lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

BMMJ13 wrote:If this update happens (and I stated earlier that I don't exactly agree with it), I would think that anything military that is able to be untrained should be killable, that which is not should be safe. Defense can be killed, Spies can be killed, AC can be killed. Leave miners, lifers, attack supers safe, but make attack normals able to be killed with lifers. That way the only save way to hold uu is miners. Lifering AC is ok because you can untrain the AC, same reason can be given for Attack Normals, however Attack Supers are basically stuck there waiting to die and you can't do anything about it.

I warned them..this is going to be a snipers heaven update..and I will show how its done. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Jedi~Tank wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:If this update happens (and I stated earlier that I don't exactly agree with it), I would think that anything military that is able to be untrained should be killable, that which is not should be safe. Defense can be killed, Spies can be killed, AC can be killed. Leave miners, lifers, attack supers safe, but make attack normals able to be killed with lifers. That way the only save way to hold uu is miners. Lifering AC is ok because you can untrain the AC, same reason can be given for Attack Normals, however Attack Supers are basically stuck there waiting to die and you can't do anything about it.

I warned them..this is going to be a snipers heaven update..and I will show how its done. ;)

how
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Well def supers are there waiting to die. And you CAN do something about it...buy 10/20/30/40/50 whatever def weapons. Tada, no strike supers being lost, it's not that tough to defend against...
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

xDaku wrote:Well def supers are there waiting to die. And you CAN do something about it...buy 10/20/30/40/50 whatever def weapons. Tada, no strike supers being lost, it's not that tough to defend against...

You are right..hence the best way to play is to roll with a mere 25-100mil army with 1/4 in supers and spies and the rest in lifers..and have the rest stashed "somewhere" safe to be used when needed. :-k

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
xDaku
Forum Addict

Well this isn't looking to get rid of snipers, you can't do that. Covert phase + blocking. It's looking to give a way to punish the snipers after the fact, something to take back from them.

Which is why I think the lifers to supers ratio shouldn't be 5:1 or 3:1, 2:1 is fine since it only works AFTER you've taken the def.
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Spoiler

BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:

and what about; rising game cost, make it un affordable, boring, etc?

As I said, I don't particularly agree with the update, however it is done, it should only be normals that are able to be hit since you can untrain them. You add Supers and there's no way to stop Lifers from hitting them (it's not that hard to be massed). Then people will want Lifers to be hittable, then you will have them too. It just seems too far and if anything it should be only Normals, and even that seems a bit far/unnecessary.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

xDaku
Forum Addict

BMMJ13 wrote:
Lithium wrote:

As I said, I don't particularly agree with the update, however it is done, it should only be normals that are able to be hit since you can untrain them. You add Supers and there's no way to stop Lifers from hitting them (it's not that hard to be massed). Then people will want Lifers to be hittable, then you will have them too. It just seems too far and if anything it should be only Normals, and even that seems a bit far/unnecessary.

It's not that hard to stop these lifers from killing supers either.
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

xDaku wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Lithium wrote:

It's not that hard to stop these lifers from killing supers either.

Yea right, watch me how easy it will be to just destroy big armies with maintaining a smallish one of my own.

Deni
Tekki
Forum Addict

Jedi~Tank wrote:

How does it increase snipers? I think you should be able to kill both - attack supers and attack normals - but only on a 0 defence and supers at a small rate. That discourages snipers actually because now you have a method of getting back at them.

This is the problem though because we don't need income now, so we train normal attackers instead of miners to be 'safe'.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Anyone who does get massed,

especially in a war, but even otherwise
will find themselves "vultured" for ME by a new breed of snipers...

people with lots of lifers, and nothing to do with them...
unless of course the warriors do it first.

and every player in a war who tries to go farming,
and hits a knowledgeable & willing player is gonna find
themselves without a strike by the end of the week, at the latest...

(thinking of the barely-active farms with 200 mil lifers...)

Even when Dubby retaliated in his more aggressive days, it didn't always happen that same day...

I often had enough on my plate that I made a weekly list...

and with miners being safe for the moment, lifer counts are going to rise just a tad... ;)

Yes, Dubby used to retaliate... a lot... even if you never knew about it...
even it was an alliance mate of your officer's officer's alliance...
or an alliance mate of your commander's commander's other officer's officer's alliance...
whatever it took... for a good year, at least.
xDaku
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Anyone who does get massed,

especially in a war, but even otherwise
will find themselves "vultured" for ME by a new breed of snipers...

people with lots of lifers, and nothing to do with them...
unless of course the warriors do it first.

and every player in a war who tries to go farming,
and hits a knowledgeable & willing player is gonna find
themselves without a strike by the end of the week, at the latest...

(thinking of the barely-active farms with 200 mil lifers...)

Even when Dubby retaliated in his more aggressive days, it didn't always happen that same day...

I often had enough on my plate that I made a weekly list...

and with miners being safe for the moment, lifer counts are going to rise just a tad... ;)

Yes, Dubby used to retaliate... a lot... even if you never knew about it...
even it was an alliance mate of your officer's officer's alliance...
or an alliance mate of your commander's commander's other officer's officer's alliance...
whatever it took... for a good year, at least.

So...your problem is that people will vulture for ME even though it will probably get them sat on,

OR

People will mass farmers (which already happens).
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Am back! It was a good break - beach/science world/PNE -- a fine time :)

OK -back on game - more valid points. Lifer being killable, eh? :)
Well -they are.. use your attacks/ac and get your enemies to hit you ;)

And - I have just added a 'throttle' in the dev server. You can only kill 10% of a users' attack units in a 24hour period. If they have lost more than 10% of their CURRENT attack solider count (am + as + ss) the attackers are not targeted (ac still is).
This gives a lot of flexibility as the number of available attackers can change... and its always 10% of existing units that the calculation is based on.

SO - you can still get them, but not all at once :)

I hope this makes the strategy a bit trickier, the effort more sustained, and the ability to defend yourself not impossible...

Oh - also - you now do not lose 100% of the lifers sent. You can lose up to 5x the AC killed; or 10x the attackers killed ... beyond that and your lifers stop blowing themselves up after there is nobody left to get ;)

Again -its live on dev. and yes - i will warn before it is launched on main. I do not mind taking some time iwth this as it can be a biggy :)

j.
Don't make me use this!!!
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

does there need to be a defence to target attack soldiers? i think there defence should be 0'ed befor any action can be taken on them.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

im just wondering how long it ll take that here only $ players will survive ???
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Spoke to admin in chat but gonna say it here anyway so others can offer opinions.

I thought 10% a day max was kind of defeating the purpose of this update.

It was mewant to hit against snieprs who can easily build up new supers each day.. if you can only kill 10% each day then strikes will still happen and they hav enothing else to kill.

After giving it some thought I am settled on a nice 50% per day.

If someone large with defense and covert gets massed they can lose 50% but still rebuild and/or hit back.. if a sniper wants to continue playing aggressively they could have to re-train 50C% of their supers every day.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”