lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

Jedi~Tank wrote:In conclusion you need to focus more on your point or reasoning and not against mine. I never said anything about my war, read my post. We have enough idiots finger pointing right now, we dont need another, capish?

The game was at its best when there were allot of players. I think also you are trying to make this personal between us? Looks like it.
You just happen to be the one arguing the "cheaters will abuse this" point. Something I will always have a issue with.

I don't feel I need to focus on anything particularly since I am just backing up what admin said on page1.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

~Phoenix~ wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:In conclusion you need to focus more on your point or reasoning and not against mine. I never said anything about my war, read my post. We have enough idiots finger pointing right now, we dont need another, capish?

The game was at its best when there were allot of players. I think also you are trying to make this personal between us? Looks like it.
You just happen to be the one arguing the "cheaters will abuse this" point. Something I will always have a issue with.

I don't feel I need to focus on anything particularly since I am just backing up what admin said on page1.

Im not arguing anything, I am stating a fact. Focus on your points, not against anothers post. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Jedi~Tank wrote:Im not arguing anything, I am stating a fact. Focus on your points, not against anothers post. ;)

You are arguing against the update - I am arguing for it. That's how a discussion thread works my man ;) My point was that everything needs to be destroyable to do any kind of serious damage to anyone.

Forum wrote:the following change is being made. How it works can be discussed.

Saying it is bad for the game seems to be irrelevent and my point has been - as it seems admin also thinks (but idk for sure) - that it is a necesary step for fair gameplay among LEGIT players. That's the bottom line.
Last edited by ~Phoenix~ on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

~Phoenix~ wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Im not arguing anything, I am stating a fact. Focus on your points, not against anothers post. ;)

You are arguing against the update - I am arguing for it. That's how a discussion thread works my man ;) My point was that everything needs to be destroyable to do any kind of serious damage to anyone.

Forum wrote:the following change is being made. How it works can be discussed.

Saying it is bad for the game seems to be irrelevent and my point has been - as it seems admin also thinks (but idk for sure) - that it is a necesary step for fair gameplay among LEGIT players. That's the bottom line.

I explained why its not necessary for any players..its just about killing units and has nothing to do with fair game play. Making EVERYTHING killable is going to far outside the confines of the game and establishing more room for cheat/cheap type game play.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Jedi~Tank wrote:I explained why its not necessary for any players..its just about killing units and has nothing to do with fair game play. Making EVERYTHING killable is going to far outside the confines of the game and establishing more room for cheat/cheap type game play.
You certianly phrased it better that time. Firstly I would disagree that it is not going outside the confines of a war game but infact making it more fitting to its purpose - to annihilate.

Secondly not everything is killable though is it.. There's Ascension levels, covert & ac levels. Mothership slots. Probably a few billion UU worth in naq on some accounts for EACH of those.

To justify why destroying attack troops are important, like I've said, I can simply quote admin:
Forum wrote:With the change to bank, basicly making miners optional, and the ongoing issue of accounts able to 'hide' from retaliation by training attack units, and removing covert and def, (not especially fair ...)

What this will effectively do, is stop the 'untouchable' accounts, make lifers a bit more useful, make having a defense more useful, and make ppl think twice about their actions if they cannot hide forever :)

It's not just about "killing units". It's discouraging simply training lots of attackers.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Admin does not play, and this is brought up because players with 100-200mil armies (even smaller) want to kill off the armies of bigger power accounts cannot do it any other way. This will go from Gatewars, to covert wars now onto lifer wars, its a good idea, bad timing.

Deni
krsnik666
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Railgun

i agree i think all units should be able to be attacked and killed in some form in war there is no one that cant be killed
it will make people play more strategically instead of just building up in one spot if everything can be killed then you will have to learn how to save your units.

war is war death comes for all there's only the lucky ones with strategies that can pull out of a war with less casualties then the other (play r.u.s.e xD)
but i would like this to become an update to me i dont worry to much about it 1 Super attack is all i have.

lifer wars wouldn't last that long though sine the lifers will die out fast
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

krsnik666 wrote:i agree i think all units should be able to be attacked and killed in some form in war there is no one that cant be killed
it will make people play more strategically instead of just building up in one spot if everything can be killed then you will have to learn how to save your units.

war is war death comes for all there's only the lucky ones with strategies that can pull out of a war with less casualties then the other (play r.u.s.e xD)
but i would like this to become an update to me i dont worry to much about it 1 Super attack is all i have.

lifer wars wouldn't last that long though sine the lifers will die out fast

There are troops that cannot be killed in a war, A strike army does not bring defenders into the front lines, neither do defense units utilize strike to defend the homeworld,(unless they are called back, in which case you untrain strike and train defense) Think about it, for this update to be more than just kill the other guys **Filtered** there needs to be a broadening of the scope for this game.

