just curious...

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

Re: just curious...

Jack wrote:Just because it's not a real job does not mean that the same courtesies cannot/do not apply.

yes it does, when is a service your providing to a public (ie, modding the forum of the sgw comunity) so the comunity has the right to know what is going on with their forum (yes the forum belongs first to the comunity that uses it, then to the mods ;) but in first place it belongs to jason lol )
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

Nox wrote:
Jack wrote:...
The reasons why an employ is fired is between the employer, employee and future employers, no one else needs to know.

lol, thats the thing, this is not a job, its being a mod in a forum of free web-based game lol, you dont get payed anything, and if it involves the community that this forum and the ppl in the mod team serve, somethings like this one should be addressed to the community to avoid this kind of threads and most of the useless posts and useless discussions that were made :P

i never got why ppl think of this has a job, a job is where you get paid, everything else is voluntary work, you do it cause you want to!

because the structures and procedures and policy's when running a forum or anything else are in place to assure proper function no matter if it volunteer or a paid program there has to be a chain of command.
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Nox
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:
Jack wrote:Just because it's not a real job does not mean that the same courtesies cannot/do not apply.

yes it does, when is a service your providing to a public (ie, modding the forum of the sgw comunity) so the comunity has the right to know what is going on with their forum (yes the forum belongs first to the comunity that uses it, then to the mods ;) but in first place it belongs to jason lol )

No it doesn't, you have this false sense of self entitlement. You're not entitled to anything.

well, it seems we have different points of view about the forum then, and i cant make you see mine :? i believe the forum is for the public that use it, cause what would the mods mod, if everyone just stopped posting, modding themselves maybe :?

and when i was a mod here, i did my work following that idea, and i didnt get any bad post about my work at least ;) (ofc, i wasnt a mod for too long anyway lol ) i just think that if things we're made more clear to the public (thats why this area was created i think) maybe there wouldnt be so much probs between the mod team and the public ;)

just my 2 cents, personally, i couldnt care less on what you guys do lol :P

@majorlee, yes ofc, there must be a chain in command, everything has a chain in command, that wasnt my point :P
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

Nox wrote:
Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:

No it doesn't, you have this false sense of self entitlement. You're not entitled to anything.

well, it seems we have different points of view about the forum then, and i cant make you see mine :? i believe the forum is for the public that use it, cause what would the mods mod, if everyone just stopped posting, modding themselves maybe :?

and when i was a mod here, i did my work following that idea, and i didnt get any bad post about my work at least ;) (ofc, i wasnt a mod for too long anyway lol ) i just think that if things we're made more clear to the public (thats why this area was created i think) maybe there wouldnt be so much probs between the mod team and the public ;)

just my 2 cents, personally, i couldnt care less on what you guys do lol :P

@majorlee, yes ofc, there must be a chain in command, everything has a chain in command, that wasnt my point :P

well if I misunderstood you I apologize and will re read your post :)
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Majorlee, Nox, the thing is we DID properly adress this issue in the moderator forums.

Then we were fired for doing so.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Nox
Forum Expert

wes, smoosh said:
smooshable wrote:Instead she broke forum rules by masking swear words and generally acted in an arrogant manner all because she didn't get her way on this particular issue. Yes there were other mods who agreed with her who were not fired but it was not her disagreeing that cost her her position. It was the fact that she could not accept that people disagreed with her and that we needed to move on. This is not the first time this has happened and I have no doubt that it would not have been the last.

addressing stuff by breaking the rules, its not the best way to get things done, actually its the worst way (remember when you created that geisha account and how that worked out and you know you made a mistake ;) )
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Nox wrote:wes, smoosh said:
smooshable wrote:Instead she broke forum rules by masking swear words and generally acted in an arrogant manner all because she didn't get her way on this particular issue. Yes there were other mods who agreed with her who were not fired but it was not her disagreeing that cost her her position. It was the fact that she could not accept that people disagreed with her and that we needed to move on. This is not the first time this has happened and I have no doubt that it would not have been the last.

addressing stuff by breaking the rules, its not the best way to get things done, actually its the worst way (remember when you created that geisha account and how that worked out and you know you made a mistake ;) )

And noone sees the double standard? Look around at mods post example jack. Wordfilter prevented a lot and i cant name noone on the current mod team who never cursed in the mod forum. Its the mod forum after all
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Nox, yes, i did 'mask' once. Because I was fed off from lack of action against people who all they did was bicker on others. But then Smoosh would have to fire Jack for swearing... just because filter filters out the swear word, does that mean it's okay? Since you judge me by such measure, apply that to others as well. Almost every second post by Jack has **Filtered** in it. Not to mention calling fellow mods idiots... and other users idiots. Is that how he should address forum users?

I think not.

