Life force and fixing it (concept created by buck and KGC)

Suggest any improvements
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Re: Life force and fixing it (concept created by buck and KGC)

hence my priginal idea :)
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

ok buck it's a bit interesting.

However heres one that a bit more off the wall.

IN X numbers of days the updates comes in. This update places a cap on your lifeforce, what it is is 10 times the amount you can have in your reserves, anything over that amount will automaticly be spent on increasing your reserves. You are allowed being over your max ( 10x Limit of lifeforce for a week at a time) so if after a week your still over it, then another lifeforce level will be bought for you and the lifeforce removed from your account.,

So yes the game would be playing itself, but then you wouldn't have an issue where you need to hit someone 200 times to descend them. Max would be around 20 times, And before anyone says but but this is going to hurt the weaker player, meh who cares, if you log in often, you never got to worry about these limits.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

Lord_Zeus wrote:Strongly against - This is the only strategy we have left to play the game, any update which allows people to be descended easier will Only benefit dd and omega and hurt the little guys.

If you would play the game, you'd find it's actually rather hard to be descended if you're active.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
ID: 59627

Hensenshi wrote:If you would play the game, you'd find it's actually rather hard to be descended if you're active.

*Agreed
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

I play the game, I've got 16 mil lf. If you guys wanted you could just demolish the entire server, no more power to you, you've already got enough!
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Lord_Zeus wrote:I play the game, I've got 16 mil lf. If you guys wanted you could just demolish the entire server, no more power to you, you've already got enough!

You don't play. You benefit from your bonuses in main and sit on your life force in ascended.
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Hensenshi wrote:
Lord_Zeus wrote:I play the game, I've got 16 mil lf. If you guys wanted you could just demolish the entire server, no more power to you, you've already got enough!

You don't play. You benefit from your bonuses in main and sit on your life force in ascended.

Oh... no no no, of course... I didnt play to get my life force that high... And I don't play to keep it up there while people try and take it down...

Naturally that doesn't count as playing... while sitting and waiting for the dmu to roll in and never getting attacked does... oh and occasionally your turns fill up and you feel a need to destroy something to use them... yes that counts.

The servers Broken.

Its been fixed. (Nothing short of a reset will fix it properly)

Don't try and fix it more.

Stickin it to the man!
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Lord_Zeus wrote:Naturally that doesn't count as playing... while sitting and waiting for the dmu to roll in and never getting attacked does... oh and occasionally your turns fill up and you feel a need to destroy something to use them... yes that counts.

I sit and wait for the naq to roll in in main and I am never attacked other than people testing my defense, does that mean that I'm not playing main either? No, what you do is sit on your account and do nothing you have 16m lifeforce and you don't do anything with it. You don't grow, you don't strengthen yourself, you don't do anything except reap the bonuses of your main account.

Lord_Zeus wrote:The servers Broken.

No, the server was never broken, and still is not. It's more balanced than main ever was, mechanically. You just chose not to play it. As did so many others. Now instead of playing, you whine and complain about how the server is broken.
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Hensenshi wrote:
Lord_Zeus wrote:Naturally that doesn't count as playing... while sitting and waiting for the dmu to roll in and never getting attacked does... oh and occasionally your turns fill up and you feel a need to destroy something to use them... yes that counts.

I sit and wait for the naq to roll in in main and I am never attacked other than people testing my defense, does that mean that I'm not playing main either? No, what you do is sit on your account and do nothing you have 16m lifeforce and you don't do anything with it. You don't grow, you don't strengthen yourself, you don't do anything except reap the bonuses of your main account.

No, the server was never broken, and still is not. It's more balanced than main ever was, mechanically. You just chose not to play it. As did so many others. Now instead of playing, you whine and complain about how the server is broken.

