Motherships

Do you want the ships available in this game?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:07 pm

YES, surely!
91%
I don't know!!!
1%
NO!
3%
Maybe...
5%

Total votes: 144
deadeye
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Just to point out I have not read all the posts (18 pages is a lot to look through), so i don't know if anyone has suggested this but to remove the confusion of having the train a load of soldiers to operate the ships and not knowing if they have been assigned i suggest that a seperate menu would have to be created. This menu, lets call it "shipyards", would include the class of ships available, the option of training full crew compliments in one go (elimating confusion), and the upgrades for the ships and shipyards, ie. Upgrade shields, Upgrade weapons, Upgrade shipyard capabilities. The last option would allow you to purchase new ship classes.

Pakarinen
Forum Grunt

Greetings

(i decided to cut out what i had originallly written above this line)

And finally, your command ship with its ragtag fleet of mid-range~bombers/fighters/tender ships cuold blockade a planet, not just enemie planets, but any planet so you could combine whole fleets this way then give the control over to someone and then they could bring them against whole other fleets in like alliance conflicts.

Oh, and blockading a planet would only interfere with them if you landed your ship on the ground and set a garrison over it until someone destroyed it or hijacked it, that is the only realistic way that tauri would be able to hijack a ship and the ships are naturally more prone to be destroyed while in the atmosphere and more so with limited shields if any while parked on planet. Of course the only race incapable of this would be the asgard since we've never seen em behave or do anything like this, a little bit of balance to the game perhaps by not allowing this to occur, while the planet is directly garrisoned by an opponents ship all naquadah is directly taken by the command ship and sent to hte fleets owner.

Would that not be coool if some way can be found to do that?
Not to mention thier would be trade offs with having big ships and small ships that admin could think off
deadeye
Forum Irregular

stealing other ships is a rubbish idea. The whole concept of attacking another player is 'smash and grab' and the thats the way it should stay.

KDY
Forum Grunt

deadeye wrote:stealing other ships is a rubbish idea. The whole concept of attacking another player is 'smash and grab' and the thats the way it should stay.

I disagree. It's a fine idea. In the series SG-1 infiltrated a Ha'tak and took control of it. Replicators board enemy vessels all the time, Asgard wouldn't have a problem with it because of their advanced transport technologies and the Goa'uld have their transport rings to take over enemy ships with.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

st2063 wrote:I think ships would me a great idea. but u need to keep on upgrading to get more powerful ships and requirment could be somethink like this?

Alkes
Cost= 25,000,000
Troops=100

Class Hatak
cost= 50,000,000
troops= 1500
Death glider=30
upgrade weapons and shields = 10,000,000 for each upgrade
Special weapon (Cloking Device)when armed This special weapon will allow this ship to attack first

Super Hatak Type 1 (Apophis mothership)
Cost= 250,000,000
Troops=5,000
Alkes=20
Death Gliders=100
Special weapon (Advanced Shields)

Super Hatak Type 2 (Anudis Mothership)
Cost= 400,000,000
Troops=10,000
Alkes=50
Death Glider=200
Special weapon (Supar Weapon)
research in ascent writing and Technolgy (I think this part can be for all races)

tom7126 wrote:no i think on caos wars we should have them but make coas evlyone has planets and choses a race and can go capture planets and stuff

You have both a point :)
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Magni wrote:Its not gonna happen but you can dream.

Apophis The Great wrote:As I've understand it will NEVER COMES.

Now for you two and the other doubters:

Matt Damon aka Will wrote:How do you like them apples?

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

And from me, here's a shiny freshly polished I TOLD YOU SO :-D

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Rukia
Forum Elite

Omega Red wrote:Yes motherships would be a nice addition to Gould arsenal and so would be the ability to steal other races technologies

i said this in a previous post but: how about all races can steal other races techs just that reps "absorb" not steal? i agree with capturing planets n motherships. talked to dee about that a while back too.
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

KnightValor
Forum Regular

... *shakes head*

I think this idea needs some serious reconsideration. It is awesome in theory, but does not right now work so well in actuallity. If it is a "rank" and affects your overall rank, it needs to be changed to have a rank other than very bottom, for anyone above, well, the very bottom.

I say it should be "starfleet" or "space support" and consist of more than crazy expensive super units that only rank 2,000+ can buy.

I was rank 3,800 something this morning. Now I am rank 6,000 something. This seems to be too big a risk for hackers, and too expensive a thing for practical use.

