new update sucks

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: new update sucks

that defeats the purpose of needing raw UP.
if i based on YOUR total UP, i'd either stick with officers raw UP, or nerf the UP planets.
i think most *should* agree that the your rawUP, officer total UP, UP planets as is, is the best solution... or so i hope.

it is not a 'yes/no' decision, but a 'which one' decision....

~Ancient~ wrote:It should be a percentage of your total up, as people who havent ascended will get bitten hard if they have to have a massive raw to benifit from there officers planets,
Don't make me use this!!!
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

another possible update, not decided: 'lone wolf' status - no officer, no commander, no alliance. large bonus. food for thought...

Anyone say Sniper accounts get bonus?????

Also how could you nerf the up planets anymore, they already can only give you 50% of your RAW UP, your talking about nerfing something that anyone in the game can benefit and grow from, why would you want to do that....

Why not make it that every attack/ defence planet that gives you 50bill to attack or defence, you need 1mill supers trained to make it work, this stops the 1mill attackers that have a 900bill strike....massing with no losses.......

So if you have an attack planet that has say 50bill strike u need 1 mill attackers, 75bill strike needs 1.5mill attackers etc.
Last edited by GeneralChaos on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

I agree with General Chaos if your going to limit the ability some planets have then limit them all.
cyberblade
Forum Regular
Alliance: Pi Allegiance

GeneralChaos wrote:Why not make it that every attack/ defence planet that gives you 50bill to attack or defence, you need 1mill supers trained to make it work, this stops the 1mill attackers that have a 900bill strike....massing with no losses.......

So if you have an attack planet that has say 50bill strike u need 1 mill attackers, 75bill strike needs 1.5mill attackers etc.

This idea has nothing to do with the current/proposed updates. I'll support it if you suggest it elsewhere, but please lets stay on topic.

@Forum

I think that limiting the number of officers, and tying the bonus to your raw is a viable solution, and one that will go over better with the general populace.

I don't think that "lone wolfs" should get more bonuses though. They already have the bonus of not being attached to anyone, and not being accountable for anything.
Myhill
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 56807

Forum wrote:
my goals:
1) stop the 'circles' -its a bonus on a bonus. not intented.

How about making officers only able to stay with a CO as long as they are say 1/5 or less than CO army size once they exceed this they are auto booted, don't know if it is possiable just a thought, but it would stop circles..
Fate is for those too weak to determine their own destiny.
cyberblade
Forum Regular
Alliance: Pi Allegiance

Myhill wrote:
Forum wrote:
my goals:

How about making officers only able to stay with a CO as long as they are say 1/5 or less than CO army size once they exceed this they are auto booted, don't know if it is possiable just a thought, but it would stop circles..

That would stop circles-but it also prevents a lot of players from having CO's. If you're at 100 mil army theres no one that could be your CO. I like admin's current or possible implementation better.
Defense-Forcefield
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Gladiators
Race: Ancient
ID: 44462

i like admin purpose for officiers/commander
but for lonewolf... i dunno. they could receive something like 5% income more or 5% UP more, but if they receive more than that, it would be too big. As said before, they have already the advantage of never be massed or at war due to an "alliance mate" who say something stupid on forum or steal a planet to the bad person.
DarkSchneider
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Retired...
Race: Stormtrooper chariot
ID: 0

Forum wrote:my proposed solution:
1) reverse the previous update to rely on officer raw UP only, go back to officer 'total UP' (includes planets, etc)
2) make the most you can get from an officer, rely on your RAW UP. say, 50% per officer max UP contribution.

Let me see if I understand this correctly...
If a CO gives 30% to his officers, he'll get 15% of his officer's total UP... but the UP boost he receives from his officer cannot exceed 50% of his raw UP.

Am I understanding that correctly? If so, then that sounds reasonable. It puts the officer bonus in line with the bonus received with a planet's UP. In other words, if your officer's 15% is more than half your raw UP... then boost your raw UP to receive the full bonus from your officer.
Spoiler
Currently retired. Former ID = 82518. Former member of Heavens Warriors.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

correct.

DarkSchneider wrote:
Forum wrote:my proposed solution:
1) reverse the previous update to rely on officer raw UP only, go back to officer 'total UP' (includes planets, etc)
2) make the most you can get from an officer, rely on your RAW UP. say, 50% per officer max UP contribution.

Let me see if I understand this correctly...
If a CO gives 30% to his officers, he'll get 15% of his officer's total UP... but the UP boost he receives from his officer cannot exceed 50% of his raw UP.

