25%
ascention : no
23%

Total votes: 163
grandmaster
Forum Newbie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Re: Give the game back to the real players.

A better idea might be to tie growth in with rank

Ie same as with ascension

If naq was the limiter in purchasing upgrades then people at rank 6000 who play the game with the sole motivation of making money would benefit as much as the people at rank 10 who have actually tried to move up in the game./

Glory rep points are a good idea to reward the higher ranks

Rank 1 gets like 10

ranks 2-10 5

top .5% 3

top 1% 1

then for every 2-3000 purchase a 1-5% increase on the caps

This way those at the top get rewarded for playing hard and being at the top.
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

No

And glory is fair enough how it is.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
~Lord Zeus~
Fledgling Forumer

I agree they should stop slowing down better players
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

~Lord Zeus~ wrote:I agree they should stop slowing down better players

you tha man !

well , at least for a day :)
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

@ draleg Hows about instead of complaining at everything that doesn't go your way you just put up and shut up!!!, orjust spend some more cash on the game according to you that gets you want you want why not test your corruption theory... Heres an idea sell 200 mill uu and see how fast you can grow it back, there you go problem solved!!!! OMG the amount of **Filtered** that comes out of the strongest players in this game astounds me given you are the strongest in the game.... You should be happy that your growing as fast as the game lets you not complaining that you cant have a billion army size and accuse everyone else of being a slacker...... If you really want ill make you a medal that has "HARDCORE" in big bold letters across the front of it so everyone knows that you are king **Filtered** at SGW... Im assuming that your sig is referring to bending rules???
Draleg
Forum Expert

Yogi Bear wrote:@ draleg Hows about instead of complaining at everything that doesn't go your way you just put up and shut up!!!, orjust spend some more cash on the game according to you that gets you want you want why not test your corruption theory... Heres an idea sell 200 mill uu and see how fast you can grow it back, there you go problem solved!!!! OMG the amount of **Filtered** that comes out of the strongest players in this game astounds me given you are the strongest in the game.... You should be happy that your growing as fast as the game lets you not complaining that you cant have a billion army size and accuse everyone else of being a slacker...... If you really want ill make you a medal that has "HARDCORE" in big bold letters across the front of it so everyone knows that you are king **Filtered** at SGW... Im assuming that your sig is referring to bending rules???

yes ! I want that medal with HARDCORE in big bold letters.

And no , the bending is something els , i'm the one that bent the Omega sighn , it use to be flat ---- now its Ω

As for selling 200 mil UU , no , my income would drop to your lvl , anything under 30 bil /turn is for in game slackers like you .

Yes , your are a in game slacker .

Next time you make a post commenting on my view be sure to be polite , we would not want ppl to hold a grudg now do we .

Get out of perg , in game slacking wimp. ( not a fact but i can just guess your in perg )

ps : is that your in game nick ? i'm to lazy to look it up.
ps2 : stop filtering , next thing you know were going to have to pay recycling tax .
Last edited by Draleg on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil bending Draleg
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

Go Draleg :lol:
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Hookoo2
Forum Expert
Alliance: Executive Solutions
Race: system lord
ID: 69357

grandmaster wrote:A better idea might be to tie growth in with rank

Ie same as with ascension

If naq was the limiter in purchasing upgrades then people at rank 6000 who play the game with the sole motivation of making money would benefit as much as the people at rank 10 who have actually tried to move up in the game./

Glory rep points are a good idea to reward the higher ranks

Rank 1 gets like 10

ranks 2-10 5

top .5% 3

top 1% 1

then for every 2-3000 purchase a 1-5% increase on the caps

This way those at the top get rewarded for playing hard and being at the top.

The only wrong thing with that is most of the best players in the game arent between ranks 1-1000.

Most of the people between ranks 1-1000 are just stat builders or as we call them ascenders with no want for war they are not the best players in the game the best players in the game are those who build a 3 trill strike 3 trill def throw 10 mill uu in as covert n when they get massed they laugh and rebuild it.
Growth yes its not hard to raid 10 mill uu or farm enough naq to buy 10 mill uu in a day.
personally i had a 500 bill ms lvl 32 covert lvl 21 ac 100k raw n massed everyone i could find with stats just cause i was bored but i am currently ascending again aswell as im in war just ascended to lg+3 today.
What i think is ruining the game is buying/selling uu and naq turns ect with $$$ because thats how those small guys are getting bigger purchasing massive amounts of uu and just putting everything into turns and up and selling off everytime their getting near the raiding cap in which they regain what they spent on uu in the first place and they have a decent account to play with aswell.