Now, for my suggestions: PLEASE READ

3 types of "space support units" or "starfleet units": Fighters, Seige ships, and Motherships. All can have the same idea you worked into the motherships behind them, but make it so a plain mothership/other ship is much cheaper. My thoughts: Fighter: 1,500,000 and then relatively cheap (but very weak) upgrades. Seige ships: These babies should be usable by about rank 4000-3000. 20,000,000, plus pretty expensive upgrades (in comparison to my ideas of expensive) and the ability to "start" building a ship, so that it is easier to make, even if it takes you two days. Motherships: 100,000,000. But: make them so you can build them one bit at a time, so they are usable by the pretty good user. (once again, in my perspective, a rank 3,800 before motherships came). Really expensive upgrades, but once again, ones you can "start" on and finish later. Remember, in reality motherships will not be made in two seconds.

Finally, for the -now-gonna-be-really-complex battle system, we should have basically a sabotage setup. Weakest to strongest, and taking the damage sheilds, then weapons, then health idea. It should be used way more, way more imaginative (whole fleet battles rather than just a couple big chunks of iron shooting shiny rays at each other. If I am completely off, excuse me, I have yet to watch my first stargate episode, I have very little time after football, however, I used to watch Star trek, as yoiu might be able to tell by my wording above.). As far as casualties goes, there should be like 10 fighters to 1 seige ship, and 10 seige ships to 1 mothership, and 1 mothership to 25 seige ships, then 1 seige ship to 25 fighters. Otherwise, we are dealing with expensive units and casualties kept minimum.

Well, those are my two cents, I hope they are read (I understand if not though, there is alot to read), and I hope people like my ideas and think of them as practical.

-KnightValor
god
Forum Regular

450 mil is easy to raise, i wish everyone would quit whining
SELLING Naq -- $0.80/Tril
currently 190 TRILLION available
KnightValor
Forum Regular

[quote="god"]450 mil is easy to raise, i wish everyone would quit whining[/quote]

Okay, what is your rank? Because selling your best attack weapon to get a mothership would require 3352 of them. I was a long way off by my first guess. And how much money would you LOSE? 112,493,120 naquadah. That would BUY 670 of them. Do you REALLIZE how insane this is to players below like rank 800? I have 200 Ion cannons and 182 X302 craft, and I am beating (or should be beating) about 11000 players! I am beating (or should be) A HUGE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS. And yet I, if I sell ALL my weapons, can only come up with 51 mil. Hmm... A LITTLE UNBALANCED, no? A LITTLE HARMFUL TO SOME PLAYERS, no? Especially if someone hacks it! Imagine how DEVASTATING that would be to the site? and finally, imagine if someone with the WORST ship attacks the best player without one. How DEVASTATING would that be? The thing is, right now motherships are too black and white. Either you can afford one and you pwn ass, or you don't, and suddenly you drop 1000 ranks every times someone attacks you. With a system like this, ranking systems would go to hell. We are talking about how the USA ended a WORLD WAR by inventing the atom bomb, if every country in the world was against us, we still would have won.
god
Forum Regular

KnightValor wrote:
god wrote:450 mil is easy to raise, i wish everyone would quit whining

Okay, what is your rank?

top 100

KnightValor wrote:Because selling your best attack weapon to get a mothership would require 3352 of them.

So go do some attacking and buy 3352 of them, or sell 10k UU... you just don't want to give up your resources to get there.

KnightValor wrote:I was a long way off by my first guess. And how much money would you LOSE? 112,493,120 naquadah. That would BUY 670 of them. Do you REALLIZE how insane this is to players below like rank 800?

If you aren't willing to make some sacrifices in this game, you are not EVER going to get anywhere. you can make up the 112 million in 112 attack turns... or less if you attack effectively... that is just over a days worth of turns. big rip... if it comes down to it, trade some of your UU for turns, and do it today, 450 million is like 10-15 minutes of farming.

KnightValor wrote: I have 200 Ion cannons and 182 X302 craft, and I am beating (or should be beating) about 11000 players! I am beating (or should be) A HUGE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS.

That's just it... you aren't beating as many of them as you think you are... alot of people are artificially low, and could pass your "hard earned" rank up in a couple of hours.

KnightValor wrote:Especially if someone hacks it! Imagine how DEVASTATING that would be to the site?

not a bit... I lost 900million the other day to a browser error, and it didn't affect the site one bit... I'm sure somebody coughPRODIGYcough stole it from the player that my naq was misdirected to, but it didn't affect the site in the least.

