New Main Ascended Bonuses

Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: New Main Ascended Bonuses

The difference with planets and MS though Clarkey is that they do not depend on your ascended status. Except of course the unascended MS tech costs less.

It's already practically essential to be a LG+1, something like this makes it essential to be Origin.

Decisions about how many ascensions to do were based on what stats you get. Changing the stats changes the decision, where the other updates did not. Planetry defence is not unessential after all.

So if you are changing the basis for decision, you need to give the ability to rescind the actual decisions of some.

This is my personal opinion here but there is absolutely NO WAY I'd have build up some of the stuff I have IF Ascensions to Origin gave more bonus than they do already. But I know I won't be the only person who made the same call. It's change true but it's change to benefit those who haven't worked on their accounts 'cos they content to be statless and ascend, not those who have been prepared to work.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:This is my personal opinion here but there is absolutely NO WAY I'd have build up some of the stuff I have IF Ascensions to Origin gave more bonus than they do already. But I know I won't be the only person who made the same call. It's change true but it's change to benefit those who haven't worked on their accounts 'cos they content to be statless and ascend, not those who have been prepared to work.

How can you say ascending 20 times is not working on your account? Oh is it because it's ascending rather than warring?

Why do you assume those ascending to 20th remain statless? I don't think you can get to g&r, especially 5 g&r range if you remain statless.

How can you say I have not been prepared to work on my account when you don't know me?
Image ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

I'm not talking defence or attack stats. As it currently stands you can be in G&R range with approximately 10b defence .... If your other stats are high enough.

I'm talking UP, covert etc etc.

And like it or not, I would not have built what I have if ascensions to Origin were going to have more than a 1% bonus. To me, given that you are the one advocating this while you may not intend this, it does seem that now that you've gotten there, you want to make the bonus bigger, so what are you going to give the accounts that weighed the options and decided not to ascend further now that they have to give up a LOT of naq for absolutely nothing. (Beyond a main increase there is no benefit in ascending with power, it's a complete waste of naq.)

The bonus doesn't need to be bigger, it's already big enough and a bonus which just makes the gap between beginning and veteran accounts is not needed.

Since you no longer need to ascend with good APP, there is no point in not speed ascending so every 20 days by 20 ascensions is 400 days worth of ascending. That's really a long time for someone who wants to compete but will be necessary for anyone who wants to play seriously if the bonuses past 15 ascensions are increased.

Not to mention the lifers! But that's a different issue.

All I'm saying is that if you want to increase the bonuses for ascension past 15, put in a naq back option for UP and Covert and other things as a ONCE OFF thing so that those accounts that built up based on the previous information can do so fairly with the changed bonuses.
Spoiler

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:This is my personal opinion here but there is absolutely NO WAY I'd have build up some of the stuff I have IF Ascensions to Origin gave more bonus than they do already. But I know I won't be the only person who made the same call. It's change true but it's change to benefit those who haven't worked on their accounts 'cos they content to be statless and ascend, not those who have been prepared to work.

While I agree change is needed to keep the game fresh and new, I also perfectly agree with you here Tekki. But sadly it has become pretty much a tradition to allow those who work hard to make pivatal decisiions based on standing rules, and then change those very same rules to accomodate others for what ever reason, normally to make it easier so they do not have to work as hard as their predacessors. Not saying thats whats happening in this case tho.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:I'm not talking defence or attack stats. As it currently stands you can be in G&R range with approximately 10b defence .... If your other stats are high enough.

Well I personally got my covert to lvl 31 everytime i ascended from 11th to 20th, so not exactly cheap. Also I wouldn't say UP of 100k - 170k is cheap either.

Tekki wrote:All I'm saying is that if you want to increase the bonuses for ascension past 15, put in a naq back option for UP and Covert and other things as a ONCE OFF thing so that those accounts that built up based on the previous information can do so fairly with the changed bonuses.

I can understand that, and maybe it could be an option if it is an easy process.
But also I am not suggesting a bonus increase, i'm trying to drum up ideas of different things. I don't want the stats bonus to increase more than 1% per ascension. Something else may be much more interesting and encouraging for other people. What that "something" maybe I have no idea, this is why I started the thread.
Image ImageImageImage
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

I agree with Lore's first post. An upgraded bonus to people past LG+1 is not good at all and would make a huge gap between new players and veterans of the game. I like the idea of gaining an extra planet slot and maybe 1-3 extra officer slots for every 10 ascensions with the ones in between still being at 1% increase. Maybe after Origin every 5 ascensions could be the "bonus level".
Tekki
Forum Addict

From what I can see of the suggestions, only increased officer slots are... 'safe' enough IMO to be considered.
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:
Tekki wrote:I'm not talking defence or attack stats. As it currently stands you can be in G&R range with approximately 10b defence .... If your other stats are high enough.

Well I personally got my covert to lvl 31 everytime i ascended from 11th to 20th, so not exactly cheap. Also I wouldn't say UP of 100k - 170k is cheap either.
Try covert 34/35 and a 500K raw UP, it makes 31/170K look like chump change. 8)

Tekki wrote:All I'm saying is that if you want to increase the bonuses for ascension past 15, put in a naq back option for UP and Covert and other things as a ONCE OFF thing so that those accounts that built up based on the previous information can do so fairly with the changed bonuses.

