Is Ascension Broken? Almost

Suggest any improvements
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Re: Is Ascension Broken? Almost

The only thing broken about ascention is the inactivity.
urogard
Forum Elder
ID: 0

how about this, some people will hate it I am certain of it but it is reasonable, of sorts

It will make people be able to catch up but without introducing a cap as we know it.

"You have grown so powerful and certain of your untouchability that you decide to "lay back". "

In plain english. time will stop for the top 1% of players, they do not produce income nor planets, but are also unable to be attacked (nor having the superweapon used on them) since anyone attacking them would fear complete destruction by these all powerful beings.

The production of at's will let them farm for dmu and let them remain a danger to anyone but once they attack someone that being (as well as their alliance, and i think it's time to officially introduce alliances into the server since they exist anyway, though here you'd always be part of the alliance you are currently in the main server) will muster all courage and will be able to retaliate against the agressors.

I am fully aware that some people will strongly disagree with this idea since if it were implemented it would, over time, destroy their monopoly on the ascended server, since most other players would become nearly as powerful as they are and therefore become a worthy opponent. But if you think about it then this will still take a long time (one or two years at least if not more) since DD and omega pretty much "own" the first 3-4 pages with a huge power gap (1% of players is currently only 40 players, a bit over 1 page).
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

I like your thinking, and your ideas on the alliance topic, however, the people that this would effect have worked hard to get to where they are and they deserve to be there and do not deserve to be stopped from doing that.

If this happened I am almost sure that some of the top accounts would stop playing the game.
urogard
Forum Elder

Hells__Angel wrote:I like your thinking, and your ideas on the alliance topic, however, the people that this would effect have worked hard to get to where they are and they deserve to be there and do not deserve to be stopped from doing that.

If this happened I am almost sure that some of the top accounts would stop playing the game.

And i'd completely understand them.

But me, and many others, know too well that putting in caps won't solve the problem. There has to be some reasonable way to let others catch up (such as increasing the app/lf conversion ratio to put more balance on ascencions again). Of course by catching up i don't mean to make the others as powerful as the top 2 accounts but make it that the server isn't in a TOTAL monopoly and that people have a chance to compete.

If in a game a player managed through normal gameplay (so cheats and $$ excluded) to become untouchable then the game mechanics are BROKEN. And putting this untouchability onto skill is completely bollocks because you can't tell me, and you know it, that out of 4 thousand people only 2 knew how to play something and became several thousand times more powerful in terms of size and growth than about 99% of the server and the other 1% still being several hundred times smaller than they are.

But independently of my previous suggestion i'd really want to see alliance membership being juxtaposed onto the ascended server, since in effect alliances do exist there so it will just save people alot of trouble
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

This may also sound unreasonable to some, but what about the higher your rank on ascended, the less APP you get. Since ranks are based on influence then the larger guys suffer a bit. Im not sure on the numbers.

Yes some people may say, "oh but the top people dont need to ascend anymore, they can take care of themselfs". Thats true, but you will be able to get more APP than them easier, and now there is more naq and uu floating around anyway, its easier to build bigger UPs than ever before.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

July 18, 2007
DMU to Life Force Conversion Rate
When a specific number of overall planets are reached, it becomes more expensive to get Life Force via DMU. That number is quite large - right now set to 700million. With that much of an empire to manage, your life force is spread over a wider area, making it more expensive, because it is less efficient, to infuse yourself with such power via the DMU.

Is that not enough for you? In 6 months time, the top 10 accounts will be ranked at the very bottom of the rankings with this new update. Is that not enough for you? Is it not enough that all of the hard work that people like myself and Mojo Rising will be completely useless in 6 months? You want more restrictions then?
urogard
Forum Elder

Hensenshi wrote:Is that not enough for you? In 6 months time, the top 10 accounts will be ranked at the very bottom of the rankings with this new update. Is that not enough for you? Is it not enough that all of the hard work that people like myself and Mojo Rising will be completely useless in 6 months? You want more restrictions then?

Thanks for pointing this out to me for i have honestly not noticed it, but if i may ask then how much less do you get now, a half? a quarter? a tenth? a hundreth? Only if i know the full effect can i evaluate this on the gameplay as a player.

and
"That number is quite large - right now set to 700million"
i doubt there are more than maybe 3-4 people to be affected by this and even so 99% of the other players will, even in a years time, have only a fraction of that amount to be affected by this.

Now to something else:
Imagine 2 accounts about to ascend for the first time, absolutely identical in strength. Then over time they manage to find identically good raiding targets in ascencion and notice that by doing big ascencions now and sacrificing their main account for the time being will let them be untouchable. So they do follow their own plan. BUT one account is in DD and to become one of the most powerful ascended players ingame, the other isn't in any well known alliance. Eventually after a long time after their first ascencion the two players accounts are compared. The second account is by no means able to compete with the second due to getting constantly raided, loosing it's defence and many guided planets, and spending nearly a month after each raid to rebuild it's defence and gives up ascending big seeing that it absolutely is of no use at all. (This paragraph carries deep meaning and I am not punching on this GA or COP crap like most of the poor superficial people do but showing that skill was, at least in the last 1.5 years, a minor, yet still existant, factor in creating a few of the accounts that will stay on the top for the years to come no matter what happens)

It's 1:25 am here planned on writing some more but just came home from meeting some friends, and i'm going to bed now
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

Unless there's something missing from that quote, I don't see the logic in how you are going to the bottom of the rankings Hensenshi. You'll still have your 700million planets and you'll still get there faster than everyone else. You'll still grow past that and when others reach the 700 mill they'll grow at the same slower rate that you will. So they'll never catch you anyway.