Example:
**If everything is to be killable then everything should be untrainable
**You cannot have a ms only battle unless the def is 0'd- why not?
**You cannot use AC unless your attack is within range to hit the def- ok fine, uselss with the new update

Broaden the scope and make for a greater degree of attacking options to fit this properly, just wanting more units in the kill zone so the small players can kill off the big players **Filtered** is not the answer in the long run because of what it will produce in the current scheme of this game.

The best way to save units is to not war, well that would defeat the intent of this game.

Deni
krsnik666
Fledgling Forumer

i agree everything should be untrainable. supers should cost twice as much (or more) to untrain then it is to train. or increase the percentage in the market.
the small players could kill off the big players but not as much since they would have less lifers. but wouldn't it be good to give them a chance. after the first few months when or if this update comes ahead the lifer count im sure would be much smaller and it would be rare to see soo many losses coming out of there hits

but in this type of game defence is in the same area as offence since you don't need to fight through each others offence to get to the defence
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I would like to see a seperate option available for every kind of attack.

Farm- would require the strike to be above the def excluding enhancements
Raid- we have that
Spy- we have that
AC- we have that but it is conjunction with strike- would like to see it seperated
MS- we have that but it is in conjunction with strike- would like to see it seperated
Fleet battles- would like to see fleet fights seprated from ms but still used to killing planet defenses
Planetary defenses, we have those but would like to see planetary attacks back, why should those be sitting ducks?

You see where I am going with this? Broaden the scope of options.

Deni
krsnik666
Fledgling Forumer

a little off topic but yeah would be good.

i think the game needs to give the player more control of everything
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

krsnik666 wrote:a little off topic but yeah would be good.

i think the game needs to give the player more control of everything

Slightly, I had to go off topic to show what you just said..if everything is going to be killable on my account, I want control of it. ;)

Deni
krsnik666
Fledgling Forumer

it still is kinda on topic xD but i think everything should be killable and players can control and coordinate there army and resources more

back on the topic of suiciding attack units if it happens i think it should be a big ratio and have a 120 turn cap using 15 turns with every attempt so 8 hits a day and if the ratio is big then the lifers can be used up more
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Admin Jason, do you have a timetalbe for this?

Anyone know if it's being tested in Beta?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

update: it IS live on beta now.
stargatewar.com (code 911)
same details as your normal login was a year ago :)

OK - a lot of great feedback.

Most agree: defense should be zero before attackers die.
Supers are tougher than regulars.

So ....

The lifer suicide will work EXACTLY like it does now.
Except:
IF you suicide against a zero defense, attackers will be targeted AS WELL AS anti-covert.

It will be 3:1 for regular attackers.
It will be 5:1 for supers.
It will stay 2:1 for AC

It will work by percent available (in raw numbers) as well.
So for example, if one had 10 regular attacks; 10 supers and 10 AC:
someone sent 20 lifers:
7 lifers would hit regular attackers. (2 die)
7 lifers would hit supers. (1 die)
6 lifers would hit AC. (3 die)

If someone had 100 regulars; 10 supers; 10 ac
someone sent 20 lifers
16 lifers would hit regular attackers (5 die)
2 lifers would hit supers (none die)
2 lifers would hit AC (1 die)

If defense was NOT zero: someone had 100 supers attacks; 100 normal attack; 100 AC
someone sent 20 lifers
20 lifer hit AC (10 die)

I will put this into beta this week. Make sure it works :)
Then give a couple days warning on main before making it live.

ps -attack mercs will count like regular attackers. I just did not add them in as they make the example more complicated. But it will create '4 piles' of units; attack; attack merc; super attack; AC -- each with a % of the lifers targeting them.

Cheers
jason.
Don't make me use this!!!

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”