Arena related bugs go HERE

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Arena related bugs go HERE

Andy! wrote:
marshall wrote:Sol, I'm pretty sure that andy is right with his rankings by relations being reset. Both my alliance members that were KO'd also had their war relations reset and one was autobanned very quickly upon logging in after he was eliminated.

I was online when I got eliminated. Checked everything was okay, I check my rankings. They where gone, checked after turn change. Exactly the same. I did get one helpful thing though. A page of poeple on vac.

Ok just checking mine, seemed a bit wacked, i had a bunch of vacc'ed players, although i just jumped a few pages ahead and it's fine, trained a bit of attack and i could attack them all. Set a person to war or jump ahead in your pages on your list and see if it pans out normally.

EDIT
ok apparently i just had alot of now descended and vacc'ed users on there haha.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

SoL, the player Lebe was talking about was "snowman91 [[New owner]]" I'm pretty sure? He's been eliminated since, but something to look at for sure.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

ok if this has anything to do with what lebe pm'd me about, then there is nothing wrong it seems...
Lebe if this is totally different then im gonna need some clarification :razz:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Sol wrote:
Andy! wrote:
marshall wrote:Sol, I'm pretty sure that andy is right with his rankings by relations being reset. Both my alliance members that were KO'd also had their war relations reset and one was autobanned very quickly upon logging in after he was eliminated.

I was online when I got eliminated. Checked everything was okay, I check my rankings. They where gone, checked after turn change. Exactly the same. I did get one helpful thing though. A page of poeple on vac.

Ok just checking mine, seemed a bit wacked, i had a bunch of vacc'ed players, although i just jumped a few pages ahead and it's fine, trained a bit of attack and i could attack them all. Set a person to war or jump ahead in your pages on your list and see if it pans out normally.

EDIT

Okay, Its all there now I am no longer autobanned. Thanks for all your hard work SoL!
Sol
Forum Addict

Andy! wrote:
Sol wrote:
Andy! wrote:

EDIT

Okay, Its all there now I am no longer autobanned. Thanks for all your hard work SoL!

Good haha scared the **Filtered** of me for a second there. I didn't ever recall going close to the farm lists :razz: .
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lebe
Forum Grunt

There is bug in casualities, to be concrete in formula calculating the casualities.
When calculating casualities, every hit is calculated as succesfull, no mather what.

If you have enough ATs, you could take out 50Q defence with only 10Q strike. It does not mather, that attacker will be 200 times defeated, the casualities are only proportion to attacker strike and defender defences.

If attacker will win:
Attack strike 51Q and defender defence 50Q means 10M loses for attacker, 14M loses for defender

If attacker will be defeated
Attack strike 50Q and defender defence 51Q means 10M loses for attacker, 14M loses for defender.

Exaclty the same loses, no mather what if you are victorious or not. This count on destroy action and HA (did not tested the clasic strike for DMU).
Sol
Forum Addict

Lebe wrote:There is bug in casualities, to be concrete in formula calculating the casualities.
When calculating casualities, every hit is calculated as succesfull, no mather what.

If you have enough ATs, you could take out 50Q defence with only 10Q strike. It does not mather, that attacker will be 200 times defeated, the casualities are only proportion to attacker strike and defender defences.

If attacker will win:
Attack strike 51Q and defender defence 50Q means 10M loses for attacker, 14M loses for defender

If attacker will be defeated
Attack strike 50Q and defender defence 51Q means 10M loses for attacker, 14M loses for defender.

Exaclty the same loses, no mather what if you are victorious or not. This count on destroy action and HA (did not tested the clasic strike for DMU).

This is what i came up with from the calculations (standard conditions assumed):

Hunt assass/attack (mathematically equivalent in deaths):

fail:
Attacker=50 Q attack with 100 mill supers
Defender=51 Q defence with 100 mill supers
attacker looses, 306,000
defender looses, 245,098
Def 1: Atk 1.2485

win:
Attacker=51 Q attack with 100 mill supers
Defender=50 Q defence with 100 mill supers
attacker looses, 294,117
defender looses, 255,000
Def 1: Atk 1.1534

Destroy:

fail:
Attacker=50 Q attack with 100 mill supers
Defender=51 Q defence with 100 mill supers
attacker looses, 1,530,000
defender looses, 1,960,784
1:1.2815

Win:
Attacker=51 Q attack with 100 mill supers
Defender=50 Q defence with 100 mill supers
attacker looses, 1,470,585
defender looses, 2,040,000
1:1.3872

So the ratio decreases if you fail an attack (meaning you will kill less if you fail an attack), assuming standard conditions, it will of course be skewed if someone has a higher powerup than another which will help them decrease the amount of planets they need to derive the same power.
Which begs me to ask, what was the levels, planets etc you were playing with to get the answers you had? If you were using EXACTLY the same set up just slightly different attack and defence powers (with regards to how many planets you had trained), then I'll consider looking for a bug :-D
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lebe
Forum Grunt

Casualities calculated from level differences are OK, but what I mean is a greather punishment fot these who will fail.