Don't you think that when you've outgrown the game, the game needs to adapt to accomodate not only you but make it in some (very small, miniscule) way fairer for everyone else on the server? If you don't share that view then start your own game where you can grow unchecked forever.

And can we get a bit of support for Hells Angel. Every one of his APP suggestions has made complete, fair and reasonable sense and I would be happy to see them implemented.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

The problem is that no matter what the increase in cost is, over time people will naturally pass those who reached 700mill earlier. It's because the later you achieve a level, the lower your army will be in relievence to those ahead of you. Take for example charisma 200, which I reached just as I reached 100million planets. Mojo Rising on the other hand, was at 150-200million planets when he reached charisma 200. So over time, as you'll reach 700mill with higher levels than Mojo Rising entered the 700mill barrier, you'll have more growth capacity and you'll eventually pass Mojo Rising.

As for a suggestion to help limit make it so that levels after level 500 become more expensive.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Hensenshi wrote:The problem is that no matter what the increase in cost is, over time people will naturally pass those who reached 700mill earlier. It's because the later you achieve a level, the lower your army will be in relievence to those ahead of you. Take for example charisma 200, which I reached just as I reached 100million planets. Mojo Rising on the other hand, was at 150-200million planets when he reached charisma 200. So over time, as you'll reach 700mill with higher levels than Mojo Rising entered the 700mill barrier, you'll have more growth capacity and you'll eventually pass Mojo Rising.

As for a suggestion to help limit make it so that levels after level 500 become more expensive.

I dont think most people understand what your saying here Hensenshi.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Lore wrote:
Hensenshi wrote:The problem is that no matter what the increase in cost is, over time people will naturally pass those who reached 700mill earlier. It's because the later you achieve a level, the lower your army will be in relievence to those ahead of you. Take for example charisma 200, which I reached just as I reached 100million planets. Mojo Rising on the other hand, was at 150-200million planets when he reached charisma 200. So over time, as you'll reach 700mill with higher levels than Mojo Rising entered the 700mill barrier, you'll have more growth capacity and you'll eventually pass Mojo Rising.

I dont think most people understand what your saying here Hensenshi.

I know it's complicated, but I don't know of a better way to explain it. Assuming that admin is working just like he always has, converting DMU to ALF will cost 100mill or 1bill instead of 10mill. This means that in DMU, trying to buy say 450 charisma will cost a lot more DMU than when you were under 700mill. When Mojo Rising crosses 700mill army, he will not have 450 charisma, but when S T I crosses 700mill, he most likely will. When Reborn or Dead_Horse cross 700mill army, they will have even more than when S T I crossed 700mill. This means that they get a much higher head start, and with the top 10 as close as it is now, that will mean that when I reach 700mill, I will most likely have over 500 charisma, while at those costs, Mojo Rising might only be around 550 charisma even though right now, Mojo has 600million more planets than I do right now, and about 200 more charisma levels than I have. That means when I cross the 700mill army size line, I will likely easily pass Mojo in only a matter of weeks. Following that, Beliskner will do the same to me. In but a few months, Mojo Rising will be ranked around 60 instead of 1.
urogard
Forum Elder

hen, i'd get that he'd be ranked 5-6 (though i still doubt it will happen within a few months), but nowhere near 60. And the rest of the server will take at least a year, maybe more, now that guided planets are unraidable, so raiding ceased a bit for now, to reach that 700 mil barrier at which point you guys will still be at least one or two generations ahead of us.

caps dont solve the damage that has already been done and the fact that a bunch of players each have an account that they could take on the rest of the server between 10 and 100 times over, due to certain circumstances.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Hmmm if what Hen said will work... effectively there is a chance of catching the top players, however it will still take a hell of a lot of time. At least theres some progress.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Except the current cap completely destroys all the hard work that those of us at the top have put in. I'm all for giving everyone else a chance to try and catch up, but this is ridiculous. There is honestly no chance for those of us who cross the 700mill army size earlier.

Urogard, I've done the figures, made growth curves and calculated them. 1 year, and Mojo Rising falls off page 1. No matter what he does. No chance at all for him to keep rank 1. He put all of his effort into ascension. Why in god's holy name should he be punished for reaching 700mill first? The caps in main work excellently, they allow people to still grow, just require you to find a different way to grow. This 700mill cap in ascended on the other hand, completely cripples people.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

So what about a plague in ascended?

Instead it could be a 'black hole planet eating scary thing'. :-D

Return to “Suggestions”