Ascension/Descension suggestion for more balance

Suggest any improvements
Thufir_Hawat
Forum Regular

Re: Ascension/Descension suggestion for more balance

I like getting knocked back a level or at least having to spend some APP in Main to recover.

Already there are too many Ascended accounts with no main account supporting them anylonger.

Prehaps having the ascended account still dependent on main in someway.

So how about when an account is deascended. The Main will need to use 1,000 G&R to resurrect their God....
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Thufir_Hawat wrote:So how about when an account is deascended. The Main will need to use 1,000 G&R to resurrect their God....

while its a good idea it also has its flaw in the fact that I could resurrect my account 20-21 times just from GnR I've gained in the past year since my last ascension...
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular
ID: 0

TheRook wrote:
Thufir_Hawat wrote:So how about when an account is deascended. The Main will need to use 1,000 G&R to resurrect their God....

while its a good idea it also has its flaw in the fact that I could resurrect my account 20-21 times just from GnR I've gained in the past year since my last ascension...

What if it took 50-85% of the G&R + 1000.

So if at 20 000 G&R if it was 50% and you had to resurect you would have 9000 G&R left.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Lord_Zeus wrote:
TheRook wrote:

So if at 20 000 G&R if it was 50% and you had to resurect you would have 9000 G&R left.

I don't like the idea simply because it could force many smaller players into near permanent deascention.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:
Lord_Zeus wrote:
TheRook wrote:

I don't like the idea simply because it could force many smaller players into near permanent deascention.

yup you could overpower all of the "freshly ascended" players... and just keep them down...

and as a note for fun...

Mar 12, 2008 jtest ascendedAttack 121,930 Destroyed Life Force 99 0 na na na details
Mar 12, 2008 jtest ascendedAttack 121,930 Destroyed Life Force 99 0 na na na details

sadly as jtest is a daemon in main it doesnt show him as descended but oh well I had my fun :)

TheRook vs Jtest wrote:Starting with 50,694,046 weildable life force, with 123,369,030 attack potential after accounting for energy attack power and skill,TheRook meets jtest - who has 5,081 life force capable of being used in battle- in an ascended match of epic magnitude!
Simutaneously, the two ascended beings launch ascended energy attacks on each other. Time stands still, the surrounding physical plane crackles with diffusing power, and the entire Ascended plane shudders while the battle rages.
TheRook impales jtest with 123,369,030 of ascended damage.
The energy absorbing power, skill, and the unique skill of energy repulsion -usable only within ones own realm, and their constitution, lessens this by 123,247,100 to 121,930 total damage taken, thereby reducing their life force and reserves by this amount.

Wait...you realize that you actually dealt more damage, but the Ascended League of Battle (the 'rule makers' in ascended battles)intervened...The result is that you did the maximum amount of damage possible on them - one third of their total possible life force reserve (121,930)

jtest, at the same time, hits TheRook with 5,132 total power, while also repulsing 308,423 of TheRook's own attack back at them, for a total of 313,555 potential damage! This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of TheRook, and their own constitution, reduces by 189,900 resulting in 123,655 total damage inflicted by jtest on TheRook!

jtest has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

but back on topic... seriously... for someone with such a low power needing so many hits and my hit being reduced to 1000th of its starting power and still being limited by 1/3rd helps to prove the case of descension requiring an overhaul. There should be a "timer" set on it so if you have played the server/ your first ascension was over 6months a go you should somehow reduce reduction the ascended council do...

and then at futher dates/times doing the same again... as the council believe you have had enough time under their protection and as such feel you should now be able to look after yourself... or fail to look after yourself...

for those who come back saying well I only ascend once every 6 months to 1 year... thats still your choice but note a prior should not generally have the power of a LG+1 and greater (although with cross server deals thats very much possible)

anyhow... bring on the descension changes...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

As many have stated in prior posts, descension is broken. Actually the entire ascension server is broken. I no longer play the game because there is no point to the game anymore. It is a struggle for mediocrity. You are actually penalized quite severely for doing well in this game, which goes against all tenets of game design. Any "updates" to the game will benefit one group of players while screwing over another group of players. The only "fair and equitable" solution is to screw over everyone and reset both servers, a reset with modifications to the existing servers.

1.) Eliminate miners. The increased income from miners is what, IMHO, precipitated the spiraling out of control growth in main (and, by extension, ascension). It worked for a server like Quantum that reset every three months but not for main.

2.) Eliminate raiding. This was an ill-conceived update and fraught with many abuses/glitches. It further contributed to the out of control spiraling growth in main.

