Spy Level Limit

MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

I think it's a good idea.

The guy who brought me to this game is a high level player has a Strike of 120 million, a Defence of 300 million and a covert of 1.5 BILLION. And he is ranked higher in defence, and is pretty much the same rank in defence and covert.

Plus he's tauri.

To me, this is obviously an imbalance, seeing how one part of the game is so much more needed to gain rank than the other parts.

My last covert level cost 49million naq, and i'm only at covert power of 50 million, and ranked in the mid 1500's. And the bank is pitifully small compared to how much it costs (it doubles in cost, unlike UP) to buy the next level. I also needed to use about 150 attack turns to get that much naq.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

And another point I forgot to make before...

Limiting Spy Level would also mean limiting the cheats who seem to rush past the others in the game to gain incredible spy levels due to suspicious circumsances.

If there was only so far you could go with covert, like there is with any other seige technology, the chance of people feeling the need to catch up by all means nessacey would depleat greatly.

Everyone in this game should have equal oppertunities, not just those who've been playing for over 4 months.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Nuto, your asking for equal rights...but your equality creates a major loss for Replicators and people who sab for a living...

IF there were "spy weapons", then limiting their level would be fair...but as it is, it isn't.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Mango
Forum Intermediate

How about if you capped spy levels at 25 but replicators could get the awe inspiring level 26 or they could have a cap of level 30 (I dont know the specific % difference between levels so giving an exact level advantage is impossible)

This way replicatiors would have an advantage noone else could get BUT it wouldnt be overwhelming
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

the replicators all ready have an advantage in spy. an extra spy tech. but i would not mind an extra lvl or 2 for the replicators (each lvl doubles the effective ness of spys)
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

I can see the arguments for both sides here - however:

If there is a limit on spy levels (say level 25) it would mean that we wouldn't see as many people constantly in ppt (I don't know about you lot, but it is getting quite tedious!) - as the main purpose of ppt is to get spy levels and you are untouchable while doing it. Additionally - even with a limit, covert skill can still be increased by training more spies. This would make playing the game more strategic (rather than simply paying $10/$20 and sitting back for a day or 2) as by training more spies, you decrease your untrained, therefore decreasing you naq/turn.

This suggestion would add more of a challenge to the gameplay, and although Forum dude would no longer be getting cash for people in ppt trying to get spy level 26+ - there would still be sufficeint income from those still trying to achieve level 25.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

u no not everyboidy goes into SS/PPT for spy levels....why should they pay the price?
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

I didn't say everyone did go into it for spy levels - and how would those who didn't go into ppt for spy levels pay a price? - surely it would not affect them?
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Ah, but unfortunately if the levels were to be capped, so would the effectiveness of covert skills be limited. True you say that spies can increase the total power but would the difference be sufficient for normal covert abilities to be useful (such as hiding your naq and army size).

J.G.G.
something to think over
Revolutionary
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

WhiteyDude wrote:Nuto, your asking for equal rights...but your equality creates a major loss for Replicators and people who sab for a living...

IF there were "spy weapons", then limiting their level would be fair...but as it is, it isn't.

/Whitey

How does anyone sab for a living?
The only thing gained by sabbing is loss... so that comment doesnt really make sense.

XIZOR
Forum Regular

i looked over this topic and think it is the worst idea ever.....sorry to offend anyone
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Ah, but unfortunately if the levels were to be capped, so would the effectiveness of covert skills be limited. True you say that spies can increase the total power but would the difference be sufficient for normal covert abilities to be useful (such as hiding your naq and army size).