18 m now, no I don't really strengthen my ascended account because I see no point when I'm at war. :-) Planets etc are a means to an end, I've got my lf and I'm going to keep it. Whether I played it or not the result would be the same. The server was designed to be an individual server, however DD just banded together and omega as well somewhat and worked as an alliance raiding whoever was profitable, now they're all at the top, completely untouchable and the server needs fixing. (Not saying you guys didnt play well and perhaps others should have done the same... but, short of dd disintergrating no one can challenge them)

Stickin it to the man!
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Lord_Zeus wrote:
Hensenshi wrote:

18 m now, no I don't really strengthen my ascended account because I see no point when I'm at war. :-) Planets etc are a means to an end, I've got my lf and I'm going to keep it. Whether I played it or not the result would be the same. The server was designed to be an individual server, however DD just banded together and omega as well somewhat and worked as an alliance raiding whoever was profitable, now they're all at the top, completely untouchable and the server needs fixing. (Not saying you guys didnt play well and perhaps others should have done the same... but, short of dd disintergrating no one can challenge them)

You seem to think that the reason DD is on top is because we raided. Infact, this is far from the truth. We ascended, as strong as we could. That's why we're at the top, not because we raided. You have to have a strong account in the first place to raid someone.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

A server reset is what is needed for the server to NOT be dominated by just a few players but it would be very unfair to those that have finished there ascensions and the same situation would prolly occur again after a short time as DD,DDE and Omega and anyone else who happens to be allied would again band together and keep anyone from gaining any real power and posing a possible threat

The main reason the server is like it is now is just because most DD,DDE and Omega members got on the server way before many others did, look at Hensenshi for instance he was the 19th person on the server

For the LF problem i still believe that a cap is needed for the natural generation of LF which can be breached by DMU conversion, at least this forces them to log and do something with there account if they dont want to be deascended with ease
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

Then how about a removal of LF channeling? If you want more than your max LF you should have to pay for it in the normal course of DMU to LF conversion, not continue to generate more over your own personal max LF 'limit'.
This would stop the obscene LF generated by inactive accounts and I doubt most active people derive any meaningful/material benefit out of it anyway compared with their conversion of DMU
High Empty
Forum Addict
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Gandalf the White wrote:Then how about a removal of LF channeling? If you want more than your max LF you should have to pay for it in the normal course of DMU to LF conversion, not continue to generate more over your own personal max LF 'limit'.
This would stop the obscene LF generated by inactive accounts and I doubt most active people derive any meaningful/material benefit out of it anyway compared with their conversion of DMU

lol i'm not too sure about that i get 50k a turn
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Gandalf the White wrote:Then how about a removal of LF channeling? If you want more than your max LF you should have to pay for it in the normal course of DMU to LF conversion, not continue to generate more over your own personal max LF 'limit'.

That wouldn't stop this issue. What happens is, people decide to play actively for a week, gather up a few million life force then just forget about their ascended account.

| Nemesis | wrote:the same situation would prolly occur again after a short time as DD,DDE and Omega and anyone else who happens to be allied would again band together and keep anyone from gaining any real power and posing a possible threat

How many times can I say this? That was not our intent. Those who got raided down were those who had planets to be raided. We did not selectively decide if they've got x ammount of planet they're too strong, we'll raid them. The reason it seems that way is that so few people played ascended, that those of us who did play were always looking for raid targets so when one came up, we hit. Look at main, plenty of people play, and raiding and farming is an everyday occurrence. If you didn't have enough def, you got raided. Daff survived the entire predicament by just having a huge defense, as did Mordack.

| Nemesis | wrote:look at Hensenshi for instance he was the 19th person on the server

Actually I was 3rd. There's no ID 17, or 15-1 that are real players. It goes 16,18,19,21,22,23,24,25 etc.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

If both a degen rate of lf and a natural cap would help with the situation of players having millions of LF and not playing

and as for daff he was massed once and raided, somebody used the assasin ability and wiped out most his defence i dont who because he didnt tell me that part

and whether it was your intent or not it happend but anyway no need to discuss this bit further as the ability to raid income planets has been removed
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!

Return to “Suggestions”