that anyone will ever catch them. There just needs to be some balance point.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Yes RAID! Bring back raid!

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
hidden
Lord of Chickens

no dont bring back raid untill im number 1 in covert defence and attack
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Yes RAID! Bring back raid!

J.G.G.

NO! [-(
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
hidden
Lord of Chickens

raid was taken out for a reson that reson was it would have effected me
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Yes RAID! Bring back raid!

J.G.G.

NO! [-(

Why?

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
hidden
Lord of Chickens

then ppl like me will lose untrained and the strong will stay the strong the weak will never catch up if ascention doesnt hurry
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Or it will give people the chance to strike those who sit around building u.p. and nothing else, as at the moment, it's just whoever has the highest u.p.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
hidden
Lord of Chickens

that will ruin all the farms
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Or it will give people the chance to strike those who sit around building u.p. and nothing else, as at the moment, it's just whoever has the highest u.p.

J.G.G.

Exactly, those who aren't at the top would have an indirect route to the top.

Going back to what wolf and others have said. Lets say you have your defensive group out defending your base. When an opposing army comes and wipes out the defenive personell, are the rest of the base personell just going to stand there and let enemy troops run rampant around the base. I think not. Once the defensive troops are killed, the attack troops, untrained troops, and the spies would be the next link in the chain. They should defend at a disadantage cause they are doing something different than what they were trained to do, but they should defend nonetheless. It makes sense that they would defend their base from an onslaught.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”