LF freezes at 2,147,483,647

Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Re: LF freezes at 2,147,483,647

Munchy wrote:Threatening Jason really is not the answer... Although yes, the bug should be fixed.

Not threatening, merely stating a point of fact.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

15 days and counting.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Well apparently I got a board warning for threatening Admin. Not sure why. I did not threaten Admin. I said bad things would happen in the server if the bug weren't fixed. Bad things as in people losing LF and getting hosed because of it. Bad things in things like people being able to close the gap faster than they would be because of lost LF, thus allowing one or more players to unfairly benefit from a bug in ascension. If the bug isn't fixed soon, he very well may have to reset the server to such time as before the bug hit. To me, that would be a bad thing and it would not FIX the problem so much as PRETEND it never happened. So if this is what I got a board warning for, then wow, I guess statements of fact are now disallowed as well. But then, I also recall a rule that states that you cannot knowingly put false information on the Forums about the server. So I can't tell the truth and I can't lie. Hmmmm, that seems to leave me very few options.
Mukasa
Forum Addict

still not fixed?! Damn this is gettin ridiculus....howcome u can't find time to fix GAME issues..as this IS a game issue....damn...there are more and more bugs lately that aren't gettin fixed...and then u'll come in 1 month and say 2 month rollback. in 5 minutes. :?

fix the damn bug already...it's extremely unfair to mojo. and giving him a warning is rather funny.considering how others threat other players and don't get a warning.
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

What makes you think an Admin would reset the server back to an earlier time for one person?

98% of the server will not be affected by this bug. On top of that, it would take an extremely long time for that to happen.
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Mojo Rising wrote:Well apparently I got a board warning for threatening Admin. Not sure why. I did not threaten Admin. I said bad things would happen in the server if the bug weren't fixed. Bad things as in people losing LF and getting hosed because of it. Bad things in things like people being able to close the gap faster than they would be because of lost LF, thus allowing one or more players to unfairly benefit from a bug in ascension. If the bug isn't fixed soon, he very well may have to reset the server to such time as before the bug hit. To me, that would be a bad thing and it would not FIX the problem so much as PRETEND it never happened. So if this is what I got a board warning for, then wow, I guess statements of fact are now disallowed as well. But then, I also recall a rule that states that you cannot knowingly put false information on the Forums about the server. So I can't tell the truth and I can't lie. Hmmmm, that seems to leave me very few options.

They should ban you ingame for saying what you did.......jeeez its a gaaame.....and guess what Jason own it.....its free to use and he can decide for himself what priorities he makes .......there are alot of things wich are alot more important then fixing your stupid 'i got to little LF bug'
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
goodie
Forum Expert

Hensenshi wrote:2147483647 is also the largest integer that PhP can understand. Although I don't understand why it wasn't just converted to a float and moved on.

*cough cough*

Im sorry, I'm alergic to Ignorance.

http://personal.goodiemania.org/2.3bil.php

Code: Select all

<?php
   $number1 = 2147483647 ;
   $number2 = $number1 * 2 ;
   echo $number2 ;
   echo "<br>" ;
   $number3 = $number1 * 100 ;
   echo $number3 ;
?>

Nothing fancy there. :o . (its even printing out a number larger than the unsigned 32bit int)

But then, why Isnt Sgw working with it?

In mysql LF will be defined as a SIGNED 32bit int. (go try it, make a 32int in mysql, and try putting a large number in, then edit it and make it unsigned, and the limit will double! :o!)

It IS an easy fix, sadly it will slow everything down in the database. (along with exponentionaly increasing the space required to store LF).

Dynamo wrote:For some reason php running on 32bit machines doesn't like that particular number.

Jason, I'm sure you're all over this, but to fix it, just add +0 to the resulting number at the end of the formula.

Courtesy of the php manual:

To force the correct usage of 32-bit unsigned integer in some functions, just add '+0'  just before processing them.

for example
echo(dechex("2724838310"));
will print '7FFFFFFF'
but it should print 'A269BBA6'

When adding '+0' php will handle the 32bit unsigned integer
correctly
echo(dechex("2724838310"+0));
will print 'A269BBA6'

Hope this helps...

Fancy. But is that the php manual? Or the comments that the public can leave behind?

Mojo Rising wrote:
Hells__Angel wrote:Jason was told at the admin meeting on Wednesday. He said he would take care of it.

Jason also said that he wasn't going to make any changes to ascension for at least two months, a day before he implemented his new update. So pardon me if his credibility with me is greatly diminished at this point. When the bug is fixed and I get my 2.2 billion LF, then I will believe him. Until then, I will keep posting until the bug is fixed, which by the way, is at 14 days now.

All the coders on the site are saying it is an easy fix. I don't know about coding so I don't know but I would have to believe them. Jason if you need help, I am sure that there are people on the site that would love to help you. I will do what I can from my end but if you keep ignoring me/us, bad things are going to start happening that you will NOT be able to fix.

Well aparently those coders are idiots. Sorry for the trouble.

^_^

<3 php/mysql (NESTED QUERYS FTW)

-Goodie
Ferra
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 39507

:shock: um ok.....
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

In any case, I think this needs to be fixed fairly soonish.

Even those of you who seem to delight in bating and riling Mojo Rising should be prepared to conceed that admin needs to look at this...
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

goodie wrote:
Hensenshi wrote:2147483647 is also the largest integer that PhP can understand. Although I don't understand why it wasn't just converted to a float and moved on.

*cough cough*

Im sorry, I'm alergic to Ignorance.

http://personal.goodiemania.org/2.3bil.php

<?php
   $number1 = 2147483647 ;
   $number2 = $number1 * 2 ;
   echo $number2 ;
   echo "<br>" ;
   $number3 = $number1 * 100 ;
   echo $number3 ;
?>

Nothing fancy there. :o . (its even printing out a number larger than the unsigned 32bit int)

But then, why Isnt Sgw working with it?

Because any number over 2147483647 is automatically converted into a float. In your code, all it did is display the float. If your code is more complicated and in your code you specified your variable is an integer, any number over 2147483647 will just stop.

Before calling me ignorant, please note that I code for a living.
goodie
Forum Expert

Yes, i do know this, this is because Php is dynamicly typed.

However i somehow suspect LF is stored in the Database, and you where citing Php as the issue.

And i dont care if you code for a living, ive seen some profesionals produce crap code, and some great code, just like those who dont do it for a living, abilt Profesionals are more likely to produce great code.

-Goodie
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

goodie wrote:Yes, i do know this, this is because Php is dynamicly typed.

However i somehow suspect LF is stored in the Database, and you where citing Php as the issue.

And i dont care if you code for a living, ive seen some profesionals produce crap code, and some great code, just like those who dont do it for a living, abilt Profesionals are more likely to produce great code.

-Goodie

Would you prefer that my coding is keeping you safe in your bed at night?

And PhP IS the issue as the database is accessed through PhP.

Anyway, we're off topic, and admin knows of this issue.

~Click~

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”