Am I understanding that correctly? If so, then that sounds reasonable. It puts the officer bonus in line with the bonus received with a planet's UP. In other words, if your officer's 15% is more than half your raw UP... then boost your raw UP to receive the full bonus from your officer.
Don't make me use this!!!
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

Forum wrote:another possible update, not decided: 'lone wolf' status - no officer, no commander, no alliance. large bonus. food for thought...

i can agree with the part of no officer - no commander, but not the no alliance part.

most of big ppl that are alliances less and have reached certain army size are smart enough to float in between alliance wars, or war involvments so they just continue to grow.
why should they get a large bonus ?
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

on the officer up sharing thing, i think its fine sugestion, would "restore" most of the big ups, but limit them somewhat still i think (not sure on the effect it would have on cricles).

If you want cricles gone, just mark them as "bug" abuse and give evry1 some time to break them, or just reset all the officer comander relations with a ingame notice that cricles are now baned and if any1 reforms, a ban... problem solved (be4 ppl go cryn, i m in a cricle, and yeah i benifit from it, so yeah i am **Filtered** where i eat, but if the man wants cricles gone, its the easyest way to do it..)

On the lone wolf... while its good to give some decent solo players some boost, its also something to be said about this being a game about teamwork.... and somthing to be said about snipers too i think...

@ppl still cryn over attack planets, if they are soo good, get them your self than, whats stoping you, and the rest of the game consideirng 90% are on up and income.
And attack planets are limited the same way ups are.. they only add up to 50% of your raw strike each...

Gosh i didnt know so many ppl are bothered by little old me.. and all they see is what i do now,... not the fact that it took me a year and a half to get to this point where... attack planets are actualy "usefull"...
while most of them dont even play for that long i m guessing.

and at losses ... i loose up to 200k per hit... so yeah bite me on no losses at all k?
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
Apocalypse
Fledgling Forumer

Forum wrote:<edit - sorry wolf :) >

alright - i have read everything here (yesterday, caught the other 2 pages today), and was waiting for the player meet...

what i got was:
no good agrument against this update.
mostly 'i lost UP' statements. and some about not keeping officers.

so - i am not against this update....but.... if i can accomplish what i intended, with a method less contriversial, i am willing to look at it.

my goals:
2) make raw UP important. it is a core game stat, and should not be able to be avoided to grow. an account with no power of its own, should not get all its power from others.
3) the people who do not want officers/commanders, should not be hurt to the degree that the previous setup did.
4) a commander should care about his officers, more than just 'what do i get out of it'

my proposed solution:

considering it is the planets that really affected the bonuses, the above solution accomplishes 2 things:
1) it forces you to have a decent UP to 'suck up' the full bonus.
2) it forces your officers to have a decent UP to 'suck up' the full planet bonuses.

for point 3 and 4 above, a suggestion that will be implemented, is to max officers at 5, plus 1 more for each 4 ascensions, to a max of 10.
initially, though, a max of 10 officers will be put in ...only 40 accounts have more than 10 officers.

it has been suggested that a commander, cannot also be an officer. but i am undecided on that. that alone would eliminate 'circles' even better than the above limits.

i am open to discussion on this, but unless i see strong arguments for not, i WILL be putting out the update that reverses the last update, and instead puts a new officer limit, and ties the UP bonus to your natural UP.
this method holds at least as much value as the initially launched one, as far as my goals in the update go... and if i take all aspects of the rounded solution (lone wolf, fewer officers, UP limit per officer) may even be a better one...

another possible update, not decided: 'lone wolf' status - no officer, no commander, no alliance. large bonus. food for thought...

if you want to make raw UP important then make ascensions important again. as it is you can buy more DMU for less than it would cost you to do a big ascension. big ascensions use to have a big raw UP to them, but now its pointless. but that goes back to other updates that are just horribly wrong....

or better yet just rework the officer/CO bonuses to give something entirely different than income and UP.
Apocalypse
Fledgling Forumer

and at losses ... i loose up to 200k per hit... so yeah bite me on no losses at all k?

yeah ive seen logs of your hits, more like 20K loses for you in a hit from what ive seen.
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

Grand Admiral Martin wrote:shut up coyler before i salp you, lol.

i like this update, slows bigger player growth. and if prices are going up like someone said, i havent looked for myself, that will help smaller players even more. they get the most from selling uu

wat the duice is a salp?

up circles work and is a more effective way for smaller players to grow

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Apocalypse
Fledgling Forumer

Lord Coyle wrote:
Grand Admiral Martin wrote:shut up coyler before i salp you, lol.

i like this update, slows bigger player growth. and if prices are going up like someone said, i havent looked for myself, that will help smaller players even more. they get the most from selling uu

wat the duice is a salp?

up circles work and is a more effective way for smaller players to grow

ive heard its like a slap only much more painful

Return to “Suggestions Archive”