3.) Ascensions are only possible every six months (or even, perhaps, a year). Descension will be possible right away (after the 60 day grace period that everyone gets after the first ascension) so you have to strike a balance between having good production stats and having decent ascension stats as well. No more one trick ponies/snipers (at least, not for long).

4.) No raiding in ascension. That was what led to several accounts gaining a large lead in ascension (yes I was one of them).

5.) Link the main and ascension accounts together. If you are on vacation in one server, you are on vacation in the other server. Also, if you delete one of your accounts, you delete both of them.

6.) Eliminate planets in main. If you decide to keep them, make the number and power of your planets in main related to the power and number of planets you have in ascension.

7.) Eliminate the CS/MS in ascension/main.

8.) Change massing by making accounts only able to attack other accounts two or three times per turn. It will still be possible to mass someone but it will take a group effort over several turns. It also gives the massee time to react to the massing and take action accordingly.

9.) Market does NOT produce usable resources. It only accepts resources from game accounts in exchange for other game account resources, much like SGW.de does now.

10.) You have one "military" stat. If you want to be able to attack you also risk losing soldiers and weapons when someone attacks you back. No more of this "zero statting" BS.

Those are the suggestions I have for fixing this game. Will it cause some people to quit? Yes, I have no doubts. Some people have flat out told me that they will quit if the server is reset. They would end up not playing the game after the game crashes in a few months if the server is not reset, so I say, more power to them. Go with God and may the Force be with you. There will be others who will be willing to play in the Brave, New World that this reset would create. And it will put EVERYONE on equal footing again, instead of elevating one group of players far above another group of players and throwing the game further out of whack than it already is.

I have already quit the game (my accounts are only active because I do not want anyone else using the Mojo Rising name in either game). So a reset neither benefits or punishes me because I am not really gaining or losing anything.

Just my two cents' worth!
TheRook
Forum Addict

1) I'll agree with that but only if 2 is implemented...

2) see above

3) yup I'll go with that but perhaps make it 3-6 months

4) yup but that has been removed so problem solved there...

5) I'll agree there again

6) I see where your going with that but can you expand it more?

7) they are really just naq/dmu sinks... something else to spend income on... dont see the need in getting rid of them (perhaps getting rid of the CS)

8) sounds good make it 5x15AT hits or 75x1AT hits (or a mixture of) per player meaning it will take 5-6 players online to successfully remove a defence in a single turn...

9) not looked at sgw.de so cant comment

10) I agree there... if you dont have a defence your strike troops should move in to stop the absolute destruction of your account...

I dont agree with the reset as a complete reset...

after thinking about it if a reset were to happen it would be a blanket reset on ascension and drop everyone else back down to a standard race with all troops/defence etc and a choice of picking your race when you next log on... this will allow you to keep your UU and your account just means the ascended server will become what it should be and main wont be as badly disrupted...

TheRook

Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

To expand on number 6. My philosophy is that the number of planets in ascension should be tied to the the number of planets you can have in main. In other words, for every (and I am just throwing numbers out here as an example) 10 million planets you have in ascension you can have one planet in main (which would be made from some of your planets in ascension). You could choose what kind of planet you wanted (single/dual/triple) and it would cost you an increasing number of ascension planets to create said planets in main. I gave Jason a very reasonable plan for this nearly two years ago. He said he would consider it, which, as we all know by now, is Jason speak for "this update will never see the light of day as it makes too much sense and would mean that I would have to admit that someone knows more about the game than I do".

As far as a reset goes, if you reset ascension, you have to reset main as it would cause too many problems if you didn't. Main and ascension are too closely tied to be able to separate them like that.

Had Jason listened to me and a few others two years ago, a reset would not be necessary. But now, things have gone on far too long to be able to be fixed by anything short of a total reset of both servers.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Mojo Rising wrote:To expand on number 6. My philosophy is that the number of planets in ascension should be tied to the the number of planets you can have in main. In other words, for every (and I am just throwing numbers out here as an example) 10 million planets you have in ascension you can have one planet in main (which would be made from some of your planets in ascension). You could choose what kind of planet you wanted (single/dual/triple) and it would cost you an increasing number of ascension planets to create said planets in main. I gave Jason a very reasonable plan for this nearly two years ago. He said he would consider it, which, as we all know by now, is Jason speak for "this update will never see the light of day as it makes too much sense and would mean that I would have to admit that someone knows more about the game than I do".

As far as a reset goes, if you reset ascension, you have to reset main as it would cause too many problems if you didn't. Main and ascension are too closely tied to be able to separate them like that.

