Mobile Planetary Defence Platforms:

Don Lewis
Forum Regular
ID: 57273

Re: Mobile Planetary Defence Platforms:

Darkalbino_ wrote:My problem is that one can not know when a Platform is going to be there, and if by chance, runs into one, it completely destroys all fleets involved, without warning!! When we are talking fleet levels of 100K or over, that is over a 2tril loss, instantly, without warning!

You can easily find out if the mpdp is there with minimal losses by attacking with 1 fleet. Then its your choice to risk trying to beat its defence ;)
12agnar0k
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Don Lewis wrote:
Darkalbino_ wrote:My problem is that one can not know when a Platform is going to be there, and if by chance, runs into one, it completely destroys all fleets involved, without warning!! When we are talking fleet levels of 100K or over, that is over a 2tril loss, instantly, without warning!

You can easily find out if the mpdp is there with minimal losses by attacking with 1 fleet. Then its your choice to risk trying to beat its defence ;)

Not if they have say 100k def on the planet.
Becuase you'd have to first hit the planet with the 10-15% minimum to convince your pilots it wasnt a suicide, and when you do, splat lost them all. Only then do you find they have the platform, then you can decide to build more fleets and try to beat their defence,

Their are two equally founded arguements to be able to spy the strength of the platforms and then not to do so. However I do think being able to spy where they are assigned will do against the point of the platforms and shouldnt be done.
Shornaal
Forum Elder
Alliance: Delta Allegiance
Race: System God
ID: 52597

I think the new defense platforms are hilarious. *quickly spends trillions of naq on one and asigns it to a planet with no defense*
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Okay now..

You can assign the Mobiles from planet to planet just fine, but one assigned to a Planet you cant put them as unassigned (other than if someone takes your planet and your mobile gets 0'd and unassigned)

This means you cant hide your Mobiles to build them up slowly unless you assign them to a planet which you then Merlin, now I can see the benefit of this as it means you can hide them free of charge if someone wants to destroy them, I just figured I would bring it up incase it is not supposed to be like this...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

these platforms actually mean something more than planetary defenses did...
especially since they're hidden...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Zeratul wrote:these platforms actually mean something more than planetary defenses did...

I love their hiddenness. Gives everyone a fighting chance, while you can still take most planets with a 200k fleets force. :P
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Lois Lane wrote:
Zeratul wrote:these platforms actually mean something more than planetary defenses did...

I love their hiddenness. Gives everyone a fighting chance, while you can still take most planets with a 200k fleets force. :P

Most ;)
RebornRaider
Fledgling Forumer

Hidden is the way they should be.

You can't complain about a 1.2T loss of fleets when it costs the other guy over 5T to build 100,000 defenses on the planet. The planet owner usually gets the short end of the bargain when they lose 5T to your 1.2T investment ... and you are going to get 80% of that 1.2T investment back after destroying their 5T investment.

Now there is risk to the attacker, not just the defender. That is good.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

RebornRaider wrote:Hidden is the way they should be.

You can't complain about a 1.2T loss of fleets when it costs the other guy over 5T to build 100,000 defenses on the planet. The planet owner usually gets the short end of the bargain when they lose 5T to your 1.2T investment ... and you are going to get 80% of that 1.2T investment back after destroying their 5T investment.

Now there is risk to the attacker, not just the defender. That is good.

I agree, im all for the attacker losing all there fleets, the more fleets they have the more they lose, it would be a nasty shock if someone had 200k fleets armed and got bounced and lost them all, 4trill naq down the drain just like that, it makes taking a planet alot more * should i shouldnt i * by making it the attacker loses all fleets on a failed hit, it makes planet defenses worth it again.

Good job admin.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:I agree, im all for the attacker losing all there fleets, the more fleets they have the more they lose, it would be a nasty shock if someone had 200k fleets armed and got bounced and lost them all, 4trill naq down the drain just like that, it makes taking a planet alot more * should i shouldnt i * by making it the attacker loses all fleets on a failed hit, it makes planet defenses worth it again.

Good job admin.

thats exactly how we thought when wrote our post above...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

Well im swayed. lol
Shornaal
Forum Elder
Alliance: Delta Allegiance
Race: System God
ID: 52597

12agnar0k wrote:Okay now..

You can assign the Mobiles from planet to planet just fine, but one assigned to a Planet you cant put them as unassigned (other than if someone takes your planet and your mobile gets 0'd and unassigned)

This means you cant hide your Mobiles to build them up slowly unless you assign them to a planet which you then Merlin, now I can see the benefit of this as it means you can hide them free of charge if someone wants to destroy them, I just figured I would bring it up incase it is not supposed to be like this...

But there is an option for your Orbital defense to be orbiting none. :?

It just wont orbit nothing strangely enough. (could this be a bug)
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Shornaal wrote:
12agnar0k wrote:Okay now..

But there is an option for your Orbital defense to be orbiting none. :?

It just wont orbit nothing strangely enough. (could this be a bug)

Yes... Is that not what I said, , sometimes I stuggle to be clear :P

I do prefer it this way, you cant hide your platforms for free *making platform massing a new strategy lolz* if you want to hide your planets you need to merlin a planet then assign them to their. (Or just never assign your platforms from the get go, mine are still unassigned atm - have no need to assign in PPT :P)
stephen sarsfield
Forum Grunt

I think after spying the planets one can have a good guess at where the platforms are. So they're not that hidden.

And what happens to the platforms when you take the planet?
Call me "Sir".
Perdurabo996
Forum Newbie
Race: Tauri

Universe wrote:
Lore wrote:
Lois Lane wrote:Upgraded, renamed, assigned in one action.. works too. :P

Now just explain it to everyone so they know.

Assuming one has built one Defence Platform already:

On base.php click on "Planets Summary". This opens planets.php.
On planets.php, click on "Mobile Planetary Defence Platforms".
This opens a page where assignment, (re-)naming and upgrading of said Platforms can be executed.

To purchase a platform, click on the "Build It!" button on base.php.

Thanks alot!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”