Hookoo2
Forum Expert
Alliance: Executive Solutions
Race: system lord
ID: 69357

Draleg wrote:
Yogi Bear wrote:@ draleg Hows about instead of complaining at everything that doesn't go your way you just put up and shut up!!!, orjust spend some more cash on the game according to you that gets you want you want why not test your corruption theory... Heres an idea sell 200 mill uu and see how fast you can grow it back, there you go problem solved!!!! OMG the amount of **Filtered** that comes out of the strongest players in this game astounds me given you are the strongest in the game.... You should be happy that your growing as fast as the game lets you not complaining that you cant have a billion army size and accuse everyone else of being a slacker...... If you really want ill make you a medal that has "HARDCORE" in big bold letters across the front of it so everyone knows that you are king **Filtered** at SGW... Im assuming that your sig is referring to bending rules???

And no , the bending is something els , i'm the one that bent the Omega sighn , it use to be flat ---- now its Ω

As for selling 200 mil UU , no , my income would drop to your lvl , anything under 30 bil /turn is for in game slackers like you .

Next time you make a post commenting on my view be sure to be polite , we would not want ppl to hold a grudg now do we .

Get out of perg , in game slacking wimp. ( not a fact but i can just guess your in perg )

ps2 : stop filtering , next thing you know were going to have to pay recycling tax .

hahahhahhahha ingame recycling tax

Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

Hookoo2 wrote:
Draleg wrote:

hahahhahhahha ingame recycling tax

Sorry about the slow reply but i have been so busy slacking * cough cough having a life cough* never got round to it, lol there was only 2 filtered words but yea good call all the same, ohh and as for that medal i have heaps of slacking to do at the moment but when i get enough time to waste ill make you one
Draleg
Forum Expert

good to hear , and i know your slacking , srry selling UU , try MaYHeM alliance , there always buying.
Evil bending Draleg
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I think this is a very complex issue.

One of the problems with the game.. is there is TOO much of stuff floating around.

So as where I do say yes, RAISE the caps.. to about 800mill army size perhaps, stop buying and raiding at where they are now, then RE-open them again later in the stage, say 500mill until 600mill you can buy again, 600mill until 700 mill you can raid again. Also from 500mill+ halve the number of At's an account can have.

I would also use the current cap for the plague (its 409mill aint it? I am not sure..) Any lifers/miners above that are killable.

It sorta of brings an entire new dimension to the game for main. People start a new account.. first they have to build and survive and fight their way up to about 50mill before they can grow exponentially really and have bigger and better fights. Wam, they reach the 400mill mark after a lot of time and effort. They can however keep growing.... only problem now is.. it could all be lost.

All of a sudden defences get meaning again... the little guys have an advantage because they have the ability to mass some of the super defences that would emerge, however it of course will cost an awful lot. The bigger players will be forced (most likely) into a lot more fighting, increasing activity.. and also they will have a way to define who wins a war.

A lot of problems solved.
Of course there will be drawbacks.. but unless they are not selfish (*random veteran noob cries about losing all their lifers and miners*)..then please.. save us.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
grimgor
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 28599

what about removing the cant buy UU cap and raid cap

instead you lose more UU on transaction and raid less
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

sorry little late coming in to this thread, was wondering from all the "real players", what is the point of such a big army, when u can't really destroy any one any way ? I mean, really, if you could , i would have suspected that some of the longer wars of late that have happen in this game would be over now, a clear winner. The "real players" who understands this, there for, is looking for bigger army for more resource, maybe to sell, and then becomes an "unreal player" or "stat builder" to some one who is a "realer player" lol

in the end, it all about us, who ever the us are
Easy^ Rocks
Draleg
Forum Expert

Semper is on to something .
Evil bending Draleg

Return to “Suggestions Archive”