re: turns/turn ; superweapon bidding ; ascended attacks

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Zhuge Liang
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I love this game, you get punished for being the best! Hope it works out ok admin!
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

The CoP leaders have discussed this..and come to an agreement.

As the only group who have actually tried to make the ascended server succeed instead of turning it into a glorified 'bonus giver' for main accounts, I'm afraid we will make our response known soon."
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

WTH?!

I put a few months of work into my account and now I'm ranked above 200 and now everything stops... that's utter B.S.!

If other players who aren't playing and aren't making use of their turns why should everyone who has made use of their turns to grow be penalized?! I'm no where near the size of the no 1 - 100 players and I'm being penalized just the same! This update is OVERLY harsh!

If you want to increase participation in the game and make it more fair to those who don't play, make the max turns go up to 5000 or something, don't stop time!

Furthermore the superweapon should be removed entirely. You've given us enough tools with the other attacks in ascension to finish people off, we don't need a super weapon! Heck, just today I saw a medium size player take town someone in the top 25 without the superweapon.

Next on the point of descension I do like the idea of it being 5x max life force, that does seem fair. If I pump in lots of LF into MLF, then I should be rewarded as such.

Sorry for being snappy at the beginning of this post, however, with one fell swoop you've managed to alienate 90% of the people who actually play ascension!
BELISKNER
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lone Wolf ~ Ex-Dirty Dozen
Race: Ancient
ID: 6116

I echo what Smoosh said.

I put a lot of work into Ascension and some 3day old nub could whip my account in one fell swoop. . .

So much for strategy and patience.
We Fought Together, We Died Together

Play NOW!!

Dirty Dozen - The End of an Era
GunZ
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Genesis
Race: System Lord your God
ID: 1902907

Jason...I have never once complained about any change in any of the 4 servers . I indeed have defended your efforts and I generally like your attempts to balance the game.

But this one is different. I am sure your intentions are good but for goodness sake...to punish acheivement ? It goes against everything in the game. I only ascended 3 months ago and I have sacrificed my main account to strengthen myself in ascencion . I am at my rank for one reason...I PLAY THE GAME .

Quit listening to the whiners that **Filtered** about the '' powerful'' . My answer to them is quit complaining and PLAY THE GAME.

Regardless of what COP decides I will leave all SGW servers if this stands. Balance is good...punishing hard work and sacrifice is folly. If that is the new direction of the game I want no part of it.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
thicks
Forum Irregular

All I can say is this is one really r.s update.

I am rank 551 or so and of course I am 'too powerful' to be considered to be allowed to earn dmu, planets, lifeforce etc.

hell I might just sell off some strike and that and go down the ranks so I can be considered to be weak and in need of dmu.

There should be absolutely no reason to be seen to be tying anyones hands in any way - of course I would love to have a nice ascended account like the big ones - but WTH I started playing long after they did so why should they be penalised for it.

This update should be reversed and reversed immediately.

The big players already have a limit - it is called the 2K at limit - they dont need any more.

Or if you really wanted to you could introduce a virus that instead of killing off planets - they revert to guided planets. have a ratio mix that must be kept.

But this is one very stupid 'downdate' it is not helping anyone.

Oh get rid of that stupid 'ascended superweapon' while you are at it.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

I think the dmu/turn production is stuck for everyone guys.. like hes not finished tinkering with it or something.
thicks
Forum Irregular

Well you would of thought he would of tested it on the test server before introducing it onto this one. That is what I would of done.

This update really is not about making it a fair playing field at all - it is just to pander to the whiners and complainers about 'they have bigger accounts then me, boo whoooo'

The higher rank people have put in the hard work to get where they are - so why should they be penalised.

oh well I need some DMU might go raid some of the people earning it.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Hm, I see that admin is serious. I actually thought this might be a joke or something.

I don't like the idea of a top-heavy ascension server particularly when the costs of descension are high and it seems like it's pretty easy to accomplish it currently (not that I've actually done it myself).

However, I don't think that artificially crippling the higher ranked players is the way to go either. I play ascension actively but I've only ascended once and have a fairly weak ascended account. As much as I'd like the opportunity to shoot ahead, it's really not fair to the guys who have been playing for 2 years or more.

Anyway, if your attempt was to help noobs, I'm ranked 1700ish and the turn counter has stopped for me. The black hole sucketh too much, I think. ;)
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Well if that's going to be the update, I'll quick ascend my remaining ascensions then hit vac mode in ascended. No point in playing when some little 1month old scrab ball account can just suddenly appear with the superweapon and clean out my account.

I mean, DD has spent ages working on ascensions. People complain that we're a super power in ascended, and my response? "D@mn straight. We sacrificed trillions of naq and millions of UU to power our ascended accounts. We better be the super power up there." For ages people laughed at me and my fellows saying there's no point in playing ascended, just quick ascend and get your bonuses. But I kept on with my power ascensions. Finally descension comes out. "HA! See? All that power ascending paid off." Now this update? Someone who quick ascended and logged into ascended 3 times will suddenly appear with the superweapon then splatter me across the board then got "HA! Quick ascending paid off."

You want to fix it?

Get rid of the ascended superweapon. The superweapon has been an absolute nightmare since it was introduced. The minute the new updates came in I sold my strike. Why? Because being highly ranked does nothing but make you a target for the superweapon.

Make descension less of a joke. So someone spends 30 days quick ascending and then doesn't do anything with their account. They reap the main benifits and don't do anything in ascended. So when someone gets POed at them, they go to descend them. So they lose their 30%. Big whoop. They still have the ascended weapons, which is what really makes an ascended account in main. Do something more with descension.

Make descension easier. So the same situation, they ascended and left it. So all that ALF is built up. Now it's almost impossible to descend them because it'd be a waste of turns.

This is utter bullcrap.
~An extremely POed Hensenshi
Lord-RahL
Forum Expert

Nooffence forum but damn... if you wanted me to quit playing all you had to do was ask ....

RahL
Prior Or Ori
Fledgling Forumer

GunZ wrote:Regardless of what COP decides I will leave all SGW servers if this stands. Balance is good...punishing hard work and sacrifice is folly. If that is the new direction of the game I want no part of it.

word.
I was already considering quitting for a couple of months now and hadn't because I was enjoying the ascended server and had started playing it more and more. This might be the final push i needed to move on to elsewhere.

and even if the turns are stopped/limited, why should life force and dmu be completely bunked out.... just bad all the way around.
Alpha Councillor

The meek shall inherit SGW....
Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

Prior Or Ori wrote:and even if the turns are stopped/limited, why should life force and dmu be completely bunked out.... just bad all the way around.

As it has been said a few times, complete turn stopping is merely a bug. How about we give the update at least a shot when it is functioning correctly before completely condemning it? :?

ID=60881
[DDE] Bastion
Forum Intermediate

Munchy wrote:
Prior Or Ori wrote:and even if the turns are stopped/limited, why should life force and dmu be completely bunked out.... just bad all the way around.

As it has been said a few times, complete turn stopping is merely a bug. How about we give the update at least a shot when it is functioning correctly before completely condemning it? :?

Because, unlike some people, we worked hard to get where we are now at on ascended, and now get shafted because of it...
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

[DDE] Bastion wrote:Because, unlike some people, we worked hard to get where we are now at on ascended, and now get shafted because of it...

*beavis voice on* heh heh...heh heh...she said "shafted"... heh heh...

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”