Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Britains riots

Cole wrote:
Lithium wrote:
Mordack wrote:150 year old family owned Furniture store was completely burned to the ground. A barber shop owned by an 89 year old man was smashed up. So much for sticking it to the corporations.

And disaffected youth? Impoverished background?

I heard they coordinated their riots using Blackberry Messenger.

Claiming these riots were caused by poverty and unemployment is an INSULT to anybody whose been unemployed, like I have, or poor, and has an ethical backbone and isn't rioting. It is NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER. There are far poorer countries than Britain, with no welfare state, which don't erupt into anarchy. No excuse, whatsoever. None.

in small countries with almost no welfare these things happens rarely because peaple cant afford being even one day un-employed, and gov maintain a poor status of slavery against them to ensure security. u can google Albania 1997 to see whats the wrath of the people vs the system who robber them on a daily basis and we talk after.

And this isn't the case in the UK so I don't see your point...that's in fact because the UK isn't one of those countries where the state robs its people off like Mubarak's Egypt or Ben Ali's Tunisia did, that people have no sympathy *at all* for the thugs rioting. Because there's no damn reason to do what they do. As it's not even protesting with political reasons, it's just a giant robbing fest for them.

well man i explained u what happens in riots, theres collateral damage to those in the middle.
what i wanted to say is that these protest are a big trouble for the gov and in my opinion the org crime is infecting them to turn it into a massive robbery instead of a heavy trouble for the gov.
in all protests from the little ones to even wars are the ppl who get affected.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: London

For those interested, here is a map of england, containing marks and info at the spots where trouble has occured

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0& ... urce=embed

found via sky news. also, one of the side notes restored some pride in my being english:

A group of 50-70 local men have taken to the streets to try to stop the disorder. One of the group, Nick Davidson, told Sky News: "We've had enough of police just standing there while people are looting and ruining the whole area."
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I am absolutely disgusted with some of the comments here, this started as a simple nice thread with some comments of well wishing.

You should be ashamed of yourselves and you know who you are.

Stay safe everyone, if you see trouble, just get out as quickly as you can. Avoid the big cities if you don't need to be there.

Situation seems to be more under control since yesterday but I expect the little **Filtered** will try to rally something over the weekend.

Stay Safe.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Not game related, Moved to TTT&T
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Debate central would be my choice but wth do I know heh...

And I hope nobody misinterpreted my comment. Ofc. it's tragic and I hope there are no deaths and minimal property damage and all that.

I'm just saying that from an outside perspective its a bit weird to trivialize the riots as petty thuggery.
It may manifest itself like that (thats why they're called riots and not demonstrations) but as with terrorism you have to look at the underlying causes if you want to understand and maybe correct the situation.

I mean GB has more than its fair share of social inequalities and problems... heck it's been one demonstration after the next in these past few years, hasnt it.

British police force has hardly been target of praise as of late too. When they're not shooting random brasilians in the head 7 times on the tube they seem to be corrupt and arms deep in illegal activity up to the very top. Add to that that the UK is the most big brother country in Europe with its anti terrorism legislature and all in all "in your privates" CCTV etc. surveilance...

Its not exactly a surpruse that certain segments of the population would feel dissatisfaction and would have a subconscious resentment towards "the establishment" ... thus riots would easily be inflamed.

The spark that blew the powder keg could have been anything really. And like the spark that caused it the shrapnell itself (people taking advantage of the situation) is not the most important thing, the thing that is the powder is. Atleast if you want to "fix" the thing in long term that is. Imho.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Re: The UK Riots.

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
RedKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sigma
Race: System Lord

Sadly there have already been deaths, and the damages are said to be heading towards 100 million atm.
Sammael wrote: Well done, mate, need my pants lowered thanks ;)
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

So when we see people walking out of Comet with a plasma TV they're really venting at "establishment"?

They're kids - in it for the thrills, peer pressure, mob mentality and personal gain. Yes, there are underlying socio-economic causes, but most of these kids couldn't even tell you who the PM is, let alone give a damn about their future career prospects.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

it has been said many times, these peopl dont care about anything other than their own personal gain. They cant spell recession let alone know what it actually is.
They saw an opportunity and took it, then more have since jumped on the bandwagon.

The North East is currently okay (touch wood) and I am hoping it all dies down soon.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

CJL wrote:The North East is currently okay (touch wood) and I am hoping it all dies down soon.

Kinda surprised to be honest. I'm in Durham, and with the amount of poor pit villages up here I'd have thought there'd be more trouble....but apparently not. :-k
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

ive always thought of sunderland as patriotic, yes, we are full of delinquints, but most of them are pro britain, and arent quite stupid enough to go around destroying our own homes. I just hope the whole of the north east continues to prove me right. Also, i think problems are mainly ocurring in larger areas, so if anywhere, it would be expected that newcastle would be next.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Aye, I guess its been more of an inner-city phenomenon so far....because if you want to be top trumps for socio-economic problems, unemployment, bleak prospects, ill health, etc then a lot of the worst places in England are ex-pit villages in the North-East. I guess they had their protests back when the pits closed....now its resignation more than anything....
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

We don't need a 3rd topic. My first one was enough.
Image ImageImageImage
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

we have **Filtered** all to loot here anyway :P
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Clarkey wrote:We don't need a 3rd topic. My first one was enough.

Well you're the Mod Clarkster, merge them and move here since this is the most appropriate section

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254