Moons

I Am Thor
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Four Races
Race: Asgard/Ancient
ID: 7368

Re: Moons

Indeed, and we can't forget that the number of fragments would vary depending on the size of the moon/asteroid/comet. Also on the number of moons destroyed, and the power of the MS.
~FreeSpirit~ wrote:U can always knock at my door but remember i knock back ;)
Tridentkilla wrote:Bush was about as Communist has Lenin was Capitalist...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

seems this may end up in Q.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

Lore wrote:seems this may end up in Q.

?
Dajjal
Forum Elder
ID: 0

I Am Thor wrote:Indeed, and we can't forget that the number of fragments would vary depending on the size of the moon/asteroid/comet. Also on the number of moons destroyed, and the power of the MS.

Though the smaller the fragments, the less damage would be deal to the home planet due to the rocks disintegrating in the atmosphere...
Made by Colton!
Stargater580
Phoenix Award for Epic Success, awarded Jan 21, 2009.
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

That is true, there are many factors to be taken into consideration.
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

Reformed Idea with some additions to it:
I propose the creation of Moons, Asteroids and Comets into the game for Mothership Fleets or the Mothership itself to conquer/destroy.

Now if a moon is destroyed, fragments of the moon rain down on the planets surface and destroy defences/facilities. A moon may only be destroyed if the motherships offense is supremely superior to the moons surface defense by a margin of 60-70% of the current defense.

Big planets would be able to hold about 5-7 moons in total if all moons are demi-planets, 17 plutoids, 13 small moons, 9 moons and the amount of motherhip power to destroy these moons would have to be at least tenfold of the moons defense. Monsterous planets however should hold a maximum of 19 moons regardless of size of the moons due to the size of the planet.

Small planets and very small planets would only be able to handle one to two moons regardless the size of the moons, which range from plutoid, small moon, moon, and demi-planet. Each moon adds a boost to the planet it is designated to orbit and the boost can be increased the same way a planets facilities are.

Asteroids and comets should be subjected to gravitational pull of a tractor beam from a mothership to force the object hurtling into an enemies planet or platform. Futhermore, these small asteroids and comets should also be subjected to mining by the mothership's and should only come around once in awhile like real asteroids and comets do.

As pointed out earlier, due to the gravitational pull of a planet, the number of fragments in space would vary and due to the atmospheric entry, some fragments would burn up upon entry.

That being said, and depending on the power of the MS, and the size of the moon(s)/asteroid(s)/comet(s), the number of fragments orbiting said planet would vary greatly. Formula for the number of fragments to be determined is still in the works (any help on that would be greatly appreciated, I'm no math major :-D ). The fragments themselves can be used as an added protection to a planet, possibly destroying some incoming fleets due to in inability to completely manuveur the said asteroid field caused by the destruction of a moon.

Moons would have their own separate name, but the character limit would be shorter than that of the planets themselves.

Feel free to add on anything I might have left out, any holes you see, or anything you would like to add.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

There's just one problem i can see. If you have a planet defense, that can take out fleets, how hard can it be to shoot out pieces of rock that may cause damage which just drift in a straight line. I like the moon's idea, the comet's less so.
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

Because they don't always drift in a straight line, and also, it depends on the size of the chunk and the comet's can be used to redirect it into someone's planet to remove a few defensive weapons
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Bit of spam, but hey.

The only reason celestial objects DON'T travel in a straight line, is when affected by gravity, which can be easily calculated roughly. Though, if a comet was to skew at 45degrees for no reason, I'd be quite impressed
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

Haha, thats very true :lol:
Crayton
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks - 3P
Race: Pending...

Just a question, with all the calculations added in a mod of this magnitude to the game, would this not be too heavy for the sgw server to handle? Slowing down gameplay, just something to think about, other than that, this is defenitely a great idea to go with.;

Each player have moons as suggested, but the fragments of such moons being destroyed effect the single player being targeted and the attacker only, reducing server resources needed to calculate objects affecting multiple players in the future, but in turn fragments may damage the attacking MS as well, all by chance obviously. Where do the mobile platforms fit into all of this?
ImageImage
Lord Drazsyr
Forum Addict
Race: Ancient
ID: 71292
Alternate name(s): Draz, Drazsyr

how about this:

instead of adding moons to any planet, only the planets that are large enough can have moons, and it can be a random thing. planet sizes go tiny, very small, small, normal, above average, large, huge, monstrous and mind blowing if memory serves right. y not put it that only the large, huge and mind blowing planets can have moons.,

Proposal to put in Moons around planets -

A moon can be gained around only planets of size Large, Huge, Monstrous, or Mind Blowing. This occurs when an Asteroid that is passing the planet is pulled in by the gravity and starts to orbit the planet, instead of swinging around or crashing into the planets surface. Planetary defenses operate on their own orbit and have no interference with the moons.

Moons are 5 times smaller then the size of the planet. Their defenses are the same as their defenses would be on a planet of that size. They also give 1/10th of the resources that the respective planet is is orbiting is giving.

A Large planet would have 1% chance of gaining a moon each day. If a moon is gained, it is capable of getting one other moon. Chances of getting a second moon would be .5%. Max moon size is tiny.

A Huge planet would have 5% chance of gaining a moon each day. If a moon is gained, it is capable of gaining two other moons. Chances of getting other moons would be 1%. Max moon sizes are very small.

A Monstrous planet would have a 10% chance of gaining a moon each day. If a moon is gained, it is capable of gaining three other moons. Chances of gaining other moons would be 2%. Max moon sizes are small.

A Mind Blowing Planet would have a 20% chance of gaining a moon each day. If a moon is gained, it is capable of gaining up to four other moons. Chances of gaining other moons would be 5%. Max moon sizes are normal.

Upgrading a planet doubles the chance at that moment of getting a planet. I.E., upgrading from an Above Average planet to a Large planet gives a 2% chance of gaining a moon right there.

The moon sizes are not upgraded when the planet size is upgraded, but can be upgraded the same way that their respective planet size would. I.E., a tiny moon would cost the same amount to upgrade as a tiny planet.

A moon has a 30% chance of taking a hit for a planet. The moon's defenses take the full force of the hit, without any damage to the planet. If the damage destroys all defenses on the planet, then the moon is destroyed. The destroyed moons fragments then does 4% damage to the attacking mothership and 2% damage to the planet.

If a planet with a moon is stolen, the moon is left behind as the mothership can only take one body at a time. The moon tries to follow for a while, but eventually the planet loses its gravitational grip, and the moon is lost to space and can not be recovered.

this would be a very heavy modification to the game anyway u would put it, but an interesting one.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

dress italian
kiss french
drive german
drink russian
be polish
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: none atm
Race: replicator

woow now this is in dept topic. but is a good one :D

but am i correct in saying u take a planet and the moons come with it.
and after reading all this i dont think i ever read what the moons are to add :?
I Am Thor
Forum Elite

739182465 wrote:woow now this is in dept topic. but is a good one :D

but am i correct in saying u take a planet and the moons come with it.
and after reading all this i dont think i ever read what the moons are to add :?

Could possibly work that way.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

As long as i don't have to put up with rocks being thrown at my planet unless i have them already, I'm happy

Return to “Suggestions Archive”