Rants

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Re: Rants

No mod will be rebuilt as Jason said simple and clear on yesterday meeting. I personally think it would be unfair to rebuild a mod for being massed for a modding. However, massing mod for doing their job is low and unfair from the community as well. You guys want respect from moderators, and I am sure if there was not such bashing from your side, there would be much better atmosphere on the forum.

But since friends of certain someone started this moaning campain, it's hard to say anything to get past wax in your ears.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
goodie
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Diamond Dust wrote:
[AK]Mystake wrote:the moderators seem to think its OK to be disrespectful the players, specifically in their tone of... typing? voice?.

In return, they expect full respect from the people.

WTH?

Don't you think that is a bit of an over generalisation? Sure the bold and italic font might seem irritating to some, but at the end of the day there's a job to do. If you wouldn't mind offering up examples/quotes, from where you think a moderator has been disrespectful to you or other players then please, do.

Over generalisation? I think not. I was told today by a mod that my PMs werent worth it to reply to. How is that not disrespect?

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:No mod will be rebuilt as Jason said simple and clear on yesterday meeting. I personally think it would be unfair to rebuild a mod for being massed for a modding. However, massing mod for doing their job is low and unfair from the community as well. You guys want respect from moderators, and I am sure if there was not such bashing from your side, there would be much better atmosphere on the forum.

But since friends of certain someone started this moaning campain, it's hard to say anything to get past wax in your ears.

Teal'auc

Hasnt it always been that way though?

-Goodie
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Dont bother defending anyone or the forum anymore louis, its a lost cause!
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

goodie wrote:
Over generalisation? I think not. I was told today by a mod that my PMs werent worth it to reply to. How is that not disrespect?

-Goodie

Understood Goodie, and I can imagine that must be frustrating, but not every moderator would have done the same. I certainly wouldn't have. So, it is a generalisation to say that all moderators do or would not give others respect.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
goodie
Forum Expert

Diamond Dust wrote:
goodie wrote:

-Goodie

Understood Goodie, and I can imagine that must be frustrating, but not every moderator would have done the same. I certainly wouldn't have. So, it is a generalisation to say that all moderators do or would not give others respect.

If the PM was relevent to you, i would send it to you or buck, and hope for a better response, but alas, i was enquring about the reasonings behind several suspect warnings. I think. (it was last month).

But your post seemed to be defending all moderators, i was simply pointing out that there are some down right arrogant mods who look down on us mere players like we look down on ants.

And i know that not all mods are bad, hell, id even call one or two of them friends. :)

And with this rather long post, i must say goodnight.

-Goodie
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Well, interesting you should bring up the arrogant mods point, thats my problem with some of them as well! Check my thread...
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

I think this is Bucks thread

Every mod is different in every situation. Stereotyping them all as disrespectful is pretty daft. Sometimes I have found one or two get a bit headdie with the power available to them and over-react, but usually they are straight up.
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler
killtacular
Forum Addict

I have never had any problems with any mod and I hope the same is vice versa. I do have a problem with Bazsy saying there isn't any mods to help out. I asked pookie how do you become a mod and was told it wasn't a good idea to ask to become one that would just have them look away at you. To make good quality post and post in a good manner. So that maybe why you can not find any. Just a thought.

And yes I still would be willing since I spend some time on here.
Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

killtacular wrote:I have never had any problems with any mod and I hope the same is vice versa. I do have a problem with Bazsy saying there isn't any mods to help out. I asked pookie how do you become a mod and was told it wasn't a good idea to ask to become one that would just have them look away at you. To make good quality post and post in a good manner. So that maybe why you can not find any. Just a thought.

And yes I still would be willing since I spend some time on here.

It wasnt me who choose they way we getting new mods. This way as the current system stands we weren't able to get enough mods really.
But as it seems this might change soon.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

I have a couple of rants that I would like addressed please.

Firstly, mods saying things and then taking it back and pretending they never meant it because they have seen public opinion, FS for instance, admits to mocking someone's health and saying he has no regrets about saying it, then 5 mins later after seeing people's opinions, says he slept on it and realised he made a mistake, he slept on it in 5 mins? come on...

And secondly, warnings, either you're giving warnings or you are handing out violations, warnings are supposed to warn people so they don't make the mistake again, to give them a chance to correct themselves, giving someone 3 warnings, which is what we are to believe is required to be banned, if these warnings are given withing 5 mins or within one post, how are you "warning" people?

It's almost like a police officer firing 3 warning shots and immediately shooting you in the head.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

I also just noticed this when trying to add someone (guess who) to my foe's list:

"You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."

This should be changed :-D
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

RepliJake wrote:FS for instance, admits to mocking someone's health and saying he has no regrets about saying it, then 5 mins later after seeing people's opinions, says he slept on it and realised he made a mistake, he slept on it in 5 mins? come on...

Sometimes you just need a few minutes to step back from a situation and see that it isn't going in a manner to which you can be proud to own. ;)

He thought about it and apologized. Let's not crucify him over it. I'm glad to see him take control of his words and be willing to accept the inevitable fallout as a result. I think we have all said things before in anger without really meaning it or gotten too close to a situation to think straight. I know I have.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

KGC wrote:"You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."

Double post:

ROFL, that's actually kinda funny in a warped way... :lol:
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

RobinInDaHood wrote:
RepliJake wrote:FS for instance, admits to mocking someone's health and saying he has no regrets about saying it, then 5 mins later after seeing people's opinions, says he slept on it and realised he made a mistake, he slept on it in 5 mins? come on...

He thought about it and apologized.

Where?

All I see is this pointless comment

FreeSpirit wrote: I will take a 2 day break from the forum as mod and will not mod the forum unless i see it fit.

Unless he see's fit... as aposed to what? modding for no reason...???
Last edited by RepliJake on Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Spacey
Forum Zombie

RobinInDaHood wrote:Double post:
ROFL, that's actually kinda funny in a warped way... :lol:

this is why:

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

Users need to be able to see what a mod says to them or in a thread. 'Not getting the memo' (for lack of a better description) doesn't float.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”