For the duration of the server war??

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Re: For the duration of the server war??

just because a word escapes the filter doesn't make it right....If I was speaking to my customers at work and i called them any variation of male genitaliar, I think they'd quite rightly be offended
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Tictac wrote:just because a word escapes the filter doesn't make it right....If I was speaking to my customers at work and i called them any variation of male genitaliar, I think they'd quite rightly be offended

Just cause u or anyone calls someone a phallus doesnt make it an insult ;)
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I call my mate Richard by the name **Filtered**. :D
Image ImageImageImage
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

Clarkey, lol, have been around for the last few years, most wars have that type of abuse, especially all big server wars, the faction vs ga, cia vs cop, etc, i was in all of them so i know :P mostly cause the 2 sides have/had issues, long standing issues, personnaly i also dont agree with being rude to anyone, its just a game after all, but for some, all pay???

not everyone does it, blaming all just cause of a few is wrong, not just in this situation but in all situations
Tictac
Forum Grunt

~FreeSpirit~ wrote:
Tictac wrote:just because a word escapes the filter doesn't make it right....If I was speaking to my customers at work and i called them any variation of male genitaliar, I think they'd quite rightly be offended

so can I get something clear...I'm allowed to use any word that phallus means?
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory

Nox wrote:Clarkey, lol, have been around for the last few years, most wars have that type of abuse, especially all big server wars, the faction vs ga, cia vs cop, etc, i was in all of them so i know :P mostly cause the 2 sides have/had issues, long standing issues, personnaly i also dont agree with being rude to anyone, its just a game after all, but for some, all pay???

not everyone does it, blaming all just cause of a few is wrong, not just in this situation but in all situations

Indeed Nox in the end many pay for the actions of some. It however was this or let the conversations of insults and slander continue. Same goes with law u might not like it but in the end everyone has to stick to it ;)
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory

Tictac wrote:
~FreeSpirit~ wrote:

so can I get something clear...I'm allowed to use any word that phallus means?

As long as it doesnt activate the wordfilter i believe u are free to do so.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

You are right and wrong. Depends on the point of view.
What I wanted to prove and what also mr ~Freespirit~ did is that what is offending to one is not offending for others. The users abide by the rules of this forum and that word is not censored yet because it might not be offending to the majority. You can suggest it to be included in the filter though if it`s such a big deal and next time when someone uses it, it will be a rule breach. ;)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:Customers? Work? You going to buy something from me? My time perhaps for being your moderator? I only take USD, and I accept all credit cards that Paypal accepts. :D

People will continously break rules etc on this forum when the Staff do not take things seriously.
Reading that post makes me think why should people behave themselves.
Image ImageImageImage
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Jack wrote:Customers? Work? You going to buy something from me? My time perhaps for being your moderator? I only take USD, and I accept all credit cards that Paypal accepts. :D

nope, even my customers expect me to have the ability to undetake the role I was given...If I didn't I'd not get paid.......
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory

How did we go from the use of this forum and the wordfilter to jobs and getting paid? :?

Indeed u have to set an example for ur customers but your customers also need to respect u else its a 1 way street
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

What I wanted to prove and what also mr ~Freespirit~ did is that what is offending to one is not offending for others. The users abide by the rules of this forum and that word is not censored yet because it might not be offending to the majority. You can suggest it to be included in the filter though if it`s such a big deal and next time when someone uses it, it will be a rule breach. ;)

the word in question is offensive no matter how you see it,,,,,obviously as you rightly say some people might take offense in something another would not.....but surely that's the whole point of having a rule base.....one by which we all adhere.

@ freespirit if another version of that word gets picked up by the word filter that would suggest the meaning of the word is not acceptable
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

~FreeSpirit~ wrote:How did we go from the use of this forum and the wordfilter to jobs and getting paid? :?

Indeed u have to set an example for ur customers but your customers also need to respect u else its a 1 way street

Ask Jack, he's the Joker around here.
Image ImageImageImage
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory

Tictac wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

the word in question is offensive no matter how you see it,,,,,obviously as you rightly say some people might take offense in something another would not.....but surely that's the whole point of having a rule base.....one by which we all adhere.

@ freespirit if another version of that word gets picked up by the word filter that would suggest the meaning of the word is not acceptable

So by that your saying that every website, book, movie, cd u name it with for example the word phallus is insulting? Good luck getting all biology books fro mthe shelfs then ;)

Its only a word and humans give meaning to it ;)
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

by the way, just to make clear:

The "Special" Rules Regarding The Posting of Threads Involveing said subject are as follows :

-Anyone Createing a new Thread will be Verbally warned once (within the first 3 days of the implementation of this thread) After 3 days, Word should have spread (the forum staff recommends you direct your comrades in arms to this thread) , And as such, Anyone posting a new thread on the subject thereafter will be banned until the end of the war. If you cannot follow this straightforward rule, you forfeit your right to openly disscuss the subject in question.

-Anyone Acting Offensive, Spamming, Or Makeing Comment which are Disrespectful of a personal Nature, will be warned Once That is, 1 Time (A note will be made on the personal record of that person) if, said person acts in an innapropriate mannor again,The Comment will be Deleted, and they will be banned until the end of the war.

this are the special rules, verbally warned?? was that supposed to mean? no forum warning?

and dont use that in this situation, cause it is only the creating war thread situation, the acting offensive part, clearly stats an official warning ;)

and again, laws are reviewed all the time, and changed over time, cause of not being correct ;) and making special rules for a particular crowd in a community :-k why does that seem so wrong to me :?

ppl, pls dont spam here, specially the mods ;)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”