J.G.G.
something to think over

You've made my point for me JGG - it would take more strategic playing to get ahead - i.e. choosing the right time to sacrifice untrained for spies - I didn't say you would get something for nothing! :-D
Mod Speak
brothercrit
Fledgling Forumer

this is just an idea but how about instead of being protected, when a player donates they gane turns, instant amount of naq and an hours protection in order to allocate it. now if say you were to donate $10 you would get say 250 turns and 1/2 of your daily naq amount in 1 lump sum whick would be protected for an hour. ie if you made 150 mill a day you would get a 75 mill lump sum which would be protected for 1 hour. you would still be free to earn your 150 mill through normal means. but the protection would end after an hour. Now maybe we should give more turns than i suggested that is just a figure i popped out of my head. Bottom line forum needs some method of reward to get people to donate as this is his income. But we also need a reward that doesnt take skill out of the game. This way people get a naq boost, they get turns, but they can no longer hide behind there credit cards meaning everyone is fair game. On the downside a player could buy several of these in a row and get a spy lvl instantly. so a limit of 1 a day would have to be inforced that way the sum total would be larger than there holding site so a player would be forced to use that naq.

These are just a few ideas..personally i think it could put the gameplay back into the game so i would like honest feedback. if you find a flaw in it say so. but unless we come up with a decent alternative for forum to make an income but allow the skill to be put back in the game. we will be stuck with the same problem.

BrotherCrit
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Ah, but unfortunately if the levels were to be capped, so would the effectiveness of covert skills be limited. True you say that spies can increase the total power but would the difference be sufficient for normal covert abilities to be useful (such as hiding your naq and army size).

J.G.G.
something to think over

You've made my point for me JGG - it would take more strategic playing to get ahead - i.e. choosing the right time to sacrifice untrained for spies - I didn't say you would get something for nothing! :-D

I'm not too sure if it would still work though...

BrotherCrit wrote:this is just an idea but how about instead of being protected, when a player donates they gane turns, instant amount of naq and an hours protection in order to allocate it. now if say you were to donate $10 you would get say 250 turns and 1/2 of your daily naq amount in 1 lump sum whick would be protected for an hour. ie if you made 150 mill a day you would get a 75 mill lump sum which would be protected for 1 hour. you would still be free to earn your 150 mill through normal means. but the protection would end after an hour. Now maybe we should give more turns than i suggested that is just a figure i popped out of my head. Bottom line forum needs some method of reward to get people to donate as this is his income. But we also need a reward that doesnt take skill out of the game. This way people get a naq boost, they get turns, but they can no longer hide behind there credit cards meaning everyone is fair game. On the downside a player could buy several of these in a row and get a spy lvl instantly. so a limit of 1 a day would have to be inforced that way the sum total would be larger than there holding site so a player would be forced to use that naq.

These are just a few ideas..personally i think it could put the gameplay back into the game so i would like honest feedback. if you find a flaw in it say so. but unless we come up with a decent alternative for forum to make an income but allow the skill to be put back in the game. we will be stuck with the same problem.

BrotherCrit

I think that the proportional bonus would be much more enticing than the original fixed amount, but I don't think know how much would still entice the donators. Perhaps more like a full day's worth.

Perhaps other things can be offered for donating such as upping the bank turns, altering the loitering and maybe lengthening the time before you get logged out.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

BrotherCrit wrote:this is just an idea but how about instead of being protected, when a player donates they gane turns, instant amount of naq and an hours protection in order to allocate it. now if say you were to donate $10 you would get say 250 turns and 1/2 of your daily naq amount in 1 lump sum whick would be protected for an hour. ie if you made 150 mill a day you would get a 75 mill lump sum which would be protected for 1 hour. you would still be free to earn your 150 mill through normal means. but the protection would end after an hour. Now maybe we should give more turns than i suggested that is just a figure i popped out of my head. Bottom line forum needs some method of reward to get people to donate as this is his income. But we also need a reward that doesnt take skill out of the game. This way people get a naq boost, they get turns, but they can no longer hide behind there credit cards meaning everyone is fair game. On the downside a player could buy several of these in a row and get a spy lvl instantly. so a limit of 1 a day would have to be inforced that way the sum total would be larger than there holding site so a player would be forced to use that naq.

BrotherCrit

another good idea. go bc!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”