PPT

lilith
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
ID: 83233

Re: PPT

Yes, I've probably taken the naq of most people that complain here, and I agree that you should be compensated for your loss. If you read my posts carefully you will see that I am saying it is unfair to you. I try to offer viable solutions with which you would actually be better off then with a rollback (ie. getting additional resources in for of supporter bonus etc).
You, however, fail to see - unlike me - both sides in the current situation.
It wasn't me that caused the server to be bugged, and it wasn't my fault your PPT was cut short. Just as it wasn't yours. Yes, I took advantage of the situation, but you would have as well.
So why should either one of us be punished for something we are not responsible for?
So instead of presenting a solution that would only benefit you, how about you come up with something that could benefit both parties?

I agree with Scar, rollback for 20 or so people is simply unrealistic.
Compare the number of people completely unaffected to those affected and you will get your answer...

And Horus, what you're saying was already proposed by Scar in an earlier post of his, so please read carefully.
Zaphor
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Delta
ID: 1956298

ok, let me explain it for how this has affected me and u personaly:

i had a busy weekend and sold EVERYTHING and put it into up and went on a 3 day ppt, reason being i wanted to concentrate on up with all the naq i got and then on the last day buy back my defense. Now because of this bug i came off ppt early, have not had time to really get on, i lost a lot of naq and im still losing it because this has completely ruined my plans. i have now had to use my turns to get naq for a defense, i have lost happiness due to this and my up has fallen drasticaly behind.

For u: Because of my miss fortune a lot of you have stolen a shed load of naq from me which was very important to my growth, as a result i had decreased and u have increased. its like a 6 pointer football match. if u win u go 6 points clear, if u lose ur even. and due to me not knowing what will happen im still losing all my income to farmers. i cant spare anymore turns which i would have saved for after my ppt.

surely everyone can see how bad this situation is for a number of people. now i understand that a rollback is very unrealistic and is stupid to do to the whole server. but if its the only way its the only way. the other option that i would be happy with is if we get a new 3 day ppt starting now and we get a full 2 days income with it. i dont see why others should get an advantage and we shouldnt. at the end of the day if all that naq u have stolen was put into up u have been accumilating uu as we speak, if u put it into strike and u can now make bigger hits uv had an advantage. if u bought seige techs, we cant touch for a while. its all messed up but if a rollback is unrealistic im sure 2 days income and a 3 day ppt would cover the costs.

giving the whole server a new ss bonus is completely ridiculous, all those who spent my naq on their up can get MORE uu with this as they probably have a big defense and dont need the ppt.

Trade Feedback

R.I.P Mastertkd, a dear friend
kensiky
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

As far as I am concerned the overwriting of our ppt was a bug. And anyone attack and getting lots of Naq is exploiting the bug. Therefore are violating rule 6. All I am asking for is the fix the server as it was before the bug. I am not looking for any bonus just to get everything back to being fair.

Rules

1) Only one account per person, per game server.
2) No automated processes, macros, scripts or other 'non human being' run account activity is allowed.
3) No sharing or giving out your account details to others.
4) No logging into other people's accounts.
5) Attempts to break into accounts, the game, or otherwise disrupt or slow down the game, or server, are strictly illegal.
6) Using bugs or exploits of any kind, or knowing of and not reporting bugs or exploits, is illegal.
7) Spamming your recruiting link, or anything else related to or using our name or site, is illegal. Share the site, but please do so respectfully.
8) Any breaking of the rules can result in punishment, suspension, banning, account deletion, or banning of your entire ISP.
Trade feedback
Broker @ 37429
Zaphor
Forum Irregular

yep! it says using a bug is illegal and knowing is illegal. im going to answer something that someone will say, " ye but i never knew it was a bug??!?"

u dont have to know, its illegal to do so even without knowing, if u didnt know u shouldnt be punished but exploiting a bug is exploiting a bug so it should be fixed and by that people should get compensation

Trade Feedback

Borek
Forum Addict

Classic, i'll have to bookmark this thread for the future. Not often people classify attacking as a bug, well done guys, if that's the best you can come up with i think you're out of luck on that reset request.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Zaphor
Forum Irregular

borek do we not have a reason to be annoyed and what something fair done about it? can u answer yes or no

Trade Feedback

lilith
Forum Irregular

Kensiky, sorry mate, but after that post I can't take you serious anymore.
Bug exploit?
The game was down for x hours, I woke up with 38mil out and saw that my PPT (the serverwide PPT) was about to end. I checked the end of my officer's PPT to get a general idea when most people would be off.
I didn't even know at that point that anyones supporter bonus PPT was being cut short. Especially considering that some people stayed, and still are since then, on PPT. For me it was no different then the farmfest at the beginning of the wave. Everyone was on PPT and I hit those that weren't.
So please, for Pete's sake, stop exaggerating. You are only making a fool of yourself.