Teal'auc

EDIT: Before someone accuses me of things, I added the word **Filtered** manualy in both cases of this post.
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Nox
Forum Expert

im not judging you jenny, im just stating what smoosh said was the reason for your dismissal, and yes, i can see very well jacks posts, lol, he already called me somethings (not directly ofc) but in underlines, and yes, everyone has the right to curse sometimes, sometimes its even the best way to express your feelings ;)

im not here defending smooshs actions, nor will i defend yours and wes's, and obviously not jacks lol, just trying to get a racional discussion on whats wrong to try and make ppl find a way to make it better :-D (that and im kinda bored at work, and i find this a more amusing discussion then the war discussion, where everyone is the best and the enemy is the worst lol )
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Nox wrote:im not judging you jenny, im just stating what smoosh said was the reason for your dismissal, and yes, i can see very well jacks posts, lol, he already called me somethings (not directly ofc) but in underlines, and yes, everyone has the right to curse sometimes, sometimes its even the best way to express your feelings ;)

im not here defending smooshs actions, nor will i defend yours and wes's, and obviously not jacks lol, just trying to get a racional discussion on whats wrong to try and make ppl find a way to make it better :-D (that and im kinda bored at work, and i find this a more amusing discussion then the war discussion, where everyone is the best and the enemy is the worst lol )

Well, dismiss loyal mod for 'breaking' one rule by one masking is pathetic at least. And imo, it was just only one semi-valid reason smooshable was able to come up with... but it's still not worth dismissal...

Teal'auc
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Nox
Forum Expert

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:
Well, dismiss loyal mod for 'breaking' one rule by one masking is pathetic at least. And imo, it was just only one semi-valid reason smooshable was able to come up with... but it's still not worth dismissal...

Teal'auc

well, if it was once and it was inside the mod forum, where only mods can see, i actually dont think its a valid reason also, i remember many ppl doing that back in the day lol, especially in the mod chat sessions with admin, lots of cursing, mostly only joking around but cursing anyway ;)
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Nox wrote:well, if it was once and it was inside the mod forum, where only mods can see, i actually dont think its a valid reason also, i remember many ppl doing that back in the day lol, especially in the mod chat sessions with admin, lots of cursing, mostly only joking around but cursing anyway ;)

No, it wasn't in mod forum. It was first time and last time I used 'masking' in the public, out of frustration that things are not discussed and Smooshable ran everything on his own. Was it correct? No. But if smooshable would fire every mod who ever broke forum rules, he'd have to fire a lot of mods. Jack (just look at his posts), Buck (I remember when he was stoned and caused real mess on forums)...

I don't need to go on to prove the point that Smooshable's reasoning was poor & this 'she broke forum rule' thing was only thing he was able to sweat out to not look like totally biased person who fired a mod just because they dared to oppose them. Sadly, if he had fired mods only for such... I'd say minor mistake, then there would be nobody capable of modding.

Nobody is perfect. I am not. FS is not, Jack is not. It's just some people who have their minds set on something and try to dig some reasoning... even if it's totally cheap one.

Teal'auc
311 [TA]
Forum Expert
ID: 0

I agree with you Teal'auc ....and i honestly am not your biggest fan.

But as a MOD, i believe you have and are one of the best in being able to turn on and off mod mode correctly.

I wish more mods were as even-handed as you.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
Nox
Forum Expert

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:No, it wasn't in mod forum. It was first time and last time I used 'masking' in the public, out of frustration that things are not discussed and Smooshable ran everything on his own. Was it correct? No. But if smooshable would fire every mod who ever broke forum rules, he'd have to fire a lot of mods. Jack (just look at his posts), Buck (I remember when he was stoned and caused real mess on forums)...

I don't need to go on to prove the point that Smooshable's reasoning was poor & this 'she broke forum rule' thing was only thing he was able to sweat out to not look like totally biased person who fired a mod just because they dared to oppose them. Sadly, if he had fired mods only for such... I'd say minor mistake, then there would be nobody capable of modding.

Nobody is perfect. I am not. FS is not, Jack is not. It's just some people who have their minds set on something and try to dig some reasoning... even if it's totally cheap one.

Teal'auc

i agree with you also, jenny, and i am a fan (unlike some ppl with numbers has name lol :P )

thats why i always defend a democratic system, on everything, there should be at least 3 forum admins, and the only way to hire and fire mods should be a vote between the 3, with 3 there wouldnt never be a tie ;) but thats just me and my crazy ideas lol :-D
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Nox wrote:i agree with you also, jenny, and i am a fan (unlike some ppl with numbers has name lol :P )

thats why i always defend a democratic system, on everything, there should be at least 3 forum admins, and the only way to hire and fire mods should be a vote between the 3, with 3 there wouldnt never be a tie ;) but thats just me and my crazy ideas lol :-D

Your idea with 3 equal admins is not crazy at all. :)

Teal'auc

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”