I can understand that, and maybe it could be an option if it is an easy process.
But also I am not suggesting a bonus increase, i'm trying to drum up ideas of different things. I don't want the stats bonus to increase more than 1% per ascension. Something else may be much more interesting and encouraging for other people. What that "something" maybe I have no idea, this is why I started the thread.

I'd rather Admin just actually fix ascended, and make ascentions mean something again. Until they mean something again why ascend, and why ascend and then ask for more bonuses.

But I agree with the original jest, asking for some non stat based reward of wasting so many resources on a fruitless drive.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Ash
Forum Addict

Well i might not have 34/35 level covert (got 32/30) or a 500k raw up (only 300k) but i do now i am faced with a choice at the moment considering im closing on the trading cap
I can either ascend and continue to ascend until im finished
or keep crowing my account as it is and remain a LG+1

And i've decided to sack it all
Why because it makes it more interesting
it makes it a challenge to do them as readily as i can
To not do so would make it boring
I wanna have them completed before i pass my third year here
Spoiler
Ash = One of Jack's Bastards
MajorLeeHurts wrote: dont threatn me with a good time :)
Deaths_Rider
Forum Regular

i love this idea it is by far the best idea at evening the playing field between new and old players at least for a year or two

new players that are still asscending will keep going to a higher place and if the older LG and AG accounts stay where they are smaller players will catch up if they asscended there loses will bring them much closer to the newer smaller accounts

i think this is the first idea i've seen that isn't a bigger advantage to established accounts than to new ones i love it

possible idea at 20 the chance of assended blessing could increase by a lot i'm not sure what it is at now but increasing it to 50%-75% chance would make it well worth while even if no other bounses were given below that
Flow with it

Death is not the end but only the begining
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Deaths_Rider wrote:i love this idea it is by far the best idea at evening the playing field between new and old players at least for a year or two

new players that are still asscending will keep going to a higher place and if the older LG and AG accounts stay where they are smaller players will catch up if they asscended there loses will bring them much closer to the newer smaller accounts

i think this is the first idea i've seen that isn't a bigger advantage to established accounts than to new ones i love it

possible idea at 20 the chance of assended blessing could increase by a lot i'm not sure what it is at now but increasing it to 50%-75% chance would make it well worth while even if no other bounses were given below that

you do realise that with my army size and a full bank I can make every one of my ascentions just on reserve resources?
Reason, youll get dead.
Tekki
Forum Addict

Deaths_Rider wrote:possible idea at 20 the chance of assended blessing could increase by a lot i'm not sure what it is at now but increasing it to 50%-75% chance would make it well worth while even if no other bounses were given below that

You do realise that at the 20th ascension the chance of Blessing is already 50% percent (or about that). Making it even bigger would for all intents and purposes double their attack and defence - all the time. I don't know about you but for practical purposes massing a 5 trillion defence would become rather stupid as you'd need a 10t strike.... and let's not mention what massing a 10t defence on an Origin would be like! Aaieee! And yes, defences that high have existed and been destroyed.

This would just make the gap between accounts even bigger.
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Colton wrote:I agree with Lore's first post. An upgraded bonus to people past LG+1 is not good at all and would make a huge gap between new players and veterans of the game. I like the idea of gaining an extra planet slot and maybe 1-3 extra officer slots for every 10 ascensions with the ones in between still being at 1% increase. Maybe after Origin every 5 ascensions could be the "bonus level".

I just realized if more planet slots were given the people that worked hard to get the 11 planets of their liking would get slightly screwed over lol

Not that that matters, was just pointing out that a few people would be extremely choked xD
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

Hmmm i don't like this idea purely cause some one who has ascended 20 times suggested it and it just seems like a power grab... sorry clarkey but thats how i see it....to be honest why make the strong stronger??? games biased enough with out people having 16 planets slots and a million natural UP, if you want the tital you should have to work for it or find different incentives that don't slant the game more. I dont think those sort of incentives exist so lets just leave the game alone for more then a week
Chamaileon
Forum Grunt
Race: Galactic God
ID: 49311

Clarkey I like the ideas.

Currently we are spending way too much on asc for next to nothing.

If a player has spent the time to get to 15-20.. 21 etc then he/she should be stronger. Period.

1 - Slight increase again on base stats (i.e. more than 1%)
2 - Increased Officer slots (maybe every 5th asc)
3 - Increased Planet slots (maybe every 5th asc)
4 - Increase in UP upgrades (i.e. increase of 4 per upgrade as opposed to the current 3)

* I was wanting to add slightly more power to the weapons. *
Not much but enough to help make it worth ascending.
(Say maybe every 5th asc or a lower gradual increase)
Armed Military Fleet 5,760 .... increased to 5,800 for example.
Targeted Spacial Distortions 5,750 ..... increased to 5,790 ...
These are rough examples. but you get it. :D

For those who say the strong are getting stronger, I say this:
Other players have the ability to get planets to help with their stats, a player that ascends should see an increase for the uu/naq he/she has spent to get there. It should be in/with their core acct.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”