KnightValor wrote: and finally, imagine if someone with the WORST ship attacks the best player without one. How DEVASTATING would that be?

not at all... if the person without one has a vouple more big guns and supes, he will still beat the pissout of theat other guy even with his mothership.

KnightValor wrote: The thing is, right now motherships are too black and white. Either you can afford one and you pwn ass, or you don't

and if it doesn't affect gameplay, why does it matter?

KnightValor wrote:, and suddenly you drop 1000 ranks every times someone attacks you.

Rank is the only thing it affects, and once you get a mothership, you won't care.

KnightValor wrote:With a system like this, ranking systems would go to hell.

actually, the ranking will be alot more accurate, because all of the people that WERE below you that buy a mothership will be exposed, and ranked higher, where they should have been all along.

KnightValor wrote:We are talking about how the USA ended a WORLD WAR by inventing the atom bomb, if every country in the world was against us, we still would have won.

it is NOWHERE NEAR THAT MAGNITUDE... it is more like the difference of the US training their ground troops better for desert warfare and then entering a naval war... doesn't really affect the war at hand, but we are still better just because we are better trained.
KnightValor
Forum Regular

Okay, a couple of oversights on your part. "just buy 3328" or whatever "and then get a mothership"

Hmm.... Great Idea, I should try it! I NEVER thought of buying weapons!

Also, you said it won't screw up the site at all. I'm not talking about errors popping up everywhere. "Warning: unexpected ')' in register.php on line 47" I mean like, "You were attacked by Zaphor and lost 300 of your 2000 guys"

THe thing is, people pray on the users below them. If you can fight a guy with a mothership that has 25 mil, or a guy without with 24 mil, at least I would choose the guy without, even if I had like the # 50 mothership. That means the people that could almost buy a mothership, will not reach it nearly as fast as they could raise 450 mil and there were no motherships. Now I'm not saying that the user will be better without the motherships, I am saying they will grow faster.

Also, you said 112 is like one days worth turns? well, I don't know how many times you donated, but in the help and rules area (I went to see what motherships do) it clearly states you get one every half an hour. 48 is not the same as 112.

Keep in perspective that yoiu are in the top 100, and most users are not. You seem to have adopted the common jock attitude of "Its easy, you guys suck and I'm awesome", which occurs alot because people CAN say it. Not everyone is in the top 00.7 percentile. yes, I did count the 2000 or so user that quit a long time ago, but still, that is a powerful number. With your really good spying, compare rank 500 powers with your own. Biiiig diference, right? well, I guess I shouldn't say that as I don't know, but there is a big difference between 3000 and 3800. If it continues that way (but once again, maybe not, I have no way of knowing) than it should be a VERY small number of people who can actually afford them

As for i should suck it up and buy one, why do you think I checked how much I had in weapons. And do you really think I can bring my weapons to like 20 times as much because I one day feel like it?

good argument, I hope I'm not pissing you off. If I am tell me and I will no longer talk. I've basically said my share, I just sometimes need to restate things to get people to understand them.
god
Forum Regular

I understand what you are saying, you reasoning is just wrong... honestly, I have no clue how long you have been playing... your right, for some reason i was thinking i get more than 48... but i always trade for turns, so the ones i generate don't really impact me... anyway, I'm just trying to point out that the motherships don't make near the impact that you think that they do... maybe you can't get one right now... eventually you will be able to, and when you are, you will realize everything that i am saying is true... if you buy the weapons, A. you will be more powerful than you would be with the mothership, and B, if you decide to get the mothership at some point, then at least you had the guns around to sell... I don't think I am better than anybody, I am just trying to point out that it isn't as big of a deal as you think. remember when you couldn't afford super soldiers or big weapons? it's the same deal, except this time it is less cost effective unlike the big guns.

trust me on this one...

and finally, I don't mind giving out advice, but i'm tired, and i'd much rather give advice to my officers... hint hint
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:
Magni wrote:Its not gonna happen but you can dream.

Apophis The Great wrote:As I've understand it will NEVER COMES.

Now for you two and the other doubters:

Matt Damon aka Will wrote:How do you like them apples?

J.G.G.

ROFL MY FAO

You know where Matt Damon got it from? It was first said in The Wizard of Oz. As Dorothy is walking through the forrest with tin man and scarecrow, just after meeting the lion, she picks an apple of a tree which promptly springs to life and snatches it back. A rather funny bit of dialogue ensues between the party of travellers and the tree who becomes rather irrate and hurls some of his apples at the group proclaiming, "How d'ya like those apples huh?"

:) Goo™ ..film maniac.

-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “Suggestions Archive”