Had Jason listened to me and a few others two years ago, a reset would not be necessary. But now, things have gone on far too long to be able to be fixed by anything short of a total reset of both servers.

have to say I'm not too big a fan of that idea... I can see it being too easy for people get themselve 10 triple planets... I know I'd save up for them...

TheRook

Mesmo
Forum Newbie

Everybody seems to be bent on "fixing" everything.
Half of the things are ok but the other half just ruins the good one.

1. Raiding on ascension should never be brought back cause then big accounts would get even bigger and the planet production penalty would be useless, we all saw that before the big update.

2. Definately a repair is needed for the deascending part. Remove the 1/3 life force cap, make it a half or better yet 2/3.
It was once a big part of the game to deascend someone, now it's useless.. Sure small guys need protection, but like this it's impossible to deascend the big guys...
Perhaps some sort of a limitation on how much damage can someone take that would scale down in relation to the defender's life force recovery.

3. Make it so that accounts can cross the "5 times the size" rule but they are marked and attackable by everybody regardless of the size for 2 days.

Or something in that general direction
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

You will notice that I am not bent on "fixing" things. I am bent on getting the whole thing torn down and putting up something new. The servers can't be fixed. They are too far gone.

I never suggested raiding be brought back on ascension; in fact, the very opposite is true.

As far as planets in main goes, I am for getting rid of them entirely, but if we do keep them, make them linked to the ascension account (and please keep in mind that all of this hinges on both servers being reset and everyone starting out from scratch, with ascensions able to be done about once every six months. You aren't going to see 10 triple planets any time soon.

Descension would work if 1.) the rank mods were removed and 2.) the damage cap were removed. Until those two things happen, you may as well just not have descension. Also the penalties for descension need to be more severe. I like the original idea of losing an ascension level when you are descended. Also, I think a loss of between 10-25% of your planets in ascension should also occur.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Mojo Rising wrote:You will notice that I am not bent on "fixing" things. I am bent on getting the whole thing torn down and putting up something new. The servers can't be fixed. They are too far gone.

I never suggested raiding be brought back on ascension; in fact, the very opposite is true.

As far as planets in main goes, I am for getting rid of them entirely, but if we do keep them, make them linked to the ascension account (and please keep in mind that all of this hinges on both servers being reset and everyone starting out from scratch, with ascensions able to be done about once every six months. You aren't going to see 10 triple planets any time soon.

Descension would work if 1.) the rank mods were removed and 2.) the damage cap were removed. Until those two things happen, you may as well just not have descension. Also the penalties for descension need to be more severe. I like the original idea of losing an ascension level when you are descended. Also, I think a loss of between 10-25% of your planets in ascension should also occur.

rank mods dont apply to ascended assaults now... the cap still annoys me... tho... I tried it on jtest I was doing my full ascended assault on that account while but itwas being limited to about 130k ish which is crazy to reduce it by over 1000x's

there needs to be a time limit on the protection held by the ascended council... I've suggested it about 6months the council only reduce it 1 third the nafter that the council feels you should be able to look after your own ascended being... and if not... well you dont deserve to be a "god"

additionally

if the cap was removed entirely (great) make it 1 week descended and lose 10-20% of overall planets... so its not so savage for those descended but still will teach the ma lesson...

TheRook

Mesmo
Forum Newbie

Now that is a good idea (the descension part)
However 6 months is way too long for the protection. I would give it a maximum of 3 months and that it would be removed if the protected person tries to descend anybody within that 3 month period.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Mesmo wrote:Now that is a good idea (the descension part)
However 6 months is way too long for the protection. I would give it a maximum of 3 months and that it would be removed if the protected person tries to descend anybody within that 3 month period.

say 3 months at 1/3rd then 3 months at 1/2 then after 6 months you can take them in 2 hits... one to remove them down to 1 and then the final to descend them... so that will allow you to descend someone in 3 hours (after 6 months on the server) if your ascended being is strong enough...

TheRook

Mango
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

I like Lores idea,

I think ascention needs to be less like main (massings etc) and be more about 1 v 1 battle royal sort of thing.

Planets, assassins etc need to be a secondary concern to your actual ascended persona

maybe you should be able to do an ascention attack to destroy worlds? Like lore said, a 6 hour battle against a foe with a descention attack or even a realm attack, depending on how badly you defeat him you destroy X amount of his planets as your obviously supreme power overcomes his persona and his realm

I think it is a great idea and we need to expand on it :)
BL1P wrote:Im sorry for your fiend and the toilet paper accident...

Return to “Suggestions”