And Zaphor, I understand your strategy for this week was ruined.
But I just did some calculations. You were on PPT for what, half a day? So you lost half a days worth of naq. I added up my hits, I made half a days worth of income. So I don't see why you should gain 2 days worth of income and a three day PPT, if the total difference between our two accounts is only a full day of income. I agree your PPT should be returned to you in full, I just don't see why you should get 2 days worth of income if you're only one day behind...
Last edited by lilith on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaphor
Forum Irregular

because since i came off the ppt i have lost a lot of naq because i couldnt build a defense, i have been farmed all day while u havnt

Trade Feedback

Borek
Forum Addict

Zaphor wrote:borek do we not have a reason to be annoyed and what something fair done about it? can u answer yes or no
of course you have a right to be annoyed, no one is denying that, but you are asking for the last 24 hrs to be reset for everyone just because a tiny percentage of players were on PPT and got farmed.

You might as well just say "we got screwed, so screw everyone else to make it better". Sorry, never going to happen. There's always something in every quantum wave that gives an advantage to some, this time it was an unexpected server crash and a resulting farm-fest. Something that has happened LOTS of times in previous waves and has NEVER resulted in a reset.

So suck it up, you win some, you lose some, this time you lost, no point crying over it anymore.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
kensiky
Fledgling Forumer

Attack has been a called a big in this way before. There was a time where a person could get hundreds of trillions of naq in main with a bug. If you attacked them the stole the trillions then you where mark as cheating. How of this fixed........wait for it.........a rollback.
Trade feedback
Broker @ 37429
Borek
Forum Addict

kensiky wrote:Attack has been a called a big in this way before. There was a time where a person could get hundreds of trillions of naq in main with a bug. If you attacked them the stole the trillions then you where mark as cheating. How of this fixed........wait for it.........a rollback.
And yet this was nothing like that at all, hence no rollback.
lilith
Forum Irregular

Zaphor wrote:because since i came off the ppt i have lost a lot of naq because i couldnt build a defense, i have been farmed all day while u havnt

I'm sorry, but I have to say that all this happened only because your PPT was cut short. A great part of it has something to do with your strategy as well, which resulted in a great loss for you. Others that came off PPT still had enough defense so that I couldn't farm them, should they only get 1 day's worth of naq then because they had a different strategy?
Should I ask for a rollback as well now because I didn't buy an unbreakable defense with the farmed naq and in return I am now the one that gets farmed because of my income?
floophead_III
Forum Expert

Okay. I completely understand that you guys were shafted of PPT time. I also agree that you need that time refunded. I think admin should be able to find out who had what ppt left at that time and reinstate it on those people. That would be fair.

For those of you who are complaining about losing naq, I apologize of course, but I was up late because I knew there was a global ppt and did some major farming. I knew EVERYONE's naq before ppts came off. Nobody had more than 40 mil out (with the exception of a few who had monster defenses anyways and were not attacked). That amounts to only a small fraction of a 3 day PPTs income. At even a paltry 1 mil a turn, that's less than a day's income. This is NOT enough for a rollback by any means. I sympathize with your misfortune but bonus ppts for the unlucky are more than enough.

Also, a rollback punishes those who were perceptive enough to know that there was a global PPT. ALL the servers were down for a fairly long time. There were many many hours from when the server came back online until the PPT ended. The fact is, those of us who were paying attention and knew about it got an advantage, but it wasn't because we cheated, exploited a bug, or anything of that nature - it was because we were more active and aware. Penalizing those of us who played smart because of a mistake on the server is wrong.

I'm not trying to insult people for leaving naq out. I don't want anyone getting mad at me and saying I'm a cheater or anything. I'm just trying to say that putting some PPTs back in place for those who lost due to the server error is sufficient (especially because now you'll make even more naq on the PPT as you have more units).

And as for you, Zaphor, even if you had stayed on ppt and bought your defense back, I'd still have massed you anyways, so this saved you naq. Be thankful and quit whining.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

ForgottenWarrior
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HELLJUMPERS
Race: System Lord

lilith wrote:
Zaphor wrote:because since i came off the ppt i have lost a lot of naq because i couldnt build a defense, i have been farmed all day while u havnt

I'm sorry, but I have to say that all this happened only because your PPT was cut short. A great part of it has something to do with your strategy as well, which resulted in a great loss for you. Others that came off PPT still had enough defense so that I couldn't farm them, should they only get 1 day's worth of naq then because they had a different strategy?
Should I ask for a rollback as well now because I didn't buy an unbreakable defense with the farmed naq and in return I am now the one that gets farmed because of my income?
More then cut short, almost to where the ppt was unusable, it was cut from a 3 day ppt to a 1 day ppt and many of us planned to overlap it and have two 3 day ppt's back to back so it trashs alot of our plans and sets us back much much farther then the rest of you realize. If this had happened to you I dont think we would be having this discussion. I would be happy if I just got my ppt and all the naq ive lost, to me that would be just as fair but it would probably just be quicker and simpler for them to roll it back but I dont know about that. Also many of us were gone because we thought we were safe for a few days and had plans and so we planned our ppt's on those exact times and I had to be gone all this weekend so I was not protected so I got screwed out of all my naq so I think I and anyone else should get all their naq back.
~FW~
Zhar
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

those free couple of hours ppts given by admin were always stupid solution! either make a 1 day roll back or give everyone 1 day ppt and extend those exisitng ppt's in the time of the site crash. not every one can check every 30 minutes if the site is back online then to wake up next morning to see that they were screwed big time.

zaphor made a good point you all just don't want to understand it cause it's not happened to you.

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”