If you fail a DM action, you will loose 4% units and defender 0
If you fail a recon, you will loose 20% units.
If you fail a destroy attack, who cares about loses? Nobody

So why there is not similar punishment for failed attacks? You fail, you should be punished and you should see the difference, because difference betwen victory and failure could be fatal.

As you have now calculated, the difference betwen succesfful attack and repeled attack is really small. Only motivation for attacker to build high strike is to save few ATs...

But look outside arena now.
Take into count, that if you are under 2B planets, you could make for example 2B planets per day at easy. So with 3 days, make 800M attask supers (70Q strike for example) and with enough ATs you could raze down any defence and when using destroy action at players with 30B planets and more....
Just these small differences in casualities in failed attacks are not enough in my opinion, if you take into caunt, that attacker will loose 400M planets and will them back in one day and defencer with 30B planets, 2B def supers and defences at 200Q will loose 100M supers, but it will take 2 or 3 weeks to cover his loses. This is the differences I am pointing at.

I only saw this in arena, because outside almost everyone is saving his planets and want to loose as less as possible. But in arena? Who cares about failed attack if differences is almost none?

Just count 30 same attacks:
Differences between victory and failure in HA action are 356K att supers or 297K def supers.
Differences between vicotry and failure in destroy are 1,78M att supers or 2,37M def supers

So ?
Is there a victory for defender even when he is able to repel the attacker? Is victory when you loose 100M supers to repel attacker and if you would not repel him, you will loose 105M supers? Attacker in this case is winning everytime, even when he is using metal sword against armored tank.
Sol
Forum Addict

This is not even a bug then, it seems (correct me if im wrong) you want to change some of the calculations to plant a more defensive state of play?
If you want someone to loose more relative to what is killed, of a greater ratio, than what they would if they win, for destroy (seeing as it's the only one) then you will need to make a proper suggestion for it.
There is no dire deaths when you are under, there is however when you reach a point in power differences were by you kill nothing, but you loose something (similar to main). Even so there is nothing like that in main, where if you go under their defence you get hammered.
Mind you, try a difference of say 6 quad power, instead of 1, and you will find a bigger difference in deaths ;).
If you are 1 quad under someones defence i hardly think that warrants mass losses on the attackers side anyway. As for destroy, considering it's an attack function purely based on destroying an opponents planets and nothing else (i would assume if you went out of your way to do exactly that, you would plan it quite well for minimal losses), i don't really see the problem with it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Playing in the way suggested would lead to the arena being 5 times longer, IMO losses are fine how they are, sure it sucks when you're being hit by it, but move on and mass them back using a strike half their defence... its what I did.

The arena needs to be short and sweet since we arent generating turns or DMU on our true accounts, no need to decrease damage anywhere.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Sol
Forum Addict

I think he was referring to outside of the arena as well...

Either way the calculations for the attacks are the same inside and outside of the arena.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lebe
Forum Grunt

Sol wrote:I think he was referring to outside of the arena as well...

Either way the calculations for the attacks are the same inside and outside of the arena.

Yes, both. While in arena it is good, to speed up the game, outside arena... it is just not nice.
I remember, that after beying 2 or 3 years inactive on ascended, I was able to accumulate 22B planets. I only imagined, if I will train them into killable staff, any acount with even 2B planets could get them only by using tons of ATs and thanks to tons of failed attacks.
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

These are how the game mechanics work, dont try and change them just because they dont suit your style of play. Adapt to the mechanics... afterall... they've been like this since I started playing back in '05.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

marshall wrote:These are how the game mechanics work, dont try and change them just because they dont suit your style of play. Adapt to the mechanics... afterall... they've been like this since I started playing back in '05.
Wholly agree.
Lebe
Forum Grunt

marshall wrote:These are how the game mechanics work, dont try and change them just because they dont suit your style of play. Adapt to the mechanics... afterall... they've been like this since I started playing back in '05.

I am pointing on fact, that 100 times defeated attacker is winner and 100 times victorious defender is looser.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”