just curious...

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Re: just curious...

Jack wrote:See, I came out with facts and you quickly hide in an attempt to sweep away something that is unfavorable for you. And you say that I'm only looking out for myself? :lol:

No, I am not going to talk about PRIVATE mod meeting here. That's not sweeping things under carpet, that's protecting the team's integrity and showing a courtesy to the fact it was PRIVATE mod/admin meet and it does not need to be spilled out in the public... unless Admin Jason agrees it's ok to spread it around. Would be good to see reactions of the community, if I respsted whole IRC convo... but certain people would lost their faces completelly...

Teal'auc

EDIT: but you can post the IRC meeting, go ahead! If you think I am sweeping things under carpet, go and post the IRC log, which sheds a lot of light on how things are in reality.
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Can we just lock this at this point, it's gotten to he said, she said......bickerbickerbicker.... It's helping nobody.

What is expected to be accomplished by continuing this?

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:Funny how me stating that Admin supported Smoosh is breeching the privacy of the mod meet, but you pointing out that I called Nimrod an idiot in the mod section is not. Double standards much?

*points*
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=115972&p=1384220&hilit=nimrod#p1384220
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

Nope, you'd just be locking spam. Which is what this has descended into.

It's also turning nasty.
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Jack wrote:Funny how me stating that Admin supported Smoosh is breeching the privacy of the mod meet, but you pointing out that I called Nimrod an idiot in the mod section is not. Double standards much?

You talking about double standards? Come on! You are KING of double standards!

You called Nimras idiot not only on mod meetings, you are pulling things out of nowhere to make me look bad! It's ridiculous, Jack. As for your statement that admin supported Smoosh... well, I addressed that with Admin personally and won't go on mud throwing on him, as he's done a lot for this community (unlike YOU and certain power hungry person) and his lack of time to care for these forums stops him from knowing how things are. and when he's given misinformations by certain 3rd party who's been on power trip... hard to resist.

Teal'auc
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

Praise in pubic and chastise in private.

That is how the military works. It's how an effective organization works.

Bill
Azarak
Forum Intermediate

pianomutt20000 wrote:Praise in pubic and chastise in private.

Correct its how all effective organisations work. However not this one which shows it isnt an effective organisation and who is responsible for this? The mods/admins. Whether you want to admit it, this is an organisation.
Last edited by Azarak on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am no longer a regular forum poster – PM ingame or catch me on msn if need be.

au revoir
-Ross/Azarak
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Jack wrote:
Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:
Jack wrote:See, I came out with facts and you quickly hide in an attempt to sweep away something that is unfavorable for you. And you say that I'm only looking out for myself? :lol:

No, I am not going to talk about PRIVATE mod meeting here. That's not sweeping things under carpet, that's protecting the team's integrity and showing a courtesy to the fact it was PRIVATE mod/admin meet and it does not need to be spilled out in the public... unless Admin Jason agrees it's ok to spread it around. Would be good to see reactions of the community, if I respsted whole IRC convo... but certain people would lost their faces completelly...

Teal'auc

EDIT: but you can post the IRC meeting, go ahead! If you think I am sweeping things under carpet, go and post the IRC log, which sheds a lot of light on how things are in reality.

Funny how me stating that Admin supported Smoosh is breeching the privacy of the mod meet, but you pointing out that I called Nimrod an idiot in the mod section is not. Double standards much?

M8 she pointed it out AFTER i wrote it here. Not her.

I said it here you called me Idiot in there made a examble to someone then she took it up again.
Azarak
Forum Intermediate

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Azarak wrote:
pianomutt20000 wrote:Praise in pubic and chastise in private.

Correct its how all effective organisations work. However not this one - and whether you want to admit it, this is an organisation.

Organization or not, in order to be an effective leader of any kind, you need to beable to posses this simple skill, expectially as a Mod or a person in a position of power.

If you read my edited post you will see I am agreeing with this.
I am no longer a regular forum poster – PM ingame or catch me on msn if need be.

au revoir
-Ross/Azarak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA

Honours and Awards

UNLOCKED.

I feel there are valid points/questions that have not been addressed/answered in this topic (some of them my own points) - therefore this needs to be left open until they are addressed.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:
Jack wrote: and his lack of time to care for these forums stops him from knowing how things are. and when he's given misinformations by certain 3rd party who's been on power trip... hard to resist.
Teal'auc[/color]

Jen, this is the ENTIRE problem and has been for many months.In this case Jason didn't agree with you. You don't stop to entertain the notion that your opinion might not be the only valid one. You won't entertain the notion that you might be wrong! You are always correct and therefore there must be some other reason he didn't do what YOU wanted. He didn't know any better? he didn't care? I somehow tricked him? What ever possible explination you can come up with to explain why things aren't done YOUR way. It is this attitude that is the only reason you are no longer a mod. No matter what anyone else thinks, or the reasons they give, or the volume of people who disagree with you, you are right and anyone that cannot see that has a problem.

smoosh
Indu and proud of it!!
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

smooshable wrote:Jen, this is the ENTIRE problem and has been for many months.In this case Jason didn't agree with you. You don't stop to entertain the notion that your opinion might not be the only valid one. You won't entertain the notion that you might be wrong! You are always correct and therefore there must be some other reason he didn't do what YOU wanted. He didn't know any better? he didn't care? I somehow tricked him? What ever possible explination you can come up with to explain why things aren't done YOUR way. It is this attitude that is the only reason you are no longer a mod. No matter what anyone else thinks, or the reasons they give, or the volume of people who disagree with you, you are right and anyone that cannot see that has a problem.

smoosh

I addressed my issues with you with Jason in email.

Teal'auc
homer1475
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: NONE

lol this is absolutely funny....
love seeing the mod solidarity ....one global locks it... one global unlocks it ...

guess no one has heard the term TEAM
Admin of Stargatewars IRC chat and Stargatewars Teamspeak..... And u thought u had problems :D

Stargatewars chat - irc.gamesadvantage.com - or - irc.pptwars.net
Stargatewars Teamspeak - 65.61.200.118:7000
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

homer1475 wrote:lol this is absolutely funny....
love seeing the mod solidarity ....one global locks it... one global unlocks it ...

Another comes and points out how rediculous they both are....

Seriously though, I don't think we're fooling anyone with our team work this week.
Indu and proud of it!!
homer1475
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: NONE

smooshable wrote:
homer1475 wrote:lol this is absolutely funny....

Another comes and points out how rediculous they both are....

Seriously though, I don't think we're fooling anyone with our team work this week.

ever consider its because the main admin has no team work ability?
Admin of Stargatewars IRC chat and Stargatewars Teamspeak..... And u thought u had problems :D

Stargatewars chat - irc.gamesadvantage.com - or - irc.pptwars.net
Stargatewars Teamspeak - 65.61.200.118:7000

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”