The bible

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Liv4Christ
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

ok, some of you people need to go to Church. the bible is right no mater what you say so there!

P.S. Orici how can you call your self a christian ?
Afentius
Forum Intermediate

liv-4-christ wrote:ok, some of you people need to go to Church. the bible is right no mater what you say so there!

I didn't think he did, nor does he consider himself one.
Osi
Forum Addict

liv-4-christ wrote:ok, some of you people need to go to Church. the bible is right no mater what you say so there!

The Bible is a bunch of fictional stories composed to make us recognize our basic sins/flaws. Very little of it is True. I believe in God, I believe in afterlife. I am Catholic. But the fact is that most of the bible is fake. If Adam and Eve were the first humans and they only had 1 surviving son then where did we come from? Insest? I thought that was wrong. Also the variety of genes in our dna is huge as are the variety of disorders and illness if all human diseases were passed down by adam and eve then we would have died out years ago. Adam and Eve are a parable to teach us of our sin not fact. Give me proof of their existance and I'll believe you.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.

the proof is in the bible. and the bible didn't say that Adam and Eve only had 2 boys. and can you show me poof that it's not real and a bunch of fictional stories......NO! you can't
Liv4Christ
Forum Grunt

that was me
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things."
Osi
Forum Addict

is their any historical proof? The Dinosaurs disprove Creationism as does the Permian extinction. Need I go on? The Flood story has been passed down from religion to religion over 10000 years, and The Great Flood wiping out all but 2 animals of each species? What about the asexual ones? what about bacteria? how could every animal migrate to the middle east in two weeks? Prove that and i'll believe you.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.

Orici wrote:is their any historical proof? The Dinosaurs disprove Creationism as does the Permian extinction. Need I go on? The Flood story has been passed down from religion to religion over 10000 years, and The Great Flood wiping out all but 2 animals of each species? What about the asexual ones? what about bacteria? how could every animal migrate to the middle east in two weeks? Prove that and i'll believe you.

by the will of god all things are possible
Liv4Christ
Forum Grunt

that was me
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things."
Osi
Forum Addict

Hmm well since you can't disprove a fanatic i'm out anyone else want to sumbit some evidence?
Afentius
Forum Intermediate

Orici wrote:

The Bible is a bunch of fictional stories composed to make us recognize our basic sins/flaws. Very little of it is True. I believe in God, I believe in afterlife. I am Catholic. But the fact is that most of the bible is fake. If Adam and Eve were the first humans and they only had 1 surviving son then where did we come from? Insest? I thought that was wrong. Also the variety of genes in our dna is huge as are the variety of disorders and illness if all human diseases were passed down by adam and eve then we would have died out years ago. Adam and Eve are a parable to teach us of our sin not fact. Give me proof of their existance and I'll believe you.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply... remember, I'm not a Bible scholor, I just know a few things.

Yes, They had children; Cain and Abel (sp? I'm tired) commited incest with their sisters. However, it wasn't directly condoned by God at that time, there was nothing wrong with it at the time, and is how the human race got started. But then sin started corrupting things, and because of medical defects/deformities started occurring, God put into place laws saying that it was wrong, for our (human's) well-being. Remember, also that diseases and whatnot are a result of sin and are not apart of the perfect man; yes, Adam had all the genes that all humans have. He had to, science has proven INNUMERABLE times that you cannot create from a pool of genes new genes.

I shall check this often, and reply as my limited knowledge; I am not a Christian, but I know far, far too much to have any fanticies in the least that the belief of evolution can be even remotely possable

-Michael
cmd903
Forum Newbie

you all talk about the bible like it's fiction. it's not, there have been many cases of people proving the bible by retracing the steps the people take in the bible and they have found scientific evidence of how most of this stuff happened, but it was extremely rare that it could have happened, and that is where God comes in. i don't appreciate people talking about the bible like it is fiction. i am perfectly fine with people voicing their opinion about something, but DON'T EVER do it offensively as you obviously have. and talking about history isn't getting off-topic, because you need to know the history of the time that the bible takes place in order to understand the events that occured.
Afentius
Forum Intermediate

Anonymous wrote:the proof is in the bible. and the bible didn't say that Adam and Eve only had 2 boys. and can you show me poof that it's not real and a bunch of fictional stories......NO! you can't

also orici, what Live4Christ here is trying to say, you weren't there. Only God, and these 2 ppl with their children, were. however, its easier to prove than evolution; evolution is only 60 years old, while the Bible (With the Dead Sea Scrolls to prove, along with numerous other findings) has been written by real people, proven that they exist by skeptical evolutionists looking for evidence; they find old cities exactly where and how the Bible explains them
Osi
Forum Addict

I never said all of it was fiction but most of it is. The New testemant can be proven. And Historical facts can be found int eh old testament but most of it up untilt ehy began talking about Eygpt is a collection of stories put together to teach us about our morals.
Afentius
Forum Intermediate

Orici wrote:I never said all of it was fiction but most of it is. The New testemant can be proven. And Historical facts can be found int eh old testament but most of it up untilt ehy began talking about Eygpt is a collection of stories put together to teach us about our morals.

I have attempted to prove all my points; that didn't have a point other than to say that you don't believe. Why? To be honest, I dont' believe either; but if I really think about it, its all true. And I know it.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

lol..not one of the best fiction books ive read..but it would make my top 100 i think.. :-D

as for a true nature of fiction or fact...its a load of pig swallop...the majority of the events in the bible are either impossible....can be proven and linked to another event for which people at the time did not have the understanding to believe...you could argue..wow a 2000 year old book that has withstood the testement of time...ok...egyptian gods...3000years+...not to mention the fact that anything refering to god doing anything is nonsence..as if god truly does exist it must be perfect...(yes i say 'IT' gender is a sign of imperfection..despite the fact each gender that should read this would more then likely wish to claim theres is indeed otherwise) hence if it is perfect it cannot effect ANYTHING imperfect..as to do so..it would have to become imperfect to effect our imperfect plane of existence..no longer being perfect...also on this note..how can god be omnibenevolent..and not omnimenevolent..to be perfect god has to be both..

i think it was a.j ayre that described god (his ontological argument) as thinking of the most perfect thing you can..and then god would be the next level up...so more perfect then the most perfect thing would could conceive of...another point to make that god appearing to..elijah was it? with the four faced angels..and the big crystal dome..could not of happened...NO! never! dont be silly! so...id say..bible = fiction...

sorry for the philosophical blow there chaps...i was stopping into read my book thread and i ran into this and im VERY..enthuseastic about arguing against religeon..(and then bible) i do beleive that god could exist (though to make a point..im not sure..nor at this point in my life to bothered..anyone of my age to make such a descision so early i veiw as silly and very premature) but if god does exist..church etc etc is pointless as it cannot hear, or do anything for us..and i beleive that if god does exist out relationship with it..is personal..not public like church dictates...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “The Book Club”