Ashraks

Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
ID: 0
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

The game is effectivley a spy game i'am sure the designer didn't intened this but when someone no matter how powerfull attacks you u lose naq and might lose some weopons but sabotage takes them all out and really losing a little spys ins't worth much , something needs to be implmented to limt the power of spying the ahark wouldn't be it cuz it would just be another form of spying .
RA

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Furling
Forum Newbie

i agree, the assassin is not the way, the spy power should be reduced, and the attack should become more powerfull, like when we attack, if we´re more powerfull than the enemy then we should take naquadah and some spoils of war, like wrecked weapons, the ones that we´re being used by the enemy casualties, and talking about casualties, i think they should be more i attack lots of ppl, and only see them having 1 or 0 casualties, whats that?

Amon Ra wrote:The game is effectivley a spy game i'am sure the designer didn't intened this but when someone no matter how powerfull attacks you u lose naq and might lose some weopons but sabotage takes them all out and really losing a little spys ins't worth much , something needs to be implmented to limt the power of spying the ahark wouldn't be it cuz it would just be another form of spying .
RA

It should be set to something like 4 sabotage attacks and 6 spying attacks per day, or 10 sabotage and 15 spying attacks per week
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Furling wrote:i agree, the assassin is not the way, the spy power should be reduced, and the attack should become more powerfull, like when we attack, if we´re more powerfull than the enemy then we should take naquadah and some spoils of war, like wrecked weapons, the ones that we´re being used by the enemy casualties, and talking about casualties, i think they should be more i attack lots of ppl, and only see them having 1 or 0 casualties, whats that?

I think there should be a way to lower covert power. I also would like to see more effects from attacks (such as loss of weapons to the winner). However, I can tell you that as your army gets bigger you'll suffer more casualties don't worry :x

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:However, I can tell you that as your army gets bigger you'll suffer more casualties don't worry :x
u got that wright....aldow i didnt lose more than 1....and i have a verry big army...:P....

so wath is going to hapen....will the idea of Sleipnir be implemented or not?....or will covert action be reducet....but if this is the case(covert action reduced) then u must have the chance of not losing any spys on yor misions....i mean...u alwais lose spys...it dosent meter if the wan u spy hase 1 covert action or 1000..iven if u sab 100 times every time u lose spys...and a fix nomber of spys...its not wright....
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Sleipnir wrote:
It's like this, there's 2 ways to get to the top:
1: Get more than the guy above you.
2: Make the guy above you get less.

With the spies, 2 is impossible.

Apparently it is possible to sabotage someone with a higher spy level - you just need to use enough spies.

My head hurts!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:
Sleipnir wrote:
It's like this, there's 2 ways to get to the top:
1: Get more than the guy above you.
2: Make the guy above you get less.

With the spies, 2 is impossible.

Apparently it is possible to sabotage someone with a higher spy level - you just need to use enough spies.

My head hurts!

What I meant is, with sabotage, you can make someone drop in offense, or in defense. However, there's no way to reduce someone's covert ranking, unless they do it themselves, sending spies on suicide missions.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

ok we saw a lot of users opinion on this...now we need a oficial response or it is useles to talk animore...:P
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I don't understand why there aren't more people interested in this. All of those who were sabotaged by damob's multi or the tok'ra, you must want to have a way of retaliation.

Currently the spies are untouchable, and so are the players who sell all of their weapons and hide behind spies alone, sabotaging the weak and trying to bully people out of alliances.

Opinions people

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
ArcticDragon

i'm with you. it makes no sense to me that the only time spies are vulnerable are when they are on the offensive, and its hard to defend against them.

they need to be attackable, just like Sleipnir said, a long ways back.

-ArcticDragon
nasedo
Forum Grunt

I was having a look at Kings Of Chaos and they have something called a "Sentry", I only looked at this game breifly but it seems to be a sort of defense against spies

At the moment our spies can attack and defend so to speak so having alot of them is to the benefit of everyone BUT if you have spies for attack (recon/sabotage) and sentries for defence then it forces those people who would normally sit back and hide behind a massive wall of spies to spend there money on other things so people can no longer have outrages amounts of covert action scores.

I know it doesn't kill the enemy spies but its a better way of keeping the game balanced IMO otherwise it will just be another form of attack.
The sentry way spreads of the Naq spenditure more evenly I think.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

At the moment I'm more worried about the guys that have completely sold out of the game. They no longer have any weapons to damage. They use all their naquadah on saboteurs. All they have is spies. They keep going around taking other people out of the game. They remain untouchable while their targets, and anyone else for that matter, are powerless to stop them.

THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer

As much as I hate to admit this, we do need a way of being able to lower a player's covert rank, just like we can lower the strike and defense ranks. All the power is in covert these days, and with no way to lower people covert (other than through their own doings) it makes it very hard for the little guys (i dont mean me) to get into the game. ESPECIALLY when we have idiots targeting the little people for no other reason than their race.

Be careful of who you choose to attack. Choose wrongly, and face the wrath that is THE SAZ.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Quite right - a method is required to reduce covert rating as currently it is untouchable.

plus, all this covert thing is back to front - surely being covert tends to mean staying in the shadows and reducing chances of being caught???

So why is there more chance of success if you send 400 spies rather than 1???

Surely there is more of a chance of detecting 400 spies than there is detecting 1?

It's all back to front!!
Last edited by Wolf359 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer

Ha lol! I see your point. One spy is less easily caught, but I guess 400 can do more damage :twisted: hehe

Be careful of who you choose to attack. Choose wrongly, and face the wrath that is